View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What if TH just takes the money and runs. We are talking $50,000,000.00
    He's currently being payed $7 million per year to be CEO. Seven years on the job ($49 million) plus a handsome bonus via stock options, if he turns this sucker around, and ba da boom....twice the payout. Maybe. If.

We have no idea of which he would prefer.
    08-16-13 12:06 PM
    After watching the interview and seeing BlackBerry announce they are open for anything gives me a sick feeling that shorts could wake up to financial ruin. I hope they cover before it's too late.
    That's the spirit, Mr FT. At least pretend to care about your fellow traders, instead of wishing them ill. Imagine if some-one came along and said they hoped the longs lost their houses?
    08-16-13 12:09 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    You mean like saying that the SP is headed to $ 4.60 ? ? ?

take99 likes this.
    08-16-13 12:15 PM
    Good Ceos are hard to come by..they need to be compensated when they are usually being recruited from another well paying position elseware. People always complain about this but this is what these people command. You can hire some fresh out of college whipper snapper, and bbry would be selling popcorn by now. Even as completely backwards some layperson like me might consider thor,i do understand that there are complications behind the scenes that I could never fathom.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 and take99 like this.
    08-16-13 12:17 PM
    Good Ceos are hard to come by..they need to be compensated when they are usually being recruited from another well paying position elseware. People always complain about this but this is what these people command. You can hire some fresh out of college whipper snapper, and bbry would be selling popcorn by now. Even as completely backwards some layperson like me might consider thor,i do understand that there are complications behind the scenes that I could never fathom.

Posted via CB10

I agree. The compensation is no more out of whack than movie stars or athletes. TH bothers me a little because he wasn't a rock star CEO when he was hired and the options were offered at such a low price and he can make a ton of money even if the company and us shareholders do not. In any event, he has incentive to get the stock price as high as possible to maximize his personal gains so our interests are mostly aligned.
    08-16-13 12:21 PM
    Agreed. I also think that they settled on thor because after all who wants to come to a company where they are struggling. I thought his annual salary was a bit low and assumed it was due to his lack of "rock star " status. The golden parachute was most likely the deal they had to make for the lower yearly salary.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-16-13 12:24 PM
    We will drop to 9.50 and then continue the rally. 9.50 is the low and the point of entry if you want in on BBRY
    Based off of what do you make this prediction. I am curious.

ALSO

BlackBerry Stock Is DEAD. Get Over It.

This article is too funny. The guy even mentions the Nexus 7 as a Motorola Product... These guys know absolutely nothing.

EDIT: lol @ comments

EDIT2: Relating to BB

08-16-13 12:35 PM
    There is no use to speculate about anything. The company has to deliver, no matter if good or bad.
    08-16-13 12:38 PM
    Really well said. Thank you
    Some people might think we (BBRY bulls) have our heads in the sand, but I tend to disagree with that.[/QUOTE]
    08-16-13 12:47 PM
    That's what they do. Tell all the sucker retail investors the opposite of what they are actually doing.
    ^^This^^ +1

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-16-13 12:49 PM
    Where did I read "get ready for the rollercoaster and stay calm" ?
    *scratching head* and
    08-16-13 01:23 PM
    Our PT is $14 and rating is SO-S. Assuming a takeover, BB's value is higher than our target. That value is ~$20, including $5.86 in cash, $4 in patents, $1.31 in real estate, and ~$10 in PV of services. We ascribe no value to hardware, brand or channel, all of which would be worth something.*

From cibc world markets....
    There is no use to speculate about anything. The company has to deliver, no matter if good or bad.
    sorry, but if you are going long or short on this stock, you have no choice but to speculate on the direction...hard to get around of that...
    Our PT is $14 and rating is SO-S. Assuming a takeover, BB's value is higher than our target. That value is ~$20, including $5.86 in cash, $4 in patents, $1.31 in real estate, and ~$10 in PV of services. We ascribe no value to hardware, brand or channel, all of which would be worth something.*

Fair enough, unless there's a battle between all of "those who won't pay a penny for BBRY"
    Then ...
    take99 and sidhuk like this.
    08-16-13 01:26 PM

rating: S.O.S.
    08-16-13 01:26 PM
    I really need to stop watching this stock hah!
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    08-16-13 01:38 PM
    I appreciate that no one quoted the image that should not have been posted. Not a good idea to do things like that, so let's be cool, OK? Thanks!
    08-16-13 01:39 PM
    It looks like another day of "buying opportunity"
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-16-13 at 02:08 PM.
    08-16-13 01:40 PM
    sorry, but if you are going long or short on this stock, you have no choice but to speculate on the direction...hard to get around of that...
    Yes, but everything is said. So you can only bet what will happen. All I can say is that we will face lows if they do not find a buyer/partner or whatever. I don't expect that, otherwise we count on the wrong company. ( my english isn't that good, but I hope the message arrives )
    08-16-13 01:43 PM
    It look like another day of "buying opportunity"
    It sure is. almost 26 millions shares sold so far. Somebody is buying them at a good price and taking advantage.
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    08-16-13 01:48 PM
    It sure is. almost 26 millions shares sold so far. Somebody is buying them at a good price and taking advantage.
    One thing I've learned is that holding extra cash is a good thing... I knew this going in but got greedy... Can't add any.
    Bugmapper, sidhuk, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    08-16-13 01:55 PM
    Yes, but everything is said. So you can only bet what will happen. All I can say is that we will face lows if they do not find a buyer/partner or whatever. I don't expect that, otherwise we count on the wrong company. ( my english isn't that good, but I hope the message arrives )
    you can only bet what will happen: isn't that speculation?
    08-16-13 02:00 PM
    For me speculation is to face the facts and making a personal conclusion. When I just bet I don't make an effort.
    bungaboy, silversun10 and bondary like this.
    08-16-13 02:07 PM
    One thing I've learned is that holding extra cash is a good thing... I knew this going in but got greedy... Can't add any.
    Yuppers. I am content where I am with my BB holdings at present. So I bought a bunch of ECA on Wednesday @$17.9, to bring down my average cost. It is $18.40 this afternoon, Take advantage of the buying opportunities when they present themselves.
    08-16-13 02:10 PM
    For me speculation is to face the facts and making a personal conclusion. When I just bet I don't make an effort.
    There are times when I wished I had rather bet than speculated. LoL
    08-16-13 02:16 PM
113,250 ... 17401741174217431744 ...