View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Tip of the day:
    Report, ignore, dont quote and keep calm!

Posted via CB10
    Really?
    08-21-13 05:10 AM
    Q5 may be a game changer. Do not rely on public pricing, won't be the same for fleets.
    Even on fleet pricing it's about *double* what it's nokia counterpart is - it's just too expensive.
    08-21-13 05:27 AM
    How can the Q5 be a game changer. The figure clearly show that countries like India are not buying in to Blackberry as expected. Anyone still in after the ER will be taught another horrible lesson. I am surprised that TH has not already said that they are selling billions!
    Has Heins ever made another statement about sales after he got caught out at the last earnings release?
    08-21-13 05:28 AM
    Definitely Hyde!

Sent from the BungaDude using the treat of the week :-)
    08-21-13 05:28 AM
    Then it is time to sell before it is too late. The longer this sale thing goes the worst it will get. Lots of denial going on here. I know many here have no choice as they are way under water but the time comes when you go to cut yopur feelings loose and kiss that money goodbye.
    You might be correct, but it is also equally valid at this point to say that it is time to buy before it is too late. I'm actually at even, slightly up, and I am planning to add more. I don't gamble. Stock is a game of probability to me and I like my chances with this one.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:37 AM
    How can the Q5 be a game changer. The figure clearly show that countries like India are not buying in to Blackberry as expected. Anyone still in after the ER will be taught another horrible lesson. I am surprised that TH has not already said that they are selling billions!
    Was in the enterprise context. For companies currently using BlackBerry, it will be incentive -ed. Z/Q 10 for head management, Q5 for regular users.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    08-21-13 05:38 AM
    Has Heins ever made another statement about sales after he got caught out at the last earnings release?
    I bet not. Most of the talk is going on behind closed doors these days. The ER is where the rubber will meet the road. He better hope he sells before the next ER. I bet he will IF he can.

Definitely Hyde!

Thanks SIr!

I am well covered and apologise for the negative comments but there are two side to this and I represent the non KoolAid side!

Hope you are well!

Sent from the BungaDude using the treat of the week :-)
    08-21-13 05:41 AM
    You might be correct, but it is also equally valid at this point to say that it is time to buy before it is too late. I'm actually at even, slightly up, and I am planning to add more. I don't gamble. Stock is a game of probability to me and I like my chances with this one.

Posted via CB10
    Well Sir, I have to then wish you the best of luck!
    08-21-13 05:42 AM
    Well Sir, I have to then wish you the best of luck!
    Same to you!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:44 AM
    No. Every sign points to capitulation with respect to sales. Even the analysts appear to have conceded that hardware is a lost cause. You hardly hear of channel checks during the Q10 and Q5 era compared to when the Z10 was new. Hardly any analyst, bull or bear, is placing any value to BlackBerry's hardware business.

Counting on a behind the scenes mass adoption be enterprise is a recipe for disappointment.

Edit: list = lost
    Last edited by notfanboy; 08-21-13 at 06:11 AM.
    08-21-13 05:47 AM
    No. Every sign points to capitulation with respect to sales. Even the analysts appear to have conceded that hardware is a list cause. You hardly hear of channel checks during the Q10 and Q5 era compared to when the Z10 was new. Hardly any analyst, bull or bear, is placing any value to BlackBerry's hardware business.

Counting on a behind the scenes mass adoption be enterprise is a recipe for disappointment.
    If you were put in charge of a corporation, which mobile device would you choose for your company?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-21-13 05:52 AM
    If you were put in charge of a corporation, which mobile device would you choose for your company?

Posted via CB10
    Definitely not one from a vendor whose continued existence is in doubt.
    08-21-13 06:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I were a "wise" CEO and was looking at moving 5000 employees to a new platform, I would have to think long and hard before I would move them to Blackberry. Maybe if they were sold and the new buyer was putting billions into breathing new life into the long term survival I would consider. I just can not see that happening.

What would YOU do if you were this "wise" CEO?
    08-21-13 06:11 AM
    Definitely not one from a vendor whose continued existence is in doubt.
    Sure, but the question is which one would you choose, with the understanding that a wrong choice would be detrimental to your company.
    And why is BlackBerry's existence is in doubt to you? It might be uncertain, but probably not in doubt. Even if BlackBerry goes bankrupt (which I think is unlikely) , the buyer would likely continue to support BlackBerry devices for as long as they can.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-21-13 06:17 AM
    If I were a "wise" CEO and was looking at moving 5000 employees to a new platform, I would have to think long and hard before I would move them to Blackberry. Maybe if they were sold and the new buyer was putting billions into breathing new life into the long term survival I would consider. I just can not see that happening.

What would YOU do if you were this "wise" CEO?
    I am not sure if I am wise or not, but I am a CEO and everyone in my company uses BB10. All confidential discussions are either made in person or with BBM, no email, no regular voice calls (voice uses BBM voip).

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:21 AM
    I don't gamble.
    Stock is a game of probability to me and I like my chances with this one.
    Wait... didn't you just describe gambling...?

-CFOT
    08-21-13 06:23 AM
    So what's it going to be boys...green?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:25 AM

-CFOT
    Indeed! Thanks for getting the joke.
    I joked about becoming a riverboat gambler by investing in bbry a few months back.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-21-13 06:27 AM
    I have a feeling we'll have a green day today. Someone knows something and that last 5 mins yesterday was done deliberately and that particular person isn't going to let it drop anytime soon.
    bkupris and cjcampbell like this.
    08-21-13 06:33 AM
    Don't count BlackBerry out yet...

http://media.mil.ca/show-voir-eng.as...tm&option=intl

Go Canada!
    08-21-13 06:36 AM
    Personally I think it stays green too...price is low enough for whomever is accumulating, no need to wait for lower.

Posted via CB10
    bkupris and cjcampbell like this.
    08-21-13 06:37 AM
    I am not sure if I am wise or not, but I am a CEO and everyone in my company uses BB10. All confidential discussions are either made in person or with BBM, no email, no regular voice calls (voice uses BBM voip).

Posted via CB10
    Seems we are all CEOs today. Last time I moved my company to BB was the 9900. I learned my lesson then and do not care to repeat it. I could not pry the iPhones from my employees hands if I wanted to. They are all excited about the 5S, what they do not know is only half will be getting the 5S and the one who won't have phones less than 6 months old. They will have to suffer.

You and I making this choice for our company is one thing, but when you are rolling out 5000+, you got to look to the future. I am sorry to say it would have to be Apple or Android as I do not fear that they will still be around 2-3 years from now. I can not say the same for BB.

Green? It is looking red to me.
    08-21-13 07:03 AM
    I never realized that Kik was in Waterloo:

For Kik Interactive Inc., the Waterloo, Ont.-based developer of its namesake smartphone messaging app, hitting 80 million registered users globally is more than just a milestone for the small startup. This latest figure pushes the company of just 35 employees ahead of the original mobile messaging app and its longtime Canadian rival BlackBerry Messenger, which has roughly 60 million users.

Ted Livingston, Kik’s founder and chief executive, says this growth is another sign that the go-to device of today’s tech world is the mobile phone.

“Within mobile, I think it shows that messaging is really the killer app,” he said in an interview with the Financial Post.

“Similar to what search was for the web era, and similar to what spreadsheets were for the PC era. It’s a communication device and we rarely talk on the phone any more, we just text. And this is texting for free, but better.”

Kik’s growing user base underscores the need for messaging apps to be agile and available on multiple phone platforms — something which BBM is just branching out into now, he said.

“Back then in 2009, [BBM] could have been the mobile messenger, if only they had gone cross-platform,” said Mr. Livingston. “But they chose not to, and today, they’re left behind in the race. And it’s not clear whether they’ll be able to catch up at this point.”
    Kik surpasses BlackBerry Messenger in number of registered users | Financial Post
    08-21-13 07:11 AM
    Founded by a guy who worked on BBM.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-21-13 07:22 AM

-CFOT
    Ya, that's a style of value investing. 50/50 chance of going to $30 on a $10 stock is not a house advantage. Graham was well known for this style of investment. I forget if it was graham or buffett that called it cigar but investing. Wouldn't call bbry a cigar but though.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    08-21-13 07:24 AM
113,256 ... 17611762176317641765 ...