View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just tried the Quick Stock app. This runs amazing on the Q. Only 99 cents as well.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000067.png

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    08-17-13 01:28 PM
    A Lot of you BlackBerry fans / investors don't know what it is like to be useless employees and then have BlackBerry lay you off. I'm so bitter that I will spend all my unemployed free time to point out and twist facts to my biased and distorted point of view. I am angry and bitter and I post on CB.

Posted via CB10
    shareholders feel your pain, BB used to trade in three digits, close to one digit now
    08-17-13 01:40 PM
    shareholders feel your pain, BB used to trade in three digits, close to one digit now
    I think he was just being sarcastic, and referring to the other posters here.
    08-17-13 01:49 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000466.jpg

Chores are done, wife says go get us a beer out of the fridge in the garage...look what I find, man I married well

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:51 PM
    Just imagine they sell off their hardware business + license BB10 to Lenovo in one press release. Wishful thinking I'm afraid :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000466.jpg 
Views:	813 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	193470

Chores are done, wife says go get us a beer out of the fridge in the garage...look what I find, man I married well

Posted via CB10
    Gotta love the variety.

I was out for a hot day of paintball, had a shower, enjoying a good sit with my beer, then off to a b-day bbq to get lambasted... should turn out well.
    08-17-13 02:40 PM
    Would like to point out some common (now deceased) trashing complaints about BB10:

1) E-mail sync doesn't work...yes it does.

2) archived messages only go back 30 days....nope, forever.

3) Camera sucks...wrong again, works wonderfully.

4) reboots constantly...mine, nor no one I know had this happen but let's say it was a real concern to a small percentage of buyers...have not heard a word in a few months so guess that's fixed.

5) No cloud service...yes, in fact multiple options are available.

6) battery life sucks...I am a power user and average 6.5 to 7 hours before swapping battery's...pretty respectable considering my 4s was 4.5 - 5 with no swapping option.

7) Maps can't find the Eifel Tower or Time Square....wrong...I use multiple times per day and use the BlackBerry Maps App exclusively...have grown fond of the format although I do want the option to change the narrators voice.

8) Calendar sync sucks with Outlook....FIXED, works flawlessly.

9) Reader doesn't work...what? It's fantastically efficient, best one out there.

10) Best virtual keyboard period....this little ditty was done on it and totally painless...do that on any other haha.

Point...I'm totally amazed at common perceptions of BB's new BB10 platform! I have had all the others, non are without problems and in my opinion this is the best all around smart device out there. Would more apps be nice, sure...but for a new platform to be this easy to use with the security and MDM solutions availible....well done BlackBerry!!

Point 2....stock will go up as more people discover this, that's why the smart money wants to buy at a discount.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:06 PM
    Gotta love the variety.

I was out for a hot day of paintball, had a shower, enjoying a good sit with my beer, then off to a b-day bbq to get lambasted... should turn out well.
    Awesome...have fun n play safe

I'm going to try another lol.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-17-13 03:07 PM
    Would like to point out some common (now deceased) trashing complaints about BB10:

4) reboots constantly...mine, nor no one I know had this happen but let's say it was a real concern to a small percentage of buyers...have not heard a word in a few months so guess that's fixed.

6) battery life sucks...I am a power user and average 6.5 to 7 hours before swapping battery's...pretty respectable considering my 4s was 4.5 - 5 with no swapping option.

7) Maps can't find the Eifel Tower or Time Square....wrong...I use multiple times per day and use the BlackBerry Maps App exclusively...have grown fond of the format although I do want the option to change the narrators voice.

9) Reader doesn't work...what? It's fantastically efficient, best one out there.

10) Best virtual keyboard period....this little ditty was done on it and totally painless...do that on any other haha.

Point...I'm totally amazed at common perceptions of BB's new BB10 platform! I have had all the others, non are without problems and in my opinion this is the best all around smart device out there. Would more apps be nice, sure...but for a new platform to be this easy to use with the security and MDM solutions availible....well done BlackBerry!!

Point 2....stock will go up as more people discover this, that's why the smart money wants to buy at a discount.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this great reminder! I think with 10.2 (fills the App gap) and some decent marketing BlackBerry will be just fine. Hopefully this For Sale business is nothing more than a head fake to shake out the shorts and return the stock price to a fair value. It seems to be more about managing the media's perception at this point rather than letting the product speak for itself. I think the z10 is awesome and will only get better over time.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:26 PM
    Anyone here that believes BES/Services/NOC is worth less than $6B+ need to get their head examined fast. It is the largest private and secure network in the world spanning 650 carriers in 120+ countries. BES10 is the only MDM platform accepted unequivocally by the US DOD. The media can write all the lies and useless trash they like. Perhaps they will one day believe their own lies. The fact is, they have no clue as to the value of the BlackBerry services business not to mention the patents / intangibles, etc. I'm amazed they still aren't referring to the company as Research in Motion. Nothing but sensationalist headlines for money!

Using precedent transaction analysis, and considering a sum-of-the-parts valuation, this stock is an absolute STEAL. Don't even get me started on BBM-X platform. I know we are all aware of the "fake" BBM app that was on the Google Play Store for a short period of time. But what you all might not be aware of is that I spoke to a colleage of mine yesterday and he has advised me that it received 200,000 downloads in 90 minutes. This was a fake BBM app, with no advertising and minimal word of mouth downloaded 200,000 times in 90 minutes. And yes, this is a very good source - as it good as it gets . Projecting those numbers between the Google Play store and the Apple Store, we can EASILY have 300 million BBM users by the end of the year. At that point, the services + BBM X-platform alone would be worth $30+ share.

/rant
    Last edited by fedakd; 08-17-13 at 04:27 PM.
    08-17-13 03:45 PM
    ^^^ Yes sir ^^^

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and Bilaal like this.
    08-17-13 03:50 PM
    some one asked the following question on another site and I thought I should put here for discussions.
    "Blackberry was selling 8 million phones a year when the iPhone started taking market share away. Now Blackberry sells about 30 million phones per year. Explain how going from 8 to 30 million units a year in sales, is a drop in business and not an increase? I await your brilliance."
    08-17-13 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    THIS should be a sticky!
    08-17-13 03:54 PM
    THIS should be a sticky!
    I got a sticky for ya...
    08-17-13 04:00 PM
    Right but where's the revenue?

Having said that, as a stock-holder it would be great as BBM takes off because I see the future as being a platform agnostic services company.

BTW - has everyone seen the "Armchair CEO" forum? LOL 8-)
    Ah, great point. I think what they want to do is build the installed base first, then monetize it through bbm money and channels. Whether they succeed or not is anyone's guess, but I do like the strategy of offering bbm for free to get the user count up and going. I think they are doing this because they realize they have been reduced to a niche handset maker at best for the moment and need other businesses to even out the revenue stream when the handsets arent doing particularly well. Just my 2c.
    08-17-13 04:03 PM
    Forgot to mention my feeling is bbm money will absolutely take off in the developing world.
    08-17-13 04:05 PM
    When is bbm coming to ios and android????
    08-17-13 04:10 PM
    When is bbm coming to ios and android????
    Few weeks is the word.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 04:12 PM
    I got a sticky for ya...
    LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stickyflytrap.jpg
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-17-13 04:18 PM
    LoL

Name:	stickyflytrap.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	193506
    I should hope not. lol
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    08-17-13 04:24 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-goose.jpg

Tonight's gonna be a goodnight! DJ'n for a friends wedding... it's goose huntin' time!
    08-17-13 04:47 PM

Name:	goose.jpg 
Views:	1225 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	193511

Tonight's gonna be a goodnight! DJ'n for a friends wedding... it's goose huntin' time!
    Hope that's a large wedding lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-17-13 04:49 PM
    some one asked the following question on another site and I thought I should put here for discussions.
    "Blackberry was selling 8 million phones a year when the iPhone started taking market share away. Now Blackberry sells about 30 million phones per year. Explain how going from 8 to 30 million units a year in sales, is a drop in business and not an increase? I await your brilliance."
    well that is simple of course; the market share has nose dived something like 90% in the US
    08-17-13 04:56 PM
    well that is simple of course; the market share has nose dived something like 90% in the US
    Simple reason for that as well...for every word of positive praise concerning anything BlackBerry there are 20 condemning the platform and or management...unjustified but effective.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, bungaboy, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    08-17-13 05:03 PM
    Apparently All Google Services Were Down Friday Night:

Internet Traffic Plunges By 40% As Google Goes Dark For Five Minutes

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/17/2013 16:25 -0400

Want to throw the world into sheer URL panic and outright informational chaos? Then just take out Google.

At least that is what a brief five minute outage of the world's favorite search engine on Friday night shows, when after all of Google's services were hit with unprecedented downtime from 3:52 pm until 3:57 pm Pacific Dauylight Time, some 40% of global internet traffic was lobbed off.

As the DailyNews reports, based on web analytics company GoSquared, there was a massive dip in internet traffic during the brief blackout as users struggled to find what it was they were looking for on the worldwide web.

Yet instead of other web-based search engines benefitting from GOOG's downtime (apparently nobody has heard of Yahoo, despite its attractive CEO gracing the cover of Vogue and engaging in such other serious CEO activities), it was Twitter that saw the surge in traffic:

According to Topsy analytics, tweets per minute skyrocketed around the point that Google went black, from an average of 200 tweets per minute about Google to more than 1,000.

"For five freakin' minutes!" one Twitter user complained. Another wrote, "Google was down for five minutes� Is it a sign that the END OF THE WORLD has started?"

SkyNews has more:

The tech company said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes last night.

The reason for the outage is not yet known, and Google refused to provide any further information when contacted by Sky News Online.

"That�s huge," said GoSquared developer Simon Tabor. "As internet users, our reliance on Google.com being up is huge.

"It�s also of note that pageviews spiked shortly afterwards, as users managed to get to their destination."

A message on the Google Apps Dashboard showed all of its services were hit.

"We're aware of a problem with Gmail affecting a significant subset of users. The affected users are able to access Gmail, but are seeing error messages and/or other unexpected behaviour," it said.

A later message said: "Between 15:51 and 15:52 PDT, 50% to 70% of requests to Google received errors; service was mostly restored one minute later, and entirely restored after four minutes."

When contacted by Sky News, a spokesman for Google directed us to the dashboard message.

"We have no comment beyond this," he added.

This is not the first time GOOG has gone dark: the world's most valuable internet company went down in May 2009 which was later blamed on a massive server failure. Luckily, this time it was down for only 5 minutes. But what would have happened if it was longer, and does the world even have a contingency plansfor any such "just in time" delivery failure of the world's most valuable commodity: information?

The answer is no and we strongly urge everyone to read "Trade-Off": A Study In Global Systemic Collapse which lays out all the risks of our "just in time" society in plain language.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-17-13 05:48 PM
113,256 ... 17451746174717481749 ...