View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    08-20-13 11:02 AM
    If you don't know what Groklaw is, you don't understand what was just lost.

I mourn for your ignorance.
    08-20-13 11:02 AM
    wow. a conspiracy on BB is becoming more and more believable. Crazy if it is true, although we would probably never find out.
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-20-13 12:00 PM
    wow. a conspiracy on BB is becoming more and more believable. Crazy if it is true, although we would probably never find out.
    I've been away for several days so I'm not understanding this one. Is there some type of conspiracy? What's your prediction on next month's ER??
    08-20-13 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    I still think Mallick ought to do more. Get those bank apps in and Instagram and the other most highly requested apps. Make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    I still think Mallick ought to do more. Get those bank apps in and Instagram and the other most highly requested apps. Make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    Why can't Mallick / BlackBerry develop their OWN Instagram client? There are 3rd party instagram clients available. Mallick could simply fund development of in-house Instagram client by BlackBerry. Same goes for other apps that allow 3rd parties to develop their own client.

It may not be as full featured as the official Instagram client but it'd be enough.

Call it BlackBerry Instagram Client.
    08-20-13 12:25 PM
    Why can't Mallick / BlackBerry develop their OWN Instagram client? There are 3rd party instagram clients available. Mallick could simply fund development of in-house Instagram client by BlackBerry. Same goes for other apps that allow 3rd parties to develop their own client.

It may not be as full featured as the official Instagram client but it'd be enough.

3rd party APIs have been shut down for the most part
    08-20-13 12:44 PM

Because they will shut it down like they did for WP8.
    08-20-13 12:58 PM
    If you don't know what Groklaw is, you don't understand what was just lost.

I mourn for your ignorance.
    A great site over the years with TONS of useful information, especially for people advising clients in the ever changing technology and legal worlds where concepts and laws evolve (and devolve) every day. SHe fought a good fight for many years, but I just think paranoia finally overtook Ms. Jones. It is really too bad. No doubt much of what she worries about could be true, by the reaction to just go dark seems like a huge overreaction. I hope they keep the archives up.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-20-13 01:06 PM
    Welcome back LC.

Good morning gang. I'm back and playing catchup so I'll be on and off throughout the day. Not to happy with the SP, but then again I haven't had time to read up on why we aren't at $18 yet. lol I hope everyone has a productive day and if I've missed something very important that dramatically effect BBRY then please speak up!
    lcjr likes this.
    08-20-13 01:34 PM
    I've been away for several days so I'm not understanding this one. Is there some type of conspiracy? What's your prediction on next month's ER??
    Hey Man!

Well, according to TH, we should expect a profit loss. I'm going to go with this. It's unfortunate but its what we have to live with (if profits are negative by December, I think its time for me to part).

However, we have heard no figures on sales or anything, so we could always be surprised someway somehow. It will be interesting to see their balance sheet and cash position as well.

I'm hoping for a partnership before then as I do not want to see a large drop in the SP again.

BES 10 and BBM I hope can drive the SP up to the mid/high teens. We saw this with the Z10 launch.
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-20-13 01:38 PM
    Could be a conspiracy. Thor picks this quarter to tell the truth. Something he never seems to do. Prem steps down. They claim there's a sale pending. Either to sell company to prem cheap. Or them thinking they could pump the sp to flog his shares. Stranger things have happened.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-20-13 01:41 PM
    So is the SP predicted to fall back into the 9s or what? Good lord this is getting harder and harder to watch. lol
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-20-13 01:52 PM
    just couldn't let it go green there could they...
    lcjr likes this.
    08-20-13 01:55 PM
    If I knew it was going to fall into the 9s or even the 8s again I'd sell what I have now and then buy back in at the lower price. At least then I'd make up my losses. I'm sure everyone is saying the same thing about now though. lol
    take99, cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-20-13 01:58 PM
    Did it just turn green?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:01 PM
    GREEEEN! woot woot
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-20-13 02:02 PM
    If I knew it was going to fall into the 9s or even the 8s again I'd sell what I have now and then buy back in at the lower price. At least then I'd make up my losses. I'm sure everyone is saying the same thing about now though. lol
    Yea, its hard to predict. Look what happened when we got the rumour for the buyout, it went passed 12 on the TSX for me!
    08-20-13 02:04 PM
    Because they will shut it down like they did for WP8.
    3rd party APIs have been shut down for the most part
    Damn! I have seen Instagram client on desktop. I figured if they can develop for desktop, then anyone should be able to develop a 3rd party Instagram client.
    08-20-13 02:09 PM
    Well it's definitely trying here. Last 45 minutes. It's not a typical time of day to get a push but it has happened a few times in the past weeks so maybe it can do so again today.
    08-20-13 02:15 PM
    If this stock goes remotely above 14-15 on the TSX, I'm selling. My theory is, if they don't announce a sale, partnership or anything of the sort by September, the stock will tank on the earnings call, that's when I'll buy it cheap so I can recoup that previous loss (If anything). I really don't think we'll beat estimates. If we do, it'll probably be because the expectations will be low and even then, I don't see a short squeeze occurring. Disappointment all around lol.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    08-20-13 02:18 PM
    someone doesn't want it to close green
    08-20-13 02:28 PM
    Someone is selling millions of shares cheap to keep the price down?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:30 PM
    Wow so many negative articles regarding blackberry. Something big must be in the works somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:40 PM
    I'm hoping for one big chunk of positive news to tirgger double digits. Btw I jumped back in 2 weeks ago at 9,50$. Sell like Hell.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    08-20-13 02:44 PM
113,256 ... 17551756175717581759 ...