View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm ok with it...If that is for a BlackBerry device only, they make their margin on the device, seems fair.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 08:18 PM
    Curiosity piqued. How does cheaper prices on BES convince more people to buy phones?
    lowering the barrier to use the BB10 is bound to stimulate sales
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 08:19 PM
    Ok is it for bb10 phones only? That may make a bit of sense to me.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 08:20 PM
    I don't think so.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 08:25 PM
    They move more phones to the enterprise customer... hopefully.
    Agreed. Also, it appears the enterprise market still has little competition in the MDM arena and I see this as a move to further establish their dominance there. I think they've conceded that BYOD isn't going anywhere, so if companies are going to continue to let employees choose devices that aren't BlackBerrys, they need to make sure that BES is the service being used to manage them.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 08:26 PM
    Mixed emotions about this BES cut. I wonder if they will reach back and credit the large firms that just recently bought in?

Betcha Samsung is sweating a bit over this move. Knox-Knox... who's there?

You finish it....
    fedakd and BergerKing like this.
    08-19-13 08:43 PM
    Long time. I was just posting wishful thinking a few days ago about how nice it would be to see if your app sales figures can provide any direction.
    I would say not any real direction, other than that they might be interpreted as suggesting neither a big increase or big drop in sales. Given that I haven't yet released the first, major, long-promised update to Battery Guru, and given that "stale" apps tend to get gradually decreasing sales as competitors catch up and pass them, I'm not ready to say that my gradually decreasing sales indicate anything other than my own tardiness...

(That said, the update is definitely still in the works, including fixes for 10.2 for those who dare to run leaked releases on their primary device. Stay tuned! Investigating the headless capabilities in 10.2 now...)
    08-19-13 08:54 PM
    This is what you do when you will be selling the company soon. The number of subscribers you have is far more important than the profit you can make from them over the next year or so, especially if you or the new owner will simply be transitioning these customers to another service.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-19-13 08:56 PM
    Whoa!! An 80% price cut??
    It's a pretty huge cut. It will definitely help pump sales. Not to be too negative but I'm also wondering why they are making this move now. I really hope it's not in response to poor adoption.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    08-19-13 10:06 PM
    It will help only if the cost was prohibitive.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:11 PM
    BlackBerry Announces Reduced Pricing for Enterprise Service Offerings �Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

Huge price cut.
    Agressive move...?

Today we�re pleased to announce some exciting news for our enterprise customers: effective August 19, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 EMM Corporate Annual Client Access Licenses (CALs) will now be $19 MSRP a year, or less than $1.60 per month per device.
    08-19-13 10:37 PM
    "We know the Enterprise Mobility Management market is extremely competitive these days, and customers have a myriad of options when it comes to choosing a solution. With the new pricing model and continued commitment to the latest technology and security, BES10 is better positioned than ever before to be a leader in the EMM space for enterprises managing BlackBerry, iOS, and Android devices."

Scary stuff. This was supposed to be their high margin business even as smartphones struggled. It implies:
    1. Demand for this service is low
    2. What customers they attract to this service will not make them money. A 4/5 price cut...

Could attract BB10 buyers, but seems a bit backwards. Phone sales --> MDM sales. That was the plan?
    08-19-13 11:11 PM
    I would say not any real direction, other than that they might be interpreted as suggesting neither a big increase or big drop in sales. Given that I haven't yet released the first, major, long-promised update to Battery Guru, and given that "stale" apps tend to get gradually decreasing sales as competitors catch up and pass them, I'm not ready to say that my gradually decreasing sales indicate anything other than my own tardiness...

(That said, the update is definitely still in the works, including fixes for 10.2 for those who dare to run leaked releases on their primary device. Stay tuned! Investigating the headless capabilities in 10.2 now...)

Cool. Is headless a go in 10.2?
    08-19-13 11:15 PM
    for the love of all things holy, please sell at a price above 19 per share... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. THOR IF YOU ARE READING THIS DAMN YOU DO IT! LOL
    cjcampbell, take99, kfh227 and 2 others like this.
    08-19-13 11:25 PM
    for the love of all things holy, please sell at a price above 19 per share... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. THOR IF YOU ARE READING THIS DAMN YOU DO IT! LOL
    Lol

take99 likes this.
    08-19-13 11:33 PM
    The difference in Android ports from 10.1 to 10.2 is pretty remarkable.

Everything from side loads to BlackBerry World Kobo, Skype and the new Ebay update are multiples smoother and usable.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe, bigbadben10 and sidhuk like this.
    08-19-13 11:37 PM
    Today we�re pleased to announce some exciting news for our enterprise customers: effective August 19, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 EMM Corporate Annual Client Access Licenses (CALs) will now be $19 MSRP a year, or less than $1.60 per month per device.
    I wonder what competitors are charging if it is $19 too then at least the company is not competing on price.
    08-19-13 11:50 PM
    I guess we now know how many of those 20,000 downloads turned into paying customers?

Things were getting a little tense in the Armchair CEOs forum so I've tried to lighten the mood a little - if you get a chance, pop across and vote:

http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...mchair-841090/
    Last edited by cgk; 08-20-13 at 02:01 AM. Reason: add link
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-20-13 01:45 AM
    Seems the maps update is crashing for anyone lower than the 10.1 MR.

A.k.a anyone in the US. ....

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:33 AM
    Is this a permanent price reduction or a limited time offer?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:21 AM
    I don't think BB has any choice but to get very competitive with ALL their pricing just now. Get the products/services in as many hands as possible.
    08-20-13 05:04 AM

Works great on 10.2, just doesn't give the charging message in the app when the phone is being charged.
    peter9477 likes this.
    08-20-13 05:22 AM
    Is this a permanent price reduction or a limited time offer?

Posted via CB10
    Seems like a limited time offer to me.
    08-20-13 05:23 AM
    Seems like a limited time offer to me.
    Why do you say that? Nothing about their PR material suggests it is anything but a permanent price-cut, if it was time limited generally there is an indication of the time frame to get people to make a move before the offer expires...
    Bugmapper and silversun10 like this.
    08-20-13 05:28 AM
    Premarket up 2% .... with 100 shares traded. LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:44 AM
113,256 ... 17521753175417551756 ...