View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    M+8 best wishes and here's to a speedy recovery. We'll do our best to keep a watch on BBRY for you!
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-19-13 01:25 AM
    Hope all goes well M+8. See you on the board soon!
    08-19-13 02:21 AM
    Morgan, you're a soldier! I have full confidence that you'll make a quick recovery. I wish you all the best, sir.
    08-19-13 04:14 AM
    That's in the South West of France. The place is called "Bidart" (near Biarritz) and is well known for the waves.
    Kinda Surfers' paradise if you ask me
    In September, probably the greatest place I wanna be ... compares to U.S West Coast.
    https://maps.google.fr/maps?oe=utf-8...&ved=0CL4BELYD
    We waitied over two hours to get into the Blue Cargo . . worth every minute for the food and view!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-19-13 at 07:04 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-19-13 05:14 AM
    M+8 best wishes and quick recovery.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and angieberry10 like this.
    08-19-13 05:40 AM
    Misek:

"BlackBerry Ltd. will be in the spotlight again after Jefferies today said the company cut its build plans for BlackBerry 10 handsets by at least another 10 per cent a month. It dropped its price target to $15 (U.S.) from $18, saying it sees significant risks to consensus estimates over the next couple quarters."

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 06:47 AM
    Will be an interesting day....

Peter Misek reduced the price target from 18 to 15.
    Still maintains a Buy rating.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst...t/8614093.html
    08-19-13 06:50 AM
    Misek:

"BlackBerry Ltd. will be in the spotlight again after Jefferies today said the company cut its build plans for BlackBerry 10 handsets by at least another 10 per cent a month. It dropped its price target to $15 (U.S.) from $18, saying it sees significant risks to consensus estimates over the next couple quarters."

Posted via CB10
    Not good at all seeing how they just released the Q5. I'm thinking the for sale sign is now impacting sales as expected.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:23 AM
    Not good at all seeing how they just released the Q5. I'm thinking the for sale sign is now impacting sales as expected.

Posted via CB10
    It is still in line with what Misek has been saying about hardware. If and when the exit from the hardware race does occur, we'll see more reports like these.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    08-19-13 07:27 AM
    I don't understand misek, on the one hand he states that the handset business is considered zero for his valuation.

So handset sales reduce and he reduces the valuation.

Anyone else able to explain how this works?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:07 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) Numbers Cut Again at Jefferies; Potential LBO Keeps 'Buy' Intact

Jefferies analyst Peter Misek cut estimates and his price target on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) Monday from $18 to $15 after build plans were cut again.

Build plans cut a month ago from 2M+/month to 1M have been cut by at least another 10%, according to the firm's checks.

Misek sees significant risk to consensus the next couple quarters and cut estimates further below the Street. That said, the 'Buy' rating is being maintained as the market will largely look through it due to the potential for an LBO/acquisition.

The firm notes weak August quarter sell-through. "We believe the build plan cut indicates sell-through is tracking well below St's $3.1B revenue estimate," Misek said. "Our Canada store checks indicate the Q5 launch is off to a slow start and Q10 prices have started to get cut. We trim our handset shipment est from 5.5M to 5.0M (BB10 from 2.5M to 2.0M) and our rev est from $2.6B to $2.3B as high-end handset demand is weak."

One bright spot, Misek notes, is pent up enterprise demand, which should start in September cut could be pushed out. "We think there is pent up enterprise demand for BB10 handsets with the main attraction being an improved web browsing experience. We expect a pick-up in H2 following summer corporate trials of the simplified BES10.1, the BYOD MDM solution, and the Q10/Q5, but we note that the LBO/acquisition headlines will cause enterprises to delay purchases until they have greater clarity on BBRY's future as a company."

Misek believes the MDM opportunity is still attractive but increasingly difficult to get there. "The same factors that will likely delay the BB10 enterprise refresh likely will elongate the sales cycle for BBRY's MDM solution and lead to BBRY ceding share to competitors. We initiate belowSt FY15 estimates of $9.7B vs. St $10.8B, update our scenario analysis, and cut our target to $15 (from $18) due to increased near-term risk creating longer-term issues for the MDM opportunity."

But as long as the focus is on BlackBerry's strategic alternatives, weaker near-term
    fundamentals matter less, the analyst said. "We think the potential LBO/acquisition to continue to drive the stock in the near term. If missing near-term consensus estimates & the volatility caused by BBRY's strategic review does not reduce an acquirer's long-term view of BBRY's value, we think the stock can move higher from here. We see value in BBRY'S pieces, OS, distribution, MDM solution, BBM, real estate, etc."
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-19-13 08:08 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Sales Boosted 40% in India by Trade-In Program http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z10-sales...trade-program/

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and doctor gonzo like this.
    08-19-13 08:23 AM
    Cut for 2+ million a month to 1 million. Misek is a joke!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:28 AM
    I don't understand misek, on the one hand he states that the handset business is considered zero for his valuation.

So handset sales reduce and he reduces the valuation.

Anyone else able to explain how this works?

Posted via CB10
    The first effects a take over or buy out valuation model. The second has to do with EPS and operating profits or losses as a going concern and operating business. The are selling less handsets than expected, in his view, so he brings the earnings down which then brings his stock price valuation down.
    leafs123 likes this.
    08-19-13 08:29 AM
    Why is Misek a joke, he's been one of the more accurate of the so called analysts? I know this thread hated him when he was predicting bad things for RIM, then loved him when he was leading the charge pro-BBRY, I hope we don't turn on him again just because he is being more negative these days.
    08-19-13 08:32 AM
    Stops hit on the last bit of my BBRY position. it was a great ride from 9is up to 11. I'm flat and probably done trading this name. There are way too many exogenous factors at play daily for my liking. This message board is fun and I hope the remaining longs get out at a decent price.
    08-19-13 08:36 AM
    Why is Misek a joke, he's been one of the more accurate of the so called analysts? I know this thread hated him when he was predicting bad things for RIM, then loved him when he was leading the charge pro-BBRY, I hope we don't turn on him again just because he is being more negative these days.
    I find him oddly positive on BlackBerry considering how negative he was not so long ago. He's fairly bullish on the enterprise side of their business, not so much on the hardware

I still think the bottom line is this. This negative news is turning people away from what I think is the best OS on the market...it's unfortunate

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-19-13 08:38 AM
    With regards to Misek, the word 'gatekeeper' comes to mind....
    08-19-13 08:47 AM
    Back to high 9s, low 10s..
    08-19-13 08:49 AM
    I still think the bottom line is this. This negative news is turning people away from what I think is the best OS on the market...it's unfortunate
    I guess the best thing for BlackBerry is to take company private. This would remove them from day-to-day Wall St scrutiny and Wall St sponsored manipulations. Daily news stories predicting BlackBerry's imminent death will stop or at least significantly reduce.

This should allow them to a) execute their plan (whatever it is) and b) reassure their enterprise/carrier customers that BlackBerry is not going anywhere and it's safe to do business with them.
    08-19-13 09:02 AM
    I do believe we have a reincarnation....
    08-19-13 09:08 AM
    I do believe we have a reincarnation....
    Sorry? What are you alluding to?
    08-19-13 09:12 AM
    Somebody does not want the share to fall below 10
    kfh227 likes this.
    08-19-13 09:23 AM
    Sorry? What are you alluding to?
    Maybe I'm jaded and sensitive but reading the last few posts of a certain individual, I believe it is a reincarnation of a recently killed off individual.
    08-19-13 09:24 AM
    Maybe I'm jaded and sensitive but reading the last few posts of a certain individual, I believe it is a reincarnation of a recently killed off individual.
    What - 9 posts and being short BBRY doesn't impress you???
    08-19-13 09:55 AM
113,256 ... 17481749175017511752 ...