View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Although, many of the articles on sa are garbage but some are still informative. Here is an article on company called Biolace, using dividends to expose naked shorts. Very informative. I am sure blackberry can use this in near future if they really care.
    BIOLASE Inc (BIOL): Biolase CEO Takes Dead Aim At Naked Short Sellers - Main Street Cheers - Seeking Alpha
    cjcampbell and W Hoa like this.
    08-20-13 08:31 AM
    Down 26 cents on 500,000 shares tells me that not a lot of stops were in place. We could recover some lost ground.
    m0de25, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 2 others like this.
    08-20-13 08:38 AM
    Damn, that went up fast! #jinxed

Someone is accumulating.
    kfh227 and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-20-13 08:49 AM
    Good morning gang. I'm back and playing catchup so I'll be on and off throughout the day. Not to happy with the SP, but then again I haven't had time to read up on why we aren't at $18 yet. lol I hope everyone has a productive day and if I've missed something very important that dramatically effect BBRY then please speak up!
    08-20-13 08:54 AM
    Hey Lenny.
    How was the house-hunting?
    lcjr likes this.
    08-20-13 08:59 AM
    Damn, that went up fast! #jinxed

Someone is accumulating.
    Boom! Volatility of the sp is nerve racking ...

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    08-20-13 09:01 AM
    Hey Lenny.
    How was the house-hunting?
    Hey Randeman! It went great. We found a real nice house and made an offer. Now we're going through the counter offers and such, but it should work out soon. So who's holding the SP back now? Is there any news (real news) on BB yet?
    08-20-13 09:06 AM
    Although, many of the articles on sa are garbage but some are still informative. Here is an article on company called Biolace, using dividends to expose naked shorts. Very informative. I am sure blackberry can use this in near future if they really care.
    BIOLASE Inc (BIOL): Biolase CEO Takes Dead Aim At Naked Short Sellers - Main Street Cheers - Seeking Alpha
    The CEO should be more concerned with the daily business operations.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 likes this.
    08-20-13 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    If the stock manipulation is affecting his investors, and in turn affecting sales and income potential, then I think he is taking care of the business operations.
    08-20-13 09:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I kind of agree with that because that's how it SHOULD be. But we witnessed first hand how that plays out with a manipulated stock like BBRY. There were times I think TH should have stepped up and did more than he did. Just me though.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-20-13 09:23 AM
    Hey Randeman! It went great. We found a real nice house and made an offer. Now we're going through the counter offers and such, but it should work out soon. So who's holding the SP back now? Is there any news (real news) on BB yet?
    Hey LC, good luck on the house offer and welcome back!

Not sure how much you've missed, but the news from the past few days are as follows:

From a couple of days ago:
    -Misek cut his price target to $15 from $18
    - His estimate of BB10 builds cut in half to 1m/mth
    - channel checks in Canada for Q5 are soft, no excitement here.

From yesterday:
    BB announced a price cut for BES10 CALs (yearly licensing) to $19 for non BB devices. It's hard to read this... Some see it as aggressively trying to win MDM market, some see it as a possible sign that BES10 has not caught on and the price cut is a desperate attempt to gain subscribers (ie. to sweeten buyout negotiations)
    lcjr likes this.
    08-20-13 09:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    He is taking care of the business by doing this. He needs to issue more share in order to support next phase of financing. With the manipulated/nakedshorts/lowshareprice he would have to issue more shares and that will punish the share price further.
    Blackberry does not need any financing at this stage.
    peter9477, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-20-13 09:28 AM
    Cool. Is headless a go in 10.2?
    If you mean in general, yes it is. If you mean in Battery Guru (or any other specific app) that remains to be seen. Developers will have to submit a business case for the use of the "full" headless capability (launch at startup, stay running all the time) and gain BlackBerry approval for it before they will be allowed to submit apps with the required system permission.
    08-20-13 09:34 AM
    If the stock manipulation is affecting his investors, and in turn affecting sales and income potential, then I think he is taking care of the business operations.
    Well played.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-20-13 09:37 AM
    Maybe I'm jaded and sensitive but reading the last few posts of a certain individual, I believe it is a reincarnation of a recently killed off individual.
    Up the crick sans paddle? :-) LoL
    sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    08-20-13 09:38 AM
    He is taking care of the business by doing this. He needs to issue more share in order to support next phase of financing. With the manipulated/nakedshorts/lowshareprice he would have to issue more shares and that will punish the share price further. Just wanna add that he is not giving any cash dividends, he is giving 200 to 201 shares dividends i think. LoL. This way every share has to be audited too.
    08-20-13 09:38 AM
    He is taking care of the business by doing this. He needs to issue more share in order to support next phase of financing. With the manipulated/nakedshorts/lowshareprice he would have to issue more shares and that will punish the share price further.
    Part of the committee's assignment is to increase scale in order to accelerate BB10. Do you think BlackBerry is capable of increasing scale in an effective way on their own? I'm sure that it is very important to have a partnership at this point in order to increase scale without burning all the cash reserves.

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    08-20-13 09:55 AM
    Reading sa comments, wow. Lots of people on that site that care about blackberry longs money. LoL. It is beyond funny. And it happens on blackberry positive articles more. Its beyond pre iraq war propaganda. Just amazing to see how much people "care" about my money. It brings tears to my eyes. I never knew that this much love and care existed in this world?
    08-20-13 10:09 AM
    This is somewhat off-topic and may be removed, but I believe the SP to be a symptom of what I'm about to bring up.

I still believe in BBRY, but after the closing of Groklaw I don't believe that BBRY has any chance of establishing itself in consumer America.

The US Government, through its agency the NSA and their PRISM program, won't allow corporate-level encryption into the hands of average Americans as they're afraid they'll be used to foment revolution in secrecy.

As an addendum, with a tyranny of thought now in place, how many Americans do you see exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights and taking up arms against their newly minted openly fascist government?

None.

The ones with all guns are too busy aiming them at each other to notice what is actually going on.

leafs123, zyben, Aham1984 and 4 others like this.
    08-20-13 10:21 AM
    Coo koo. Coo koo.
    Said the clock

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:27 AM
    interview with marty mallick

BlackBerry: Bridging The App Gap
    08-20-13 10:29 AM
    What is up with the 3 million share traded at 11:10? That is a lot of shares!

Looks to be another "buying opportunity" today.
    Bugmapper and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-20-13 10:40 AM
    There are lots of false bad mouthing of blackberry these days as we all know. Here is a sample of android complaints given by some one in another thread.
    "Regarding consumer complaints, here is a sample from Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T support pages, mind you from a company that has had an OS out for YEARS with millions of users:
    "How do I input a European phone number into my phone list? Foreign numbers do not fit the preset form."
    "How do i remove a logo burned into the screen?"
    "Can not send email..........but receive emaim just fine"
    "Messaging is constantly hanging!"
    "WHY DOES MY PLAY MUSIC APP ALWAYS OPEN ON ITS OWN?"
    "Voice Diaing Issues"
    "how to get better battery life!"
    "Direct message widget that comes with doesnt work"

Here's the link: Support - AT&T Cell Phones SGH-I337 | Samsung Cell Phones "
    08-20-13 10:50 AM
    What is up with the 3 million share traded at 11:10? That is a lot of shares!

Looks to be another "buying opportunity" today.
    Looks like 3 million on purchase side this time instead of dumping.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-20-13 10:54 AM
    I'll echo what others have said about the App Gap. It absolutely matters, for at least two reasons:

One, if you want people to switch to your phone, the transition *has* to be seamless. If I tell people that BB10 runs circles around iOS, but have to explain "you can't have everything you're used to...", that's a no-go. Has to be, "everything you like, but better messaging, security, and flow".

Two, it would force App advertisements to say, "available for your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry 10". That is free reinforcement that the platform is here to stay.
    jxnb and rarsen like this.
    08-20-13 10:54 AM
113,256 ... 17541755175617571758 ...