View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For me speculation is to face the facts and making a personal conclusion. When I just bet I don't make an effort.
    OK, i get it now. It is just i believe that regardless of whether you make an effort or not there is at least an element of speculation, since you can simply never know everything that is going on. so, in fact i don't believe in investing ever, to me it always is speculation. and as a result you always have to take measures accordingly, measures to mitigate any risk.
    Chris2J and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 02:19 PM
    08-16-13 02:36 PM
    and three banks added.

BANK OF AMERICA 4,467,326
    BANK OF MONTREAL 6,348,799
    MORGAN STANLEY 4,019,471

From one hand to the other.
    08-16-13 02:42 PM
    It seems to me that a few big banks (American and Canadian) either maintained or added significantly to their position as of june 30 according to the Nasdaq site. Why would they do this when on more than half of them their analysts are screaming to sell? Do they know something we don't? I would tend to think so.
    08-16-13 02:45 PM
    goldman sachs as well - 2.7 million

citigroup - 2 mill - Jim Suva has been a huge bear

and three banks added.

BANK OF AMERICA 4,467,326
    BANK OF MONTREAL 6,348,799
    MORGAN STANLEY 4,019,471

From one hand to the other.
    08-16-13 02:46 PM
    It seems to me that a few big banks (American and Canadian) either maintained or added significantly to their position as of june 30 according to the Nasdaq site. Why would they do this when on more than half of them their analysts are screaming to sell? Do they know something we don't? I would tend to think so.
    They are probably paying these analysts to bash the SP a bit more.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 02:49 PM
    so if 'nobody wants blackberry' why are the banks investing? Wouldn't these banks know which of their big clients may be interested in financing a buyout? I guess they could be wrong, but this just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me at the moment.
    08-16-13 02:53 PM
    Whatever...enjoy the weekend, I unfortunately have got to learn

Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 02:59 PM
    so if 'nobody wants blackberry' why are the banks investing? Wouldn't these banks know which of their big clients may be interested in financing a buyout? I guess they could be wrong, but this just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me at the moment.
    With the fact that it's public knowledge, you'd think they wouldn't be advising a hard sell with a super low price target all the while buying more for themselves.
    take99 likes this.
    08-16-13 03:00 PM
    With the fact that it's public knowledge, you'd think they wouldn't be advising a hard sell with a super low price target all the while buying more for themselves.
    Or maybe they have been reading Morgan's posts jumped on!
    08-16-13 03:02 PM
    because most people don't go digging for the info, and they can get away with it by having rules about their investment arm being at arms length from the analysts, meanwhile we all know what happens at the bar after work.....I think there was a high profile case a year or two ago where they (I think it may have been Goldman Sachs) were caught doing this very thing.

08-16-13 03:13 PM
    One thing I've learned is that holding extra cash is a good thing... I knew this going in but got greedy... Can't add any.
    Yup, lesson learned on my part. From now on I'll keep 80-90% invested and 10-20% to take advantage of opportunities. 97% invested is too much.
    08-16-13 03:17 PM
    Not panasonic please ... they are in trouble

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    +++++++

Meah! Yeah, you are probably right.

Shift gears back to Sony?
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 03:18 PM
    Yup, lesson learned on my part. From now on I'll keep 80-90% invested and 10-20% to take advantage of opportunities. 97% invested is too much.
    Unless you discover the wonderful world of margin. And you can be 150% invested, like me.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:25 PM
    Unless you discover the wonderful world of margin. And you can be 150% invested, like me.

Posted via CB10
    Best of luck to you, but I prefer to have both feet on the ground. I couldn't sleep at night having borrowed money to invest... especially at my skill/knowledge level. If I were as knowledgeable / experienced as M+8, Y-F and a few others I would consider it, but for a relative novice like me... no way.
    08-16-13 03:28 PM
    Wall Street is looking after Wall Street
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    08-16-13 03:28 PM
    You can almost guess some of the institutions were being approached for funds for a takeover. Yup, that Suva guy has been a major bear. I wonder how he feels now, seeing that the institution that employs him does not give weight on his analysis. I hope they point this out on CNBC the next time he talks there.

In the meantime media is having a field day on TH's compensation when a buyout occurs. I will reserve my judgement on that, but initially thought it was at par on the size of company he is running or turning around. I did not read any of the news after seeing the headline because I know it would be slanted and bias as usual. It's almost like shocking to them.

As a comparison I remember there was this ex Motorola guy, who was brought in Canada to run the former Canadian telecom jewel. He did run it, and well you know where to. The ground. The thing is despite all the miscues, he took home a very handsome compensation. TH has done a decent job despite his shortcomings ( dont think he's a good businessman, but rather a good technical hardware person ), in my opinion. And for that he should be getting something, whether he deserves the 50+ million, perhaps.

Anyway, we will soon find out I suppose.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    08-16-13 03:31 PM
    Is that a co-ed gym? Not that there is anything wrong if it is not...LOL
    LoL, yes it is unisex.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 03:33 PM
    goldman sachs as well - 2.7 million

citigroup - 2 mill - Jim Suva has been a huge bear
    It may be that these were buys going along with the upgrades that we saw leading up to ER.

The story may be very different between ER and now.
    08-16-13 03:43 PM
    Best of luck to you, but I prefer to have both feet on the ground. I couldn't sleep at night having borrowed money to invest... especially at my skill/knowledge level. If I were as knowledgeable / experienced as M+8, Y-F and a few others I would consider it, but for a relative novice like me... no way.
    I too would wish I'm as knowledgeable and experiences as M8, YF, JL and others. I been shifting some of my Telecom shares from TELUS to BB as I think the up side and potential of return is greater. I had to commit more funds back to BB but like wise I do not have balls of steel to borrow and invest. GL.
    08-16-13 03:43 PM
    08-16-13 03:45 PM
    Based off of what do you make this prediction. I am curious.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png

Those red gaps are going to fill, and several other indicators are turning bearing for the short term.

You could also in theory see 10 as support, but BBRY seems to run faster to the bear side than the bull
    08-16-13 03:46 PM
    That's what I was alluding to, Suva probably feels pretty good doing exactly what he is told to do.

You can almost guess some of the institutions were being approached for funds for a takeover. Yup, that Suva guy has been a major bear. I wonder how he feels now, seeing that the institution that employs him does not give weight on his analysis. I hope they point this out on CNBC the next time he talks there.

In the meantime media is having a field day on TH's compensation when a buyout occurs. I will reserve my judgement on that, but initially thought it was at par on the size of company he is running or turning around. I did not read any of the news after seeing the headline because I know it would be slanted and bias as usual. It's almost like shocking to them.

As a comparison I remember there was this ex Motorola guy, who was brought in Canada to run the former Canadian telecom jewel. He did run it, and well you know where to. The ground. The thing is despite all the miscues, he took home a very handsome compensation. TH has done a decent job despite his shortcomings ( dont think he's a good businessman, but rather a good technical hardware person ), in my opinion. And for that he should be getting something, whether he deserves the 50+ million, perhaps.

Anyway, we will soon find out I suppose.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 03:48 PM
    there were no upgrades by these two leading up to the er, there were downgrades by both

It may be that these were buys going along with the upgrades that we saw leading up to ER.

The story may be very different between ER and now.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 03:49 PM
    Hahaha, Yes!
    Randeman, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 03:49 PM
113,250 ... 17411742174317441745 ...