View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Fair enough. I thought it was fair and pretty balanced. I think the fact that he points to the 30-40% premium being priced in, got 90% of the facts correct and gave some decent analysis made it worth while, but I TOTALLY get it if some don't agree. He also says to be careful here and acknowledges BBRY strong cash position. It wasn't a slam piece, at least in my world view.
    OMGitworks!!

You should prove to those naysayers once and for all that you stand behind your conviction here and Buy those Nov $ 9.00 Puts for $ .60/shr.. That way you can post to the board with confidence that your trade on BBRY is backed up with sound reasoning and attention to all of the factors that make BlackBerry a short.

Let's see, you will breakeven at $ 8.40/shr, that price hasn't been seen in 10 months, but that's okay, you know it is going much further down from $ 8.40/shr so that's good. And, he promised it would so you can concentrate on buyout offers in the range of $ 8.40/shr or less.

Then there are some factors that aren't worth mentioning, because he didn't:

1) We haven't heard how BES10 is doing, the trial offer ends in September and the real business begins shortly after that.

2) We haven't heard if any Q10/Q5 phones have been sold because there is no data on that yet, maybe BlackBerry sold some?

3) X-BBM will go cross platform in the weeks ahead, causing buzz, not an issue when you are short so who cares!

4) Offers could be piling in at any time now, many suggest that at least $ 12 - $ 14 is the starting point here. So even though Prem would be losing $ 100's of millions if he didn't get it, we are fine here because this guy thinks Prem stepping down from the board is a sign of weakness or something.

5) The company has $ 6.00 in cash, therefore, they should be trading for cash. Simple logic there.

6) Over 350 million shares have just traded above $ 10.50/shr on average and all of these clowns should lose on those purchases because they aren't as smart as him.

7) This guy's claim to fame is "claiming" he said to short BBRY at $ 14.50/shr, we don't need to know anything more than that do we!! He is good indeed.

8) Let's stop at this one, the A30/Z30 is a garbage phone, even with BB 10.2 launching in a couple of weeks, and the prospects of BB 10.3 shortly there-after, the fact that DoD picked BlackBerry for everything government so far, the stock should trade below $ 8.40/shr by a handsome amount and you will make off like a bandit.

Go ahead, place the trade, show these guys that this article was worth following. They just don't get it do they?
    08-16-13 10:01 AM
    Sounds like questrade. I owned bbry shares back in the 7 range. The day before earnings back in 2012 fall/winter q trade encouraged me to sell. They did the same with other holdings in the past that ended up. But the few that I had losses on they never sent me bulletins. It's become a joke between me and my friend that when q trade try to freak you out,go all in.good thing I could care less what they say. They just want your shares cheap as they can buy them when u go to panic sell.

Posted via CB10
    If I didn't panic and sell on that 30% drop, what makes them think I'm gonna sell now. Yawn another sideway swing to add more and average down my positions. TGIF
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 10:08 AM
    OMGitworks!!
    Go ahead, place the trade, show these guys that this article was worth following. They just don't get it do they?
    LOL...
    That's the funniest post I seen from you. Didn't know that you are both informative and funny at the same time.
    08-16-13 10:10 AM
    Unless they have already accumulated as many shares as they want at these prices, and are waiting for price to drop again.
    To me if Blackberry has been up for sale for "years" if there are any buyers they are looking for a real bargain. This would not be good for the stockholders. Just the news that TH would make in the 50 million range should tell everyone that they need not expect TH to take care of the stockholders as we runs out the door. With the sale rumor our of the bag, the longer this goes without a buyer is not good news. Any buyers think that waiting, at this point, will only lower their price.
    08-16-13 10:19 AM
    To me if Blackberry has been up for sale for "years" if there are any buyers they are looking for a real bargain. This would not be good for the stockholders. Just the news that TH would make in the 50 million range should tell everyone that they need not expect TH to take care of the stockholders as we runs out the door. With the sale rumor our of the bag, the longer this goes without a buyer is not good news. Any buyers think that waiting, at this point, will only lower their price.
    I think maybe this is where my feeling of unease comes from. Big players accumulating at low prices, Thor with a golden (platinum?) parachute, and Prem pretty obviously putting a bid together to take BBRY private. The timing of all this is terrible from my point of view (but understandably perfect for them). Blackberry 10 products are just now starting to get accepted in enterprise environment, a bunch of great developments (X-BBM, BES10 deployment, Z30, BB10.2, back to school / Xmas sales) about to roll out and someone is going to vacuum up Blackberry and take all the profits away just as it starts to recover.
    08-16-13 10:33 AM
    Thanks M+8 for the advice, but as I've posted many tiems, I am long and I am already under water with my 500 shares at $15.00. You folks have such thin skin. Sorry to offer an opposing viewpoint that I thought wasn't the usual PacCrest BS.

I didn't say I believed it or that I was shorting only that I thought the guy had a well thought out short argument.

"I hesitate to post this, but this is a relatively well thought out short thesis. You may not agree, but it is a theory and I don't think it is totally off the wall. He acknowledges the risk and points out the strengths BBRY may have. YMMV...."

If you don't think BBRY has been "slow" or that their failure to release certain numbers worried the market, or that their market share is slipping, then I guess we won't ever be on the same page. Moving on....
    08-16-13 10:35 AM
    As usual, as BlackBerry dips, Apple rips. Just broke the 500. I wonder how long that will last.
    08-16-13 10:48 AM
    Thanks M+8 for the advice, but as I've posted many tiems, I am long and I am already under water with my 500 shares at $15.00. You folks have such thin skin. Sorry to offer an opposing viewpoint that I thought wasn't the usual PacCrest BS.

I didn't say I believed it or that I was shorting only that I thought the guy had a well thought out short argument.

"I hesitate to post this, but this is a relatively well thought out short thesis. You may not agree, but it is a theory and I don't think it is totally off the wall. He acknowledges the risk and points out the strengths BBRY may have. YMMV...."

If you don't think BBRY has been "slow" or that their failure to release certain numbers worried the market, or that their market share is slipping, then I guess we won't ever be on the same page. Moving on....
    The problem I have with this is simply ... you, aside from the article giving terrible advice here. It is such a bad article that plasmid_boy called you out on it by stating some great observations and errors. Yet, you decided to mock him, not engage him on his thoughts or comments, and continue to vaguely support the article!! What in that article is worth reading? In my opinion, it contains zero value but that isn't the issue here, you shouldn't mock others who are making a statement of their own.
    08-16-13 10:54 AM
    The problem I have with this is simply ... you, aside from the article giving terrible advice here. It is such a bad article that plasmid_boy called you out on it by stating some great observations and errors. Yet, you decided to mock him, not engage him on his thoughts or comments, and continue to vaguely support the article!! What in that article is worth reading? In my opinion, it contains zero value but that isn't the issue here, you shouldn't mock others who are making a statement of their own.
    I didn't mock him at all. I thought I was being conciliatory, if anything. I said fair enough, I TOTALLY understood. I am sorry if that didn't come across on the Internet, but I have never been disrespectful or rude here or anywhere else. Skeptical, yes, absolutely. I wish my words where taken as written with the intent they were written but I guess that is not to be. Arguing point by point over on a beautiful Friday seems counter-productive to me. I put it out there, I thought in a fair and respectful way but I guess it wasn't perceived that way.
    bungaboy, BBInPlay and morganplus8 like this.
    08-16-13 11:00 AM
    I'm not concerned that TH receives a healthy pay day "if" he is replaced. To me his best interests are to create wealth / value for the shareholders as his options and stock would easily out value that number. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    08-16-13 11:02 AM
    Hi Morgan,
    Just to let you know that I do appreciate what you bring to this thread and put your time and energy in to this. Thank you. and I must add that my appreciation has nothing to do if you are bull or short on blackberry. it is your work and effort and telling the way it is and then backing it up which does make sense to me.
    08-16-13 11:03 AM

Off do the Gym.
    Is that a co-ed gym? Not that there is anything wrong if it is not...LOL
    08-16-13 11:10 AM
    I didn't mock him at all. I thought I was being conciliatory, if anything. I said fair enough, I TOTALLY understood. I am sorry if that didn't come across on the Internet, but I have never been disrespectful or rude here or anywhere else. Skeptical, yes, absolutely. I wish my words where taken as written with the intent they were written but I guess that is not to be. Arguing point by point over on a beautiful Friday seems counter-productive to me. I put it out there, I thought in a fair and respectful way but I guess it wasn't perceived that way.
    I think I will agree with you here.
    To me, the post didn't come across as rude or disrespectful. And of course, I am sure that everyone here welcomes contrary views, as long as they are presented correctly.

Let's all have a nice Friday in here too!
    take99, cjcampbell, dusdal and 2 others like this.
    08-16-13 11:11 AM
    I think maybe this is where my feeling of unease comes from. Big players accumulating at low prices, Thor with a golden (platinum?) parachute, and Prem pretty obviously putting a bid together to take BBRY private. The timing of all this is terrible from my point of view (but understandably perfect for them). Blackberry 10 products are just now starting to get accepted in enterprise environment, a bunch of great developments (X-BBM, BES10 deployment, Z30, BB10.2, back to school / Xmas sales) about to roll out and someone is going to vacuum up Blackberry and take all the profits away just as it starts to recover.
    I have to agree but if a Chinese company like Lenovo buys Blackberry, I think it will GREATLY curtail the current and future BES10 prospects. Not that we got any secrets left to steal but I can not see the DoD running their email and messages through a Chinese owned platform. The Chinese/Lenovo are all well aware of this.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-16-13 11:14 AM
    I'm not concerned that TH receives a healthy pay day "if" he is replaced. To me his best interests are to create wealth / value for the shareholders as his options and stock would easily out value that number. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    What if TH just takes the money and runs. We are talking $50,000,000.00
    take99 and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-16-13 11:19 AM
    It's all good dude.
    I think that M8 was referring to your comment about "slam piece", "thin skin", etc that gave the false impression of you dismissing the opposing views as blindly defensive or 'filled with koolaid' if you will. But the fact is I constantly look out for solid bad news about BB. Love them as long as they are insightful, thoughtful, or informative. Some people might think we (BBRY bulls) have our heads in the sand, but I tend to disagree with that.
    08-16-13 11:25 AM
    Why do they pay CEOs this much.... I don't care who is running a company that is too much.

EDIT: Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are the type of people who are allowed to be like I want $100,000,000/yr and its reasonable because they created the whole damn thing so... But this is not acceptable in a company that is being restructured to survive and being run by a non-founder.
    Chris2J, Kid Vibe and m0de25 like this.
    08-16-13 11:43 AM
    that is how you get CEO's and so on to take the abuse that comes with the job. much easier to simply trade the stock and hide behind your computer screen.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-16-13 11:43 AM
    Can we get superfly to change his avatar to his alter ego and say "50 miiiiiilllion dollars"?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-16-13 11:49 AM
    I think It's not as simple as saying that he gets $56M. Might be one of those that it's up to $56M.

BlackBerry CEO to Make $55.6 Million If He Sells Company - Bloomberg

Proxy filing here for more:

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...y_Circular.pdf

Gonna try to read it later on.
    08-16-13 11:49 AM
    We will drop to 9.50 and then continue the rally. 9.50 is the low and the point of entry if you want in on BBRY
    08-16-13 11:52 AM
    I believe that, though not for everyone of course, for most people the motivational effect of money is reduced when you get beyond a certain point.

I am hoping that someone like Thor and the BoD that surrounds him is more motivated by taking on one of the tech. industry's greatest turn-arounds.
    08-16-13 11:55 AM

why hang on to your 500 shares if you think there is a good case to make for the share price to drop under $9? just take the loss and call it a day on your Blackberry shares then
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-16-13 11:57 AM
    I believe that, though not for everyone of course, for most people the motivational effect of money is reduced when you get beyond a certain point.

I am hoping that someone like Thor and the BoD that surrounds him is more motivated by taking on one of the tech. industry's greatest turn-arounds.
    it is not motivational, that is the way they get paid. better to pay in shares than to pay in cash. printing paper works for the Fed and it works for publicly traded companies. that is how the cooky crumbles, so don't worry, be happy.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-16-13 12:00 PM
    why hang on to your 500 shares if you think there is a good case to make for the share price to drop under $9? just take the loss and call it a day on your Blackberry shares then
    I think think the case for upside is better. My guess, 60/40 or better odds to the upside. Luckily, I have some winners in my portfolio to offset any potential losses in BBRY and while $7,500 is a good chunk of money, it will not change my life plans. $75,000 to the upside would.
    08-16-13 12:02 PM
113,256 ... 17391740174117421743 ...