1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Mr. Blair has been pretty wrong so far with most of his takes on BBRY on SA

Randeman likes this.
    08-16-13 03:49 PM
    I too would wish I'm as knowledgeable and experiences as M8, YF, JL and others. I been shifting some of my Telecom shares from TELUS to BB as I think the up side and potential of return is greater. I had to commit more funds back to BB but like wise I do not have balls of steel to borrow and invest. GL.
    The only good thing about using margin now is that it is cheap and should be for the foreseeable future. Of course, the plan is not to use it for long, but, you know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:50 PM
    and in 3, 2, 1.......wii figurine enter
    08-16-13 03:51 PM
    there were no upgrades by these two leading up to the er, there were downgrades by both
    Goldman didn't upgrade, but as of June 26th they had it neutral with a target of $17 which was 20%+ higher than it's current price.

BlackBerry (BBRY) Straddle Priced Too Cheaply Into Q1 Results, Goldman Says
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-16-13 03:51 PM
    Hahaha, Yes!
    here is from the author.
    "I am going to buy a few thousands calls on BlackBerry in the high teens and low $20s with expiry towards the end of the year and into next year. More than likely I will be throwing good money after bad, but my instincts are occasionally right and I would rather hold the calls and be wrong than eschew them and find the stock at $30 in a takeover bid.

I am long BBRY calls and will add to the holding"
    dusdal, Randeman, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    08-16-13 03:54 PM
    Hahaha, Yes!
    I guess some of those Fortune 500 companies are now receiving their BB10s and finally lighting up the gs counter uh oh .... didn't we see some Amex related comments a few days ago...have a good weekend folks.
    dusdal, take99, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    08-16-13 03:55 PM
    Today is the tenth day of uptrend. 29 million in volume, and it closed at $10.52. The SP created a new low of $10.40. We could ask ourselves, how can this still be an uptrend? The SP went down for almost 4 straight days. Friday, Monday, and most of Tuesday were news driven. And then we have the sell off in the last 1 - 2 hours of Monday. I still think that this is an uptrend based on the action this week that suggests a falling wedge, and not going below $10.44 to close this week.

Bullish interpretation:
    Although the SP hit $10.40; the rest of the today action is around $10.50. I think, there is accumulation going on. We have a falling wedge (pink lines on the 30 minute chart) with declining volume. This is, usually, a bullish continuation pattern. We may see a hammer, doji, or inverted hammer as a reversal signal next week. Or if we have a good news, then a break out higher than $12.19. Indicators on the weekly chart are still bullish fortunately, especially MACD that crossed the 20 mark at 23. RSI only the daily chart is not overbought.

Bearish interpretation:
    MACD and Stoch. RSI are at peak, and will cycle down. Blackberry needs to act fast with an update on the buy out or partnership news, before the market perception weakens, and let the SP tank.

--
    Hi Morgan; what are your thoughts on the SP so far?

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-16-4.28.48-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-16-4.29.54-pm.jpg

Weekly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-16-4.30.41-pm.jpg
    08-16-13 04:01 PM
    right, but at one point earlier they had it as a buy, then after the er before, they downgraded to neutral, right when it appears they were buying the stock.

Goldman didn't upgrade, but as of June 26th they had it neutral with a target of $17 which was 20%+ higher than it's current price.

BlackBerry (BBRY) Straddle Priced Too Cheaply Into Q1 Results, Goldman Says
    Randeman, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 04:15 PM
    Which just goes to prove that there is very little difference between Seeking Alpha and a blog post.
    08-16-13 04:23 PM
    Ahhh. Margaritas on the lower deck at the cottage, good friends, conversation and stealing time on my Z10 to check out my favourite thread. Could life get ant better?
    Yes! BlackBerry shares could be at 20 of course!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000482.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 04:23 PM
    Hahaha, Yes!
    Oh you didn't just do that did you :/

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    dusdal, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 04:25 PM
    just can't resist can he? it's become part of the fabric of the thread for better or worse.
    dusdal, sidhuk, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    08-16-13 04:28 PM
    just can't resist can he? it's become part of the fabric of the thread for better or worse.
    lol... yup... right on cue
    take99, sidhuk, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    08-16-13 04:30 PM
    from another thread: again, I repeat, there is 'no interest' from anyone looking to buy out blackberry

Business: Washington Post Business Page, Business News

The CEO of Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec, Canada’s second-largest pension-fund manager, said today he’d consider investing in BlackBerry, though he knows of no deal in the works.

“We’d be open to looking at it,” Michael Sabia told analysts on a conference call today. “Our judgment of it would depend on what the specific conditions were -- the returns, the structure of the deal.”

Pension Interest?

Sabia’s comments echo those made by other pension funds, including the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, which last week said it would consider investing in BlackBerry if the opportunity arose. Caisse de Depot oversaw assets worth about C$185.9 billion ($180 billion) as of June 30.

“Whether we do it or not, I can’t tell you,” Sabia said. “I have no idea because that’s not something that’s on the table as we speak.”
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    08-16-13 04:31 PM
    I guess some of those Fortune 500 companies are now receiving their BB10s and finally lighting up the gs counter uh oh .... didn't we see some Amex related comments a few days ago...have a good weekend folks.
    A large proportion of page views from BlackBerry devices are routed through BlackBerry network gateways spread over a limited number of IP
    addresses.

On 16 June 2013, we deployed an update to our third-party geolocation database and in this update the geolocation information for a large number
    of BlackBerry proxy IP addresses was updated from the Asia-Pacific region to Canada. This resulted in a drop in BlackBerry page views in our Asia-
    Pacific sample and an increase in our Canada sample. This then gave rise to the sharp increase in BlackBerry usage from Canadian IP addresses
    apparent on our graphs.

BlackBerry OS - 27.81% - 16 June 2013

A large proportion of page views from BlackBerry devices are routed through BlackBerry network gateways spread over a limited number of IP
    addresses.

On 9 July 2013, we deployed an update to our third-party geolocation database and in this update the geolocation information for a large number of
    BlackBerry proxy IP addresses was updated from Canada to the US. This resulted in a drop in BlackBerry page views in our Canada sample and an
    increase in our US sample. The resulting fall in BlackBerry usage from Canadian IP addresses on 9 July can be matched with an increase in BlackBerry
    usage from US IP addresses on the same date.

Note that in June 2013, our sample size of page views was approximately 4 billion in the US. In Canada the sample was approximately 500 million
    for the same period. This difference in sample sizes accounts for the larger impact this geolocation change had on our graphs for Canada compared
    to our US graphs.

BlackBerrv OS - 23.23% - 9 Julv 2013
    08-16-13 04:31 PM
    right, but at one point earlier they had it as a buy, then after the er before, they downgraded to neutral, right when it appears they were buying the stock.
    Perhaps.

All we really know is that they net increased their position between 3/30 and 6/30.

It's a pittance of a position for them and they may have bought it just prior to ER when they reported the potential upside leading into earnings?

My point being that I can't see grounds for calling foul play.
    08-16-13 04:32 PM
    Well, we dont want people to lose money because they actually believe these idiotic articles, do we?
    08-16-13 04:32 PM
    reminds me of this.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 04:38 PM
    addresses.

On 16 June 2013, we deployed an update to our third-party geolocation database and in this update the geolocation information for a large number
    of BlackBerry proxy IP addresses was updated from the Asia-Pacific region to Canada. This resulted in a drop in BlackBerry page views in our Asia-
    Pacific sample and an increase in our Canada sample. This then gave rise to the sharp increase in BlackBerry usage from Canadian IP addresses
    apparent on our graphs.

BlackBerry OS - 27.81% - 16 June 2013

addresses.

On 9 July 2013, we deployed an update to our third-party geolocation database and in this update the geolocation information for a large number of
    BlackBerry proxy IP addresses was updated from Canada to the US. This resulted in a drop in BlackBerry page views in our Canada sample and an
    increase in our US sample. The resulting fall in BlackBerry usage from Canadian IP addresses on 9 July can be matched with an increase in BlackBerry
    usage from US IP addresses on the same date.

Note that in June 2013, our sample size of page views was approximately 4 billion in the US. In Canada the sample was approximately 500 million
    for the same period. This difference in sample sizes accounts for the larger impact this geolocation change had on our graphs for Canada compared
    to our US graphs.

BlackBerrv OS - 23.23% - 9 Julv 2013
    ok..ok...you got me...made a comment on something i dont know anyhting about...yikes... thanks for your detailed explanation.
    sidhuk, take99, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    08-16-13 04:40 PM
    ok..ok...you got me...made a comment on something i dont know anyhting about...yikes... thanks for your detailed explanation.
    LoL, now you know it is shikaka, not Chicago.
    By the way, either way there is an increase in total numbers.
    La Emperor, dusdal, take99 and 4 others like this.
    08-16-13 04:43 PM
    I think we all have got the point, kinda like beating a dead horse now don't you think?

Well, we dont want people to lose money because they actually believe these idiotic articles, do we?
    08-16-13 04:48 PM
    LoL, now you know it is shikaka, not Chicago.
    By the way, either way there is an increase in total numbers.
    having a good laughter here...time to get ready for the weekend.
    sidhuk, koolrosh, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    08-16-13 04:53 PM
    I think we all have got the point, kinda like beating a dead horse now don't you think?
    I think La Emperor and Mr Blair clearly shows this is not the case, or do you really think there are not thousands of lurkers in this thread?
    BergerKing and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-16-13 04:53 PM
    having a good laughter here...time to get ready for the weekend.
    Life is short. IMO enjoy every millisecond of it if you can. win or loose, look forward to the next second. half a glass full. have a great weekend every one.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jack-daniels-1l-435889.jpgcheers
    08-16-13 04:59 PM
    Quebec’s Caisse Would Consider BlackBerry Investment, CEO Says: Quebec
    take99, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 3 others like this.
    08-16-13 05:02 PM
113,250 ... 17421743174417451746 ...