View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For anyone that bought IMG here, what a run.
    No doubt... just keeps on going... got more umph than the damn Energizer Bunny...
    08-15-13 01:32 PM
    Not everytime stock is down Silver climbs 5%...
    08-15-13 01:35 PM
    No doubt... just keeps on going... got more umph than the damn Energizer Bunny...
    One of those decisions where gut said yes, head said no.
    cjcampbell and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 01:39 PM
    B.C. Brothers in the House! When you guys are in Raincouver let me know.
    Hi Sparkaction:

Hope it doesn't rain too hard in Richmond, for fear of it sinking!!

Coquitlam myself. Before you send a touche back over, I know what you are gonna say, so bite your tongue! (lol).
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-13 01:40 PM
    "To have Prem Watsa resign from the board is a very positive thing because it would give him the freedom to pull together a club deal," said Vic Alboini, an activist investor in BlackBerry via his fund Jaguar Financial, who is hoping for a sale at $15 a share.

Watsa is no corporate raider. He is a chancellor of the University of Waterloo, like Lazaridis before him, and has described BlackBerry's founder as a "good friend". Both men are known to want to protect the technology community that has grown up in Waterloo around BlackBerry.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    08-15-13 02:43 PM
    our 50-EMA is $10.80 right?
    08-15-13 02:49 PM
    Nice!!! My stomach turned there for a minute as we dropped below 10.80. A good amount of buyers jumped back in just in time to save this day.
    08-15-13 02:56 PM
    any news about some sort of deal forming will send the price up in combination with shorts covering asap
    w4rrior and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-15-13 02:58 PM
    Nice little run up!
    w4rrior and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 03:01 PM
    Another good George Kesarios article on BB valuation ...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Why BlackBerry Is Worth More Than People Think - Seeking Alpha
    some call him "The Guy from Greece" the country.
    LoL
    08-15-13 03:02 PM
    any news about some sort of deal forming will send the price up in combination with shorts covering asap
    That is going to be fun to watch! Hold on tight it's going to happen anytime now.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 03:04 PM
    Has anyone seen any of the videos on youtube showing off 10.2 updates?

Thing looks refined as hell! WOW
    08-15-13 03:04 PM
    I find it hard to believe that a behind the scenes sale hasn't been pondered for the last year or longer. No ceo heading a company with bbrys situation would not have considered a sale. This last week's announcement tells me that someone's flogging shares. Or a deal is close. But since there are no real leaks I would assume the deal if it exists is with fairfax,hence prem stepping down. A sick feeling tells me an alternate theory is prem saw no end game, wanted to flog stock at a decent price. If he stepped down without any sale announcement he would be selling in the 6 dollar or lower range. I guess time will tell. This is more suspenseful then a dateline nbc murder mystery.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-15-13 03:05 PM
    For anyone here that can answer, when a stocks trading gets put on hold for news, it can go either way but the news is usually given out fairly quickly. What kind of meaning, if any, can be taken from an entire day of halted trading without news being given out?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 03:06 PM
    Looks like the big boys can't play nice together.

Microsoft blasts Google over YouTube block, claims reasons are 'manufactured' | The Verge

Liked this line:

"It appears there are technical limitations in Windows Phone that are preventing Microsoft from building the YouTube HTML5 version. "
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 03:08 PM
    Has anyone seen any of the videos on youtube showing off 10.2 updates?

Thing looks refined as hell! WOW
    I'm running the beta and it is great. Z10 felt like a new device.
    08-15-13 03:10 PM
    some call him "The Guy from Greece" the country.
    LoL
    Well, he does live in Athens, Greece, thus, calling him "The Guy from Greece" seems appropriate. Especially when someone puts George's opinion forward regarding the US DoD and it's acquisition processes as having any real bearing on anything.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 03:19 PM
    Jerry Smith of Lenovo was just on CNBC. He says they are a device company now, more phones and tablets than PCs. Can't comment but they are growing organically. Maria B pushed him hard on a BBRY acquisition. There are a lot of other opportunities out there. We will be aggressive, but it needs to be a good fit and good value.

He is either a good poker player or they have no interest in BBRY
    m1a1mg, Randeman, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    08-15-13 03:30 PM
    Hey CJ,
    Halt trades usually only last a few hours in order for the news to be brought out but if its gone longer than that you maybe looking at a cease trade order instead. Here is just a quick reference info on CTO

A Cease Trade Order (CTO) is issued against a company for a variety of reasons including failing to meet its disclosure requirements such as filing a quarterly or annual financial statement, or as a result of an enforcement action that involves an investigation of wrongdoing. A CTO is often in place for an extended period of time and can be indefinite. CTOs are issued by the Securities Commissions.

For anyone here that can answer, when a stocks trading gets put on hold for news, it can go either way but the news is usually given out fairly quickly. What kind of meaning, if any, can be taken from an entire day of halted trading without news being given out?
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 03:31 PM
    This sounds a little bit too much like a defensive answer, and not a non-committal answer.... no specific reason, just not enough denial for me to believe it. The question was about acquisition, Yang answered about acquisition but also added "deal". Hmmmm.... I might be reading between the lines, or did Yang let something slip? You decide.

Lenovo's CEO Talks about Smartphones and BlackBerry - Digits - WSJ
    WSJ: BlackBerry recently said it’s up for sale. Do you see BlackBerry as a potential acquisition target?

Mr. Yang: I cannot comment on any specific target or deal. We believe that the PC industry and the mobile phone industry will continue to consolidate. So Lenovo is definitely in a good position to become an important player. If a target or deal is consistent with Lenovo’s strategy, we would take the opportunity.
    President of Lenovo USA on cnbc right now. BlackBerry has been brought up. He keeps dancing around the acquisition questions, but he talks about value being right for any acquisition. I'm sure it will be on cnbc website shortly. Deal cooking?? The first 2 minutes is all about blackberry
    Last edited by Im Mo Green; 08-15-13 at 03:38 PM. Reason: .
    08-15-13 03:35 PM
    things are kind of slow today.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-harlem-shake-not-funny-8.jpg
    08-15-13 03:35 PM
    Hey CJ,
    Halt trades usually only last a few hours in order for the news to be brought out but if its gone longer than that you maybe looking at a cease trade order instead. Here is just a quick reference info on CTO

A Cease Trade Order (CTO) is issued against a company for a variety of reasons including failing to meet its disclosure requirements such as filing a quarterly or annual financial statement, or as a result of an enforcement action that involves an investigation of wrongdoing. A CTO is often in place for an extended period of time and can be indefinite. CTOs are issued by the Securities Commissions.
    Thanks for this. Although the one I'm speaking of from today was at the request of the company pending news.

IIROC Trading Halt - PP

VANCOUVER, Aug. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - The following issues have been halted by IIROC:

Company: Pacific Potash Corporation

TSX-Venture Symbol: PP

Reason: At the Request of the Company Pending News

Halt Time (ET): 8:00 AM ET
    bungaboy, BergerKing and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 03:38 PM
    If they truly were not interested then they could easily say no, but if they are thinterested they must not comment, cannot comment means they are in talks, otherwise he would have said no flat out. Nothing beneficial for lenovo comes from them leaking anything ahead of time; nothing.

Prem vs. Lenovo?

this stock can take a sharp turn at any time based on any rumors
    08-15-13 03:39 PM
    hmmm PP is trading on the ventures so basically a penny stock...your guess is as good as mine for why its halted but seeing how ventures dont have alot of volume maybe the day halt is nothing new
    08-15-13 03:45 PM
    This is the second time your repeated this. You can say it 100 more times if it makes you feel better. BlackBerry is going private, bought out or will partner. This is 100% going to happen. This also won't happen over night. Smart money is covering telling dumb money not to worry.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. You of all people (!) should never chastise anyone for repeating themselves.
    08-15-13 03:54 PM
113,256 ... 17341735173617371738 ...