View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Glad someone came in and is buying. Nice run up!
    bkupris likes this.
    08-19-13 09:59 AM
    What - 9 posts and being short BBRY doesn't impress you???
    Add to it -

DOB- 13th August 2013

08-19-13 10:00 AM
    I thought the market (and us) had already factored in the idea that BB10 sales have died on their arse - nothing new in that Misek report (well for me at least).
    leafs123, Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-19-13 10:02 AM
    Hi everyone, hope you had a nice weekend. Not like what I am not hearing about BB, so with that going to try shorting BB today, afterall we are hear to make money, right? Right.
    Ouch. Sucks to be you today. Guess you're not making any money today.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and Robert Halloran like this.
    08-19-13 10:05 AM
    OK guys. Let's trust the pros and let them handle reincarnation or such matters (necessary has been done). Let's focus on BBRY and leave the rest alone please. Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-19-13 at 10:21 AM.
    Robert Halloran and rarsen like this.
    08-19-13 10:09 AM
    Close over 10.86 would give us a bullish engulfing candle.... (must be some koolaide in my coffee this morning)
    08-19-13 10:13 AM
    Close over 10.86 would give us a bullish engulfing candle.... (must be some koolaide in my coffee this morning)
    IMHO sales numbers are not catalyst of anything right now. We have to get some feedback from the committee. Until then, stock will behave erratically.
    Yet, not a bad score, going back to green or close to break even ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000894.png

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-19-13 10:16 AM
    IMHO sales numbers are not catalyst of anything right now. We have to get some feedback from the committee. Until then, stock will behave erratically.
    Yet, not a bad score, going back to green or close to break even ?
    Posted via CB10
    Yup, nothing left for analysts to "analyse" at these sales levels. A 10% drop means nothing (as does a 10% increase). Contracts, licensing agreements, partnerships, buyouts and privatization are the only things that will move the stock now.
    08-19-13 10:20 AM
    We bounced nicely here.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    08-19-13 10:21 AM
    Reading : http://seekingalpha.com/article/1643...ticle_readmore

In dollar terms that comes out to $10.8 billion or about $21 a share. However please note this does not include anything for the business, the ecosystem or any additional value that one might put on BlackBerry.
    Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, Bilaal, Korepab and 5 others like this.
    08-19-13 10:26 AM
    We're fighting - I like it.
    08-19-13 10:38 AM
    We're fighting - I like it.
    Yep like a bull...

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    rarsen likes this.
    08-19-13 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Sales Boosted 40% in India by Trade-In Program http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z10-sales...trade-program/

Posted via CB10
    Finally some good news....

08-19-13 11:30 AM
    Finally some good news....

I posted a similar article last month... its not that new... However it is good news.
    08-19-13 11:33 AM
    $10.8Billion is what he came up with, but he said that the offer was only for $8Billion or $15 a share. But said they raised $1B and were short $5B, were they some how going to use the cash on hand to make up the difference, or were they only really offering $6 Billion which would be close to where we are today.

But the key is
    Also, the plan assumes a $1 billion loss to fix the hardware business (devices). I think I will disagree with this, since BlackBerry has successfully deployed BB10 and several devices already, without the need to spend much money. Yes the company is still selling old devices, but we knew from the start that the transition period would last about 18-24 months.
    Big difference in deployed and successfully deployed.
    And unless there is a BIG surprise in the Q2 results, the value of the hardware business and the losses to fix it (can it be fixed by BBRY?) are a HUGE unknown.

I think I will also add about $1 billion more to the assets for the patents, since I think $2.75 is probably at the low end. While we don't know what these patents are really worth unless they are sold, nevertheless I do not share the opinion they should be valued this low.
    Again he just add a billion dollars to what the offer for the patents was... What someone will pay for the patents alone, and what they will pay for them as part of a company in trouble are two different things. And the fact is NO ONE really knows what they are worth! The best indicator would be to see what revenues are being brought in by these patents, because some of those patents aren't worth the money it cost to file for them.

In my book BBRY is NOT worth what it was in 2012. In 2012 there was a lot of potential - BB10 was the future and it was GOING to bring BB back.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-19-13 11:39 AM
    Crackberry thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-apple-840916/

Original link
    TRA Q2 Report Provides Unique Data on Current UAE Mobile Industry - Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA)

In May, The UAE had 14,619,505 mobile phone subscriptions. (Which is about 180% of the population!!!)
    08-19-13 01:08 PM
    $10.8Billion is what he came up with, but he said that the offer was only for $8Billion or $15 a share. But said they raised $1B and were short $5B, were they some how going to use the cash on hand to make up the difference, or were they only really offering $6 Billion which would be close to where we are today.
    No, they needed $6 billion just to get the process started (just to approach the board).

But the key is
    Big difference in deployed and successfully deployed.
    And unless there is a BIG surprise in the Q2 results, the value of the hardware business and the losses to fix it (can it be fixed by BBRY?) are a HUGE unknown.
    You can't deploy anything until it is developed first. So having something developed is worth more than just having a plan to develop it, I would think.

Again he just add a billion dollars to what the offer for the patents was... What someone will pay for the patents alone, and what they will pay for them as part of a company in trouble are two different things. And the fact is NO ONE really knows what they are worth! The best indicator would be to see what revenues are being brought in by these patents, because some of those patents aren't worth the money it cost to file for them.
    Sure, but what value would you assign to them?
    I hold a couple patents that are generating zero dollars, but didn't sell them when offered $300K each.

In my book BBRY is NOT worth what it was in 2012. In 2012 there was a lot of potential - BB10 was the future and it was GOING to bring BB back.
    So you're saying that the value of a company in the stage of planing a new product would worth less after it had developed the product?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-19-13 01:13 PM
    If the new product was completely dead and has cost much more than the r and d to bring it to market. Then yes.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 01:16 PM
    If the new product was completely dead and has cost much more than the r and d to bring it to market. Then yes.

Posted via CB10
    Does that apply to any BB product at the moment?
    08-19-13 01:18 PM
    I really think cross platform bbm downloads will be big and cause a price pop hopefully before the september er. As well, any partnership or buyout rumour can cause an immediate 20 point gain, so at this point I would say wait is the name of the game.
    I hope you are correct, but it will be HeAvILy weighed against devices sold!
    08-19-13 01:44 PM
    Lol I must be crack-ddicted or something.
    This is my view right now.
    Just waiting for low tide and swell comeback....
    Attachment 193646

Posted via CB10
    South France?
    08-19-13 01:46 PM
    Somehow I've managed to convince enough managers at work that I need a much-needed vacation and therefore I am planning a Europe trip for the early spring (6 weeks). You have now convinced me to come to France! Paris, Nice, and perhaps Bidart! Absolutely beautiful, Superfly_FR!
    Don't forget your wallet!
    08-19-13 01:48 PM
    My best wishes, M8.
    Let's hope that this time will take care of the problem for good. Take care.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, thanks again for the advice. I am getting used to the lingo.

PS, don't let them tie on those Bollinger bands too tight, eh? This happened to me over the weekend.... No Bueno!
    08-19-13 01:55 PM
    Don't take this at face value as I cannot find anything on the web to back it up but I've heard from someone somewhat close to BB that there has been another round of layoffs today in the area of 700 people. Again, I cannot confirm at this time but just relaying something I've heard.
    08-19-13 02:04 PM
    Don't take this at face value as I cannot find anything on the web to back it up but I've heard from someone somewhat close to BB that there has been another round of layoffs today in the area of 700 people. Again, I cannot confirm at this time but just relaying something I've heard.
    Any clue as to the departments?
    08-19-13 02:14 PM
113,251 ... 17491750175117521753 ...