View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think La Emperor and Mr Blair clearly shows this is not the case, or do you really think there are not thousands of lurkers in this thread?
    I think La Emperor was joking and I don't think Mr Blair is on the thread. As for the lurkers, surely they've seen one of the myriad of posts you have made? It's time to hang up the tights and cape and move on. Maybe someone in the Nokia thread needs saving regarding Symbian market share and GSC?
    Last edited by take99; 08-16-13 at 05:22 PM.
    08-16-13 05:02 PM
    yeah, I mentioned that a page ago, however he must be a 'nobody' because nobody would be interested in buying Blackberry right

Quebec’s Caisse Would Consider BlackBerry Investment, CEO Says: Quebec
    08-16-13 05:06 PM
    +++++++

Meah! Yeah, you are probably right.

Shift gears back to Sony?
    Speaking of which . . . . .

Sony's surprise triumph over Samsung

BGR

August-15-13 7:43 PM GMT

Last year, Samsung�s solid sales performance with the Samsung Galaxy S III in Japan was a major milestone for the company. Samsung had managed to crack a major handset market that has traditionally been more hostile toward foreign brands than any other country. This year, the Japanese market has delivered a surprising reversal of fortune: The mega-carrier DoCoMo has just decided to drop Samsung from its winter promotional line-up after the Samsung Galaxy S4 missed its summer sales target by 30%. DoCoMo has chosen models from Sony, Sharp and Fujitsu for its winter marketing drive.

During the summer, Sony�s Experia A managed to sell 1.3 million units at DoCoMo, while the Galaxy S4 moved just 700,000 units. Even though the Japanese market is traditionally dominated by domestic brands, it had started to look in 2012 as though Samsung had finally cracked the market and was positioned to become a leading brand in Japan. According to Nikkei, a company executive stated last May that Samsung intends to overtake Apple to become the biggest smartphone brand in Japan. With Sony nearly doubling the Galaxy S4′s sales this summer at Japan�s largest carrier, that goal looks to be in serious jeopardy.
    take99, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    08-16-13 05:16 PM
    Fyi quick post - bb van and booth at toronto cne. Will post photo later. Cheers

Sent from my SGH-I747M using CB Forums mobile app
    08-16-13 05:22 PM
    just can't resist can he? it's become part of the fabric of the thread for better or worse.
    Like a VVillnot?
    sidhuk, Randeman, take99 and 1 others like this.
    08-16-13 05:26 PM
    Like a VVillnot?
    sidhuk, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-16-13 05:28 PM
    I think La Emperor was joking and I don't think Mr Blair is on the thread. As for the lurkers, surely they've seen one of the myriad of posts you have made? It's time to hang up the tights and cape and move on. Maybe someone in the Nokia thread needs saving regarding Symbian market share and GSC?
    Hey, dont mention it, and you will hardly know I am here.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-16-13 05:33 PM
    and why are you here again?

Hey, dont mention it, and you will hardly know I am here.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-16-13 05:36 PM
    Interesting times. Wouldn't a poorer balance sheet (at this time) increase the likelihood of going private?

Dell reports Q2 earnings, with profits falling 72 per cent ahead of potential buyout

Pocket-lint
    August-15-13 10:20 PM GMT

Longtime computer manufacturer Dell has produced some struggling Q2 earnings, ahead of a vote by the board to decide whether the company goes private or not.

Dell announced on Thursday a not-too-shabby $14.5 billion in revenue for the quarter (flat from the previous year), but the real trouble came in the profit sector. The company reported $204 million in net profit, down a whopping 72 per cent from the $732 million it reported in the year-ago quarter.

“In a challenging environment, we remain committed to our strategy and our customers, and we’re encouraged by increasing customer interest in our end-to-end solutions offerings and continued growth in our Enterprise Solutions, Services and Software businesses,” said Brian Gladden, Dell's CFO.

Revenue for the quarter was made up of $9.1 billion (down five per cent) for end user computing, $310 million with an "operating loss" for software, $2.1 billion (up two per cent) for services, and $3.3 billion (up eight per cent) for the enterprise sector of Dell. Operating profits in the end user computing unit fell 71 per cent.

Interestingly, Dell CEO and founder Michael Dell didn't provide any remarks for the earnings on Thursday. The set of earnings could have been the last for Dell as a publicly traded company, as it seeks to go private. Furthermore, Dell didn't provide an outlook for the current quarter, something typical with earnings reports.

Michael Dell - Dell Inc's largest shareholder - and private equity firm Silver Lake have agreed with a Dell Special Committee to purchase Dell Inc for $13.75 Per Share. Dell wants to take the company private in an effort to focus on enterprise, software, and services - putting less of a focus on the dying PC brand. Dell Inc's second-largest share holder Carl Icahn wants to nix the plan and restructure the public company, rather than go private. Things are still in the works.

Do you think Dell should stay public or go private?
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-16-13 05:38 PM
    Goin' Besrek?
    take99, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-16-13 05:45 PM
    Like thousands of other people I enjoy reading this very interesting thread, which gives a good view into a once-great company and community in transition.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-16-13 05:51 PM
    great, so like I said earlier, hang up your cape and tights and either lurk or try contribute something different for a change....

Like thousands of other people I enjoy reading this very interesting thread, which gives a good view into a once-great company and community in transition.
    08-16-13 06:02 PM
    according to GSC, millions of people are enjoying this thread....
    08-16-13 06:03 PM
    according to GSC, millions of people are enjoying this thread....
    Speaking of GSC....

Another interesting data point from gstatcounter is a parallel increase in browser activity from BlackBerry devices in the US. In lock step with the BlackBerry mobile OS increase is an increase in BlackBerry browser activity. They have both gone from approximately 1% in March to over 4% for the browser and 5% for the OS in August.

Two data sets is better than one. And they seem to validate each other.
    sidhuk, take99, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    08-16-13 06:07 PM
    Goin' Besrek?
    Ha ha, almost spilled my drink
    like a Chinook?
    08-16-13 06:09 PM
    will he or won't he........

Speaking of GSC....

Another interesting data point from gstatcounter is a parallel increase in browser activity from BlackBerry devices in the US. In lock step with the BlackBerry mobile OS increase is an increase in BlackBerry browser activity. They have both gone from approximately 1% in March to over 4% for the browser and 5% for the OS in August.

Two data sets is better than one. And they seem to validate each other.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    08-16-13 06:12 PM
    more like boeking crazy

Goin' Besrek?
    08-16-13 06:15 PM
    will he or won't he........
    haha we are laughing here so hard. cheers
    take99, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-16-13 06:15 PM
    still at work, so no cheers yet, quitting time in 3,2,1 ....

haha we are laughing here so hard. cheers
    Randeman, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-16-13 06:19 PM
    In case you hadn't already realised, you don't need to go to these lengths anymore.
    'gym' is an invitational baitword (keyword) too.

sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 06:23 PM
    Don't know if this is posted but yet another Canadian pension is expressing their willingness to investing in taking BlackBerry private. Without a doubt if the Americans don't negotiate in good faith and or make a fair offer Canadian pension plans with take BlackBerry private.

http://stks.co/qP9G

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:24 PM
    Mods, is open baiting, name calling, and mockery of other forum members kosher now?
    08-16-13 06:55 PM
    Mods, is open baiting, name calling, and mockery of other forum members kosher now?
    Like I have to feel guilty by looking or mentioning statcounter? Because some one has no other contribution to this thread other than bad mouthing statcounter numbers? Only if it works in favor of blackberry? If it works in favor of other s then he is fine?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-imageuploadedbycb-forums1376698713.189275.jpg
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    08-16-13 07:18 PM
    If you have a problem with a post use the report button. Otherwise it seems you would be 'baiting' other members, you don't want to do that right?
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-16-13 07:28 PM
    If you have a problem with a post use the report button. Otherwise it seems you would be 'baiting' other members, you don't want to do that right?
    With a name like he/she/it uses . . . . . . and he/she/it complains about baiting. LMFAO!!!!
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-16-13 07:33 PM
113,256 ... 17431744174517461747 ...