View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For anyone here that can answer, when a stocks trading gets put on hold for news, it can go either way but the news is usually given out fairly quickly. What kind of meaning, if any, can be taken from an entire day of halted trading without news being given out?
    SEC/OSC investigation?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 04:05 PM
    Wow I can see that Team Blackberry is working is butts off. Go guys you are doing a great job! reward will follow for sure!!
    Has anyone seen any of the videos on youtube showing off 10.2 updates?

Thing looks refined as hell! WOW
    zyben, take99, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    08-15-13 04:15 PM
    some call him "The Guy from Greece" the country.
    LoL
    How do all these guys that are industry 'experts' have such differing numbers?

Kinda makes me want to grab guys like him, Fawcett, and a few others by the scruff of the neck, and sit them down in a room to hash out the 'math' before we (lowly investors), get tossed a number to work with.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    08-15-13 04:28 PM
    The interview with America Lenovo president, damn he was grilled with BB questions haha a little encouraging with his responses
    Lenovo looking to make a 'berry' good deal? - CNBC
    08-15-13 04:31 PM
    Today is the ninth day of uptrend. 20 million in volume, and it closed at $10.96; $0.06 above opening price. The action seems to be based on waiting for more news. The last 15 minutes showed a good move, because the SP could formed, and ben trapped inside a bigger descending triangle--shown in the 30 minute chart. A possible short-term pattern here is a cup formation (yellow lines on the 30 minute chart). The SP seems to either forming a bottom, or if not a cup, at least a base, before a major move. It looks really familiar with the pattern, when the SP were in mid July. I am not saying that it will follow the same subsequent move; just to show that TA is not random. When there is no major news, it is a temporary algorithm play.

Bullish interpretation:
    Although it closed below yesterday closing price, the candle of today is a shorter long legged doji version of 8/12/2013 candle. It shows that there was a weak attempt to drive it down, but bulls fought back just enough to make it close above opening price. $10.75 continues to show as a strong support. On the 30 minute chart, MACD and RSI are ready to go up. On the daily chart, MACD has weakened a bit, but can still stay up. Weekly chart continues to show a bullish setup. The challenge for Friday is to close above $10.95, especially above $11.10 for closing outside the BB.

Bearish interpretation:
    $10.75 has continued to be tested. The SP formed a lower low. Stoch. RSI on the daily chart is oversold, and it will cycle down.

A rant:
    Does anyone here like BGR the site? I don't visit it. And certainly, I will not care about it, after watching this 8/14/2013 7 a.m. CNBC clip: BlackBerry doesn't understand 'mobile computing': Expert - CNBC

Geller, the editor-in-chief, said that the Z10 is a bad phone, because "it's just." And Blackberry doesn't understand mobile computing, and the foundation of the software is bad. He talks like he checked the BB10 and BBOS code line by line.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-15-4.16.38-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-15-4.22.08-pm.jpg

Weekly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-15-5.04.20-pm.jpg

Mid July chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-15-5.14.36-pm.jpg
    08-15-13 04:32 PM
    For anyone here that can answer, when a stocks trading gets put on hold for news, it can go either way but the news is usually given out fairly quickly. What kind of meaning, if any, can be taken from an entire day of halted trading without news being given out?
    Don't go back to your normal residence after work. Sleep somewhere else. LoL
    08-15-13 04:32 PM
    It's 13f season. I'll try to see if any accumulation is occurring.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and Bugmapper like this.
    08-15-13 04:33 PM
    Red Q5 in da house My daugther is very happy. "I Support BlackBerry"
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000618.jpg
    08-15-13 04:43 PM
    she hit him over the head with it almost right away and he kinda sorta stumbled as if he wasn't prepared for that question

The interview with America Lenovo president, damn he was grilled with BB questions haha a little encouraging with his responses
    Lenovo looking to make a 'berry' good deal? - CNBC
    plane6065, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 04:45 PM
    Red Q5 in da house My daugther is very happy. "I Support BlackBerry"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000618.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	192803
    It looks great in red.
    08-15-13 04:46 PM
    nothing earth shattering, but a couple of interesting moves here as of june 30

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    08-15-13 04:49 PM
    and goldman sachs doubling down after they downgraded the stock

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    08-15-13 04:51 PM
    It looks great in red.
    It's a very nice mobile, not cheap at all. Being as this phone is for my daughter, plastic will be far more durable. Comes with a very nice BlackBerry screen protector so no need to buy one!
    08-15-13 04:56 PM
    A rant:
    Does anyone here like BGR the site? I don't visit it. And certainly, I will not care about it, after watching this 8/14/2013 7 a.m. CNBC clip: BlackBerry doesn't understand 'mobile computing': Expert - CNBC

Geller, the editor-in-chief, said that the Z10 is a bad phone, because "it's just." And Blackberry doesn't understand mobile computing, and the foundation of the software is bad. He talks like he checked the BB10 and BBOS code line by line.
    Just watched the video. I see what you mean. What a piece of work that guy is. Boy genius? More like a di*k with ears.
    Is the guy completely brain dead or what? Probably tried to make an offer on BB and got shot down. Sounds like he really has a hate-on for blackberry. Looked pretty stupid on CNBC in my opinion.
    08-15-13 04:58 PM
    also noticed the Ontario teachers pension plan purchased 2 million shares as well
    08-15-13 04:58 PM
    Thanks for this. Although the one I'm speaking of from today was at the request of the company pending news.

IIROC Trading Halt - PP

VANCOUVER, Aug. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - The following issues have been halted by IIROC:

Company: Pacific Potash Corporation

TSX-Venture Symbol: PP

Reason: At the Request of the Company Pending News

Halt Time (ET): 8:00 AM ET

they are planning on drilling, so most likely is, they have news on the drill program; they just raised money so that can't really be the reason.

stockhouse.com is the go to place for stocks like this
    sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    08-15-13 05:12 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...rtphones.html?

China's Lenevo looking for smartphone acquisition

I know it's been posted but wouldn't it be nice if they in fact are very interested? I don't know how well this would be being that security and china doesn't work well. But, a partnership and part of a group headed by Prem Watsa would be very interesting.

I would assume any groups (incl Lenevo) would want all negotiation done quietly. All options are also open. If Lenevo are interested in BlackBerry, it only keeps all other potential bidders (hopefully there are) honest enough not to low ball .

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-15-13 05:13 PM
    Wow I can see that Team Blackberry is working is butts off. Go guys you are doing a great job! reward will follow for sure!!
    +++++++

Thanks for the post.

About as "subtle" as a slap across ya'face!

I don't know who is designing the UI for BlackBerry 10, but someone deserves a gold star! (much unlike the pastel peace sign that Joni Ives should get for iOS 7). I wonder how long it will be before we see copy-cats(?).

Third thought: BlackBerry is 'moving' toward a league of its own!
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    08-15-13 05:14 PM
    is there anyway we can tell if Mike L still has all his shares?
    08-15-13 05:14 PM
    is there anyway we can tell if Mike L still has all his shares?
    Take:

He stated that he was going to hang onto them; you remember that post?
    Can't help you other than that.
    08-15-13 05:18 PM
    Just before I go to sleep...
    Cya 2morrow !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000874.png

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:19 PM
    Ignore-sorry.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 05:19 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...rtphones.html?

China's Lenevo looking for smartphone acquisition

I know it's been posted but wouldn't it be nice if they in fact are very interested? I don't know how well this would be being that security and china doesn't work well. But, a partnership and part of a group headed by Prem Watsa would be very interesting.

I would assume any groups (incl Lenevo) would want all negotiation done quietly. All options are also open. If Lenevo are interested in BlackBerry, it only keeps all other potential bidders (hopefully there are) honest enough not to low ball .

Posted via CB10
    +++++++

(Hmmmm), what an interesting time for them to release this....
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 08-15-13 at 11:20 PM.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 05:21 PM
    yeah, but I'd prefer to know for sure, he does have the whole quantum computing research facility to run and such...now that he isn't on the board, I guess we have to wait til the end of the year like with Jim? Anybody know the rules on this?

Take:

He stated that he was going to hang onto them; you remember that post?
    Can't help you other than that.
    08-15-13 05:23 PM
    I trust in my gang to handle any "INVOKED" inmates just by verbal council. Unless otherwise we have to use some of "know some people, who know some people".
    Lol.
    Typed from the locker room.
    +++++

Failing that, send out the tact team and skin-em....
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 05:25 PM
113,256 ... 17351736173717381739 ...