View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    the us president of lenovo almost let the word blackberry slip out a few times during the interview, the smirk on his face is priceless
    08-15-13 05:27 PM
    BBM secrets popping up?

BlackBerry Adding Real Time Location Sharing in BBM Using Glympse? MyCars Page in BlackBerry World? - BerryReview

BlackBerry Adding Real Time Location Sharing in BBM Using Glympse? MyCars Page in BlackBerry World?

You may not have heard of it before but Glympse is a really cool service which is available cross platform including legacy BlackBerry devices. It allows you to share your location with others in real time for a specified period of time. Ofutur let us know that while digging through the latest OS builds and apps they found assets and code for sharing your location in BBM using Glympse. This is highlighted further with notifications including "Location Acquired", "Syncing with Glympse servers…" and "Send Glympse" along with the "S" Shortcut used to send a Glympse to a BBM user.

On top of that it seems like BlackBerry is adding a new MyCars page in BlackBerry World just like the current music or My World tabs. No word on what would be included in such a tab but my guess is QNX enabled cars?
    08-15-13 05:30 PM
    everyone loves using new things, people jumped on instagram because it was new, snapchat is new, bbm is something people have always loved but left because of other aspects of blackberry. now its reinvented and android and apple users are waiting for something new and cool they can use to connect directly with all their friends and contacts.

what happens when everything becomes integrated right into bbm? twitter facebook instagram, just like facebook has all other feeds integrated into its program. the possibilities are limitless. a buyout of $15 a share for this stock i believe is on the low side, 10+ billion is chump change for these companies in the long run.
    plane6065, sidhuk, zyben and 4 others like this.
    08-15-13 05:35 PM
    Looks like the big boys can't play nice together.

Microsoft blasts Google over YouTube block, claims reasons are 'manufactured' | The Verge

Liked this line:

"It appears there are technical limitations in Windows Phone that are preventing Microsoft from building the YouTube HTML5 version. "
    +++++++

Good! Now I feel better about MS and intermittent issues with my bb10 emails lately!
    bungaboy, rarsen and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 05:45 PM
    the us president of lenovo almost let the word blackberry slip out a few times during the interview, the smirk on his face is priceless
    Very interesting, let's hope there are interest from a few big names. I rather not see BlackBerry be picked apart, but a big partnership, or a purchase from a Sony, amazon or IBM.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 05:47 PM
    it boggles my mind how obvious this interview makes it that lenovo and blackberry are in talks, lenovo benefits "NOTHING" from leading people on as if they were interested in blackberry if they really weren't, he could of easily said that they have no interest at all, why dance around the question, no benefits.

$$$$$$$$
    08-15-13 05:50 PM
    BlackBerry CEO Stands to Make $55.6 Million in Sale

BlackBerry CEO Stands to Make $55.6 Million in Sale (Correct) - Businessweek
    08-15-13 05:58 PM
    it boggles my mind how obvious this interview makes it that lenovo and blackberry are in talks, lenovo benefits "NOTHING" from leading people on as if they were interested in blackberry if they really weren't, he could of easily said that they have no interest at all, why dance around the question, no benefits.

$$$$$$$$
    Because when you are a CEO, you do not comment on rumors.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    Maybe I've drank a lot of kool-aid and I don't know if I'm the only one thinking this, but I would really want see BlackBerry continue to do this thing alone as BlackBerry and not under the ownership of another, unless they go private. Would really want to see a partnership to help boost things.

I feel that there are things in place that need time to be completed.

Posted via CB10
    BBM secrets popping up?

BlackBerry Adding Real Time Location Sharing in BBM Using Glympse? MyCars Page in BlackBerry World? - BerryReview

BlackBerry Adding Real Time Location Sharing in BBM Using Glympse? MyCars Page in BlackBerry World?

You may not have heard of it before but Glympse is a really cool service which is available cross platform including legacy BlackBerry devices. It allows you to share your location with others in real time for a specified period of time. Ofutur let us know that while digging through the latest OS builds and apps they found assets and code for sharing your location in BBM using Glympse. This is highlighted further with notifications including "Location Acquired", "Syncing with Glympse servers�" and "Send Glympse" along with the "S" Shortcut used to send a Glympse to a BBM user.

On top of that it seems like BlackBerry is adding a new MyCars page in BlackBerry World just like the current music or My World tabs. No word on what would be included in such a tab but my guess is QNX enabled cars?
    +++++++

Man! When other platform users start seeing all these native BlackBerry implementations that are popping-up, I can see a real shake-up in the mobile phone industry.

I trust that BlackBerry is letting the corporate BBOS users know about these sorts of features when deciding on the next corporate devices to utilize.

Go BlackBerry!!
    08-15-13 06:00 PM
    they are planning on drilling, so most likely is, they have news on the drill program; they just raised money so that can't really be the reason.

stockhouse.com is the go to place for stocks like this
    I think it does effect me, going to recheck the map. thanks for the update.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 08-15-13 at 07:10 PM.
    08-15-13 06:29 PM
    Maybe I've drank a lot of kool-aid and I don't know if I'm the only one thinking this, but I would really want see BlackBerry continue to do this thing alone as BlackBerry and not under the ownership of another, unless they go private. Would really want to see a partnership to help boost things.

Posted via CB10
    I think a lot of us here would like to see BlackBerry do it themselves, but it's clear that they can't. PR and marketing sucks.

I have to defend BlackBerry when I show my BlackBerry phone or talk about them. Most have negative things to say about BlackBerry, regardless of how good the product is.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:34 PM
    I think a lot of us here would like to see BlackBerry do it themselves, but it's clear that they can't. PR and marketing sucks.

I have to defend BlackBerry when I show my BlackBerry phone or talk about them. Most have negative things to say about BlackBerry, regardless of how good the product is.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I defend my BlackBerry like it is an extended member of my family. I don't take **** from anyone. This is my BlackBerry and you can take it from my cold dead hands!
    plane6065, zyben, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    08-15-13 06:49 PM

$$$$$$$$
    After watching the interview and seeing BlackBerry announce they are open for anything gives me a sick feeling that shorts could wake up to financial ruin. I hope they cover before it's too late.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 06:53 PM
    Agreed. I defend my BlackBerry like it is an extended member of my family. I don't take **** from anyone. This is my BlackBerry and you can take it from my cold dead hands!
    Haha! So true! But after a while I was left with a great phone, thousands in lost investment, and having to see the SP/company get hammered by the shorts and media. Partnership with a big name company will be the best.

Posted via CB10
    FastLane228 and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 06:57 PM
    After watching the interview and seeing BlackBerry announce they are open for anything gives me a sick feeling that shorts could wake up to financial ruin. I hope they cover before it's too late.

Posted via CB10
    I think if there was an offer it would be no more than $20. The shorts would need to cough up $20 and at most have a lost if say $14 ($20 - $6). The damage would be more sever if bbry put up a profitable quarter and provided positive guidance.
    08-15-13 07:02 PM
    Was a busy day, so just chilling with a cold one. Cheers.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000626_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am with you. But Thorsten and his $56 million may be an issue. LoL Hope the Board aren't in the same situation.
    BergerKing and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 07:16 PM
    It scares me that everyone is so confident about a buy out or partnership. This "sure thing " reminds me too much of the lead up to the last quarter results. It just doesn't make sense to me for lenovo to make it obvious that they are interested in blackberry.
    BergerKing and OMGitworks like this.
    08-15-13 07:33 PM
    Just my two cents. I tried a Lenovo IdeaTab A2107 before I got my Nexus 7. It was a huge POS. I hope if they partner with BBRY, they keep the hardware.
    Last edited by m1a1mg; 08-15-13 at 07:59 PM.
    08-15-13 07:45 PM
    It scares me that everyone is so confident about a buy out or partnership. This "sure thing " reminds me too much of the lead up to the last quarter results. It just doesn't make sense to me for lenovo to make it obvious that they are interested in blackberry.
    I'm in the same boat. First of all, from that cnbc video Lenovo didn't seem interested in a partnership with Blackberry. Also, if you look at the press release from Monday through the same lense as every other Blackberry statement and subsequent disappointment, I think people have gotten carried away. And of course, Thor will only make this clear at the Q2 ER with a smug look on his face.

I really do hope I'm wrong.
    08-15-13 07:54 PM
    Fair enough, but the horse's mouth says differently. I worked for the DoD for 28 years. They will control all apps on their network. Period.

DISA's Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization will initially pay $2.9 million, although DMI could receive up to $16 million over three years depending on the contract's options. "With the mobile device management system and mobile application store, we will be able to manage devices and the applications that our warfighters use while ensuring our networks and information are secure and protected," DISA director Lt. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins said in a statement.

Earlier this year, DOD's chief information officer Teri Takai approved a Commercial Mobile Device Implementation Plan that permits the use of off-the-shelf mobile devices on military networks. The plan also calls for a "unified MDM architecture [that] secures, monitors, manages and supports accredited mobile devices across a range of DOD environments." Even before the plan was established, the military already had more than 600,000 mobile devices on its networks.

With the new MDM system in place, the DOD will be able to provision and manage its growing number of mobile devices using continuous monitoring and security features like malware detection, over-the-air (OTA) distribution of applications and remote data-wipe. The application store will operate in conjunction with the MDM system. For example, the DOD will be able to install, update and delete applications on users' devices remotely. This will ensure that only approved apps can be distributed on devices cleared by the DOD.
    +++++++

M1a1mg:

Any insight on Samsung attempting a further push to get the DoD nods of approval; namely, with the Knox offer?
    08-15-13 08:30 PM
    I'm up about $4 per share at the moment... maybe you can catch a falling knife...

Wait for me!

PS - Quit bragging!
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 08:38 PM
    CREDIT SUISSE: Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Huawei or private equity most likely buyer for $BBRY. $AMZN $FB $MSFT.

BNN reporter on twitter.
    ++++++

Amazon/Facebook: Plausible
    Microsoft: Very doubtful, unless they want to break it up and dissolve for competition reasons.
    Huawei: No way. The Canuck gov't wouldn't allow it, unless only for the hardware.

Anyone thought about Panasonic? Think about Pany screens/Lumia camera technology in next BB10 devices, complimented by Panasonic Toughbook technology (already used in major by all Governments, Police, Military, etc.). Seems a good fit, if nothing more than a partnership.
    Note to those who don't already know: Panasonic now uses QNX for their car infotainment systems.
    bungaboy, BergerKing and Randeman like this.
    08-15-13 08:55 PM
    I'm in the same boat. First of all, from that cnbc video Lenovo didn't seem interested in a partnership with Blackberry. Also, if you look at the press release from Monday through the same lense as every other Blackberry statement and subsequent disappointment, I think people have gotten carried away. And of course, Thor will only make this clear at the Q2 ER with a smug look on his face.

I really do hope I'm wrong.
    First of all from that cnbc video Lenovo seemed very interested in a BlackBerry partnership. Watsa stepping off the board was very telling. I get that scary feeling that shorts are in serious trouble and I hope they cover before they lose it all. The down side is non existent and the upside could result in financial ruin. Be careful.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 09:00 PM
113,256 ... 17361737173817391740 ...