View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    not related to the jump today, but nice to see something positive for the SP

BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) Could Jump 50%-100% In 12 Months | StreetAuthority
    m0de25, Randeman, mike869 and 4 others like this.
    08-20-13 03:13 PM
    thats one nice looking bar
    take99 likes this.
    08-20-13 03:16 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001595.png
    Thanks to whoever for that spikes

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    cjcampbell, lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-20-13 03:23 PM
    After Hours: 10.19 -0.35 (-3.32%)

LOL

Cancel that? No idea why I saw this..
    08-20-13 03:24 PM
    What else are you looking at, pal?

Posted via CB10
    Since it's after trading and this does mention BBRY I'll give you what I'm preparing for. Note, this is only a short term event and you take your money and run, but I'm thinking I'll tripple my money over a very short term for other investments.

AMD. The current SP is $3.63 and is expected to hit $11 - $12 before Christmas. They are providing the chip and graphic cards for the latest XBOX and PlayStation ALREADY SOLD OUT ON PRE-ORDER from Amazon. These will be the gaming craze of the year and will sell out fast. 18 October is their next quarterly report and the CEO already said they are expecting a 20% profit increase this quarter. So I'll invest before October depending on how fast the SP starts moving up. I'll ride it until after Christmas or until the SP starts to drop again which is reflected in past history. By 18 January I'll take my profit and move on, which can be used for BBRY or not. Just my thoughts since you asked.
    08-20-13 03:27 PM
    not related to the jump today, but nice to see something positive for the SP

BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) Could Jump 50%-100% In 12 Months | StreetAuthority
    I would expect at least a 50% jump after it fell from $15 to $10 last month.
    It's really just a correction.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    08-20-13 03:28 PM
    After Hours: 10.19 -0.35 (-3.32%)

LOL

Cancel that? No idea why I saw this..
    I saw the transaction too. Maybe someone with level 2 access knows. $10.59 now.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-20-4.30.45-pm.png
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-20-13 03:33 PM
    Take this with a grain of salt but apparently Bain Capital, KKR and Carlyle Group are interested in a private deal to possibly partner with Fairfax.

*shrug*
    Today's action could be accumulation by some potential suitors. Let's see the volume and price action in the next few days.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-20-13 03:40 PM
    Since it's after trading and this does mention BBRY I'll give you what I'm preparing for. Note, this is only a short term event and you take your money and run, but I'm thinking I'll tripple my money over a very short term for other investments.

AMD..
    Better you than me - if you think you can get in and out Ninja style with the profits... good luck.
    08-20-13 03:41 PM

AMD. The current SP is $3.63 and is expected to hit $11 - $12 before Christmas. They are providing the chip and graphic cards for the latest XBOX and PlayStation ALREADY SOLD OUT ON PRE-ORDER from Amazon. These will be the gaming craze of the year and will sell out fast. 18 October is their next quarterly report and the CEO already said they are expecting a 20% profit increase this quarter. So I'll invest before October depending on how fast the SP starts moving up. I'll ride it until after Christmas or until the SP starts to drop again which is reflected in past history. By 18 January I'll take my profit and move on, which can be used for BBRY or not. Just my thoughts since you asked.
    Cool stuff! I appreciate the info, I'll look into it all too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:43 PM
    LC is BACK that why, and I bet he is wearing is green shirt today
    So, what the heck happened? Somebody just loaded up on a crap load of shares I am assuming?
    cjcampbell, Randeman, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    08-20-13 03:45 PM
    APPL also up almost 2%, reaching $510. What's the crack here? Apple and BlackBerry partnership? LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:47 PM
    Someone ****ed around and press "buy" it's the only logical explanation
    True story. My first purchase ever was to be Sleeman Breweries (symbol ALE, at the time). When I checked the realtime price before buying, it was within a few cents of where I wanted so I hit BUY. A day or so later I saw that I'd purchased a Vancouver-based medical imaging software company with a symbol like ALT. Coincidentally it had the same stock price at the moment I bought it so I didn't catch the mistake in time. By the time I figured it all out, that stock dropped about 15%, then another 15% or so....

Rather than panic sell, however, I investigated, decided it wasn't a bad stock to hold (in spite of the drop) and bought some ALE too. I held it close to a year and it eventually recovered enough for me to sell at something like a 10% gain, which I considered extremely lucky, plus a lesson well-learned. Now I always check the realtime price AND the company name before I hit that BUY button. :-)
    08-20-13 03:54 PM
    some guy on twitter is saying Prem's offer will be made public shortly as in tomorrow. Gotta love the rumour mill.
    08-20-13 04:00 PM
    True story. My first purchase ever was to be Sleeman Breweries (symbol ALE, at the time). When I checked the realtime price before buying, it was within a few cents of where I wanted so I hit BUY. A day or so later I saw that I'd purchased a Vancouver-based medical imaging software company with a symbol like ALT. Coincidentally it had the same stock price at the moment I bought it so I didn't catch the mistake in time. By the time I figured it all out, that stock dropped about 15%, then another 15% or so....

Rather than panic sell, however, I investigated, decided it wasn't a bad stock to hold (in spite of the drop) and bought some ALE too. I held it close to a year and it eventually recovered enough for me to sell at something like a 10% gain, which I considered extremely lucky, plus a lesson well-learned. Now I always check the realtime price AND the company name before I hit that BUY button. :-)
    Sounds a bit like my story but only in my case, it was BlackBerry. I should have never bought at 18 and I should have been pro active on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:03 PM
    some guy on twitter is saying Prem's offer will be made public shortly as in tomorrow. Gotta love the rumour mill.
    Yup, may as well come clean now and let you guys in on it. I'm lumping all of my shares in with Prem and we're taking BlackBerry private. Together, WE own almost 10.000001% of the shares. Of course you can guess my percentage in that figure.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:07 PM
    This is exciting. Can't wait till tomorrow. Or just another long scammer

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:10 PM
    Anyone seen the thread that indicates that BBRY is effectively doing a firesale ($99 per unit) of Z10s to employees (plus friends and family)?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-20-13 04:10 PM
    Yup. That's a horrible sign

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:12 PM
    That would not be good news. I can see now how the media would play that.
    08-20-13 04:13 PM
    Anyone seen the thread that indicates that BBRY is effectively doing a firesale ($99 per unit) of Z10s to employees (plus friends and family)?
    I Live in waterloo and I can confirm that this is true. Family and friend deal ..Unlocked Z10 for 99
    FastLane228 likes this.
    08-20-13 04:14 PM
    Wonder how many employees will buy and simply flip on ebay?
    08-20-13 04:15 PM
    Wonder how many employees will buy and simply flip on ebay?
    Well at this rate there wont be that many employees left lol ....But for 100 that is a deal for sure..They prop want to get ride of all their inventory of z10 because once the z30 goes on sale no one will buy a z10
    08-20-13 04:17 PM
    Tomorrow is going to make history.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    08-20-13 04:19 PM
    Better you than me - if you think you can get in and out Ninja style with the profits... good luck.
    Well, I did it with two oil stocks, BBRY a few times, and I called the TSLA as well and walked away with money there too. I see these two devices rapidly selling out sending the SP to great profit levels before dropping back after the holidays. The XBOX One and PlayStation 4 are expected to be the two main selling items for Christmas this year. At $3.64 per share right now, I'll take that chance, yes sir.
    08-20-13 04:20 PM
113,256 ... 17571758175917601761 ...