View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Look at our friend George. Some of things he pointed out, I mentioned a few days ago in my post. His estimate is about $30 takeout price, a few dollars more than my estimate, but will be happy to go along.

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Why BlackBerry Is Worth More Than People Think - Seeking Alpha
    Of course Blackberry is worth more even the haters and shorts know it . There is already a deal in place and now we wait to see if other offers come up. We are four days in to when blackberry announced they are open for whatever. It will be interesting over the next few weeks if people starting catching wind of something brewing. I think Watsa ,CPP and the other Canadian pension plans who are looking to take blackberry private are going to give the market upto or just before earnings to make an offer or discussion on partnerships . I think by earnings we will have some type of answer.
    08-15-13 11:47 AM
    There is already a deal in place and now we wait to see if other offers come up.
    Any sources or real truthful information or is this just more wishful thinking?
    kfh227 likes this.
    08-15-13 11:49 AM
    Another good George Kesarios article on BB valuation ...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Why BlackBerry Is Worth More Than People Think - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 12:03 PM
    This report confirms the GSSTATCOUNTER shares.
    L
    O
    L
    BlackBerry still beating Windows Phone market share in U.S. | CrackBerry.com

Off to the GYM now
    Thanks for this GREAT news.
    08-15-13 12:04 PM
    Of course Blackberry is worth more even the haters and shorts know it . There is already a deal in place and now we wait to see if other offers come up. We are four days in to when blackberry announced they are open for whatever. It will be interesting over the next few weeks if people starting catching wind of something brewing. I think Watsa ,CPP and the other Canadian pension plans who are looking to take blackberry private are going to give the market upto or just before earnings to make an offer or discussion on partnerships . I think by earnings we will have some type of answer.
    I certainly hope so since it does not help them in this period of uncertainty, as someone pointed out earlier. What good it brought though was the previous attempt my Mr. Chan for a takeover as early as last year and still continues to do so. It disputes the notion that nobody wants to take BB, as some people here have suggested.
    bungaboy, BergerKing and sidhuk like this.
    08-15-13 12:06 PM
    This report confirms the GSSTATCOUNTER shares.
    L
    O
    L
    BlackBerry still beating Windows Phone market share in U.S. | CrackBerry.com

Off to the GYM now
    I did not know Gadgetmaster now also wrote for Crackberry. Great talent acquisition there.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 12:16 PM
    Jack Dorsey (Twitter founder) just down the street from BlackBerry offices Sept 19th, just a few days away from the September 27, Q2 earnings report. Thought some of you may be interested in attending. Not going to jump to any crazy theories on why he decided to come to town on this date..

https://jackdorseykw.eventbrite.com/
    08-15-13 12:20 PM
    The -BlackBerry failed, now is for sale- headlines are doing a big damage to the already troubled core business. So, I think two scenarios are more probable:

1)The deal is already done and the uncertainty will last just a few weeks.

2)The business deteriorated faster than expected, nobody made and offer in a year, so now It's considered practically dead. The uncertainty doesn't make a difference, nobody is adopting BB10 and BES10 anyways.
    This second call is for people interested in some assets, and for them It's a good idea to wait a couple of awful quarters until is shareholders acknowledge that the business is dead and they have to accept a deal for the parts to recover some value, at a much lower price of course.
    I hope its #1 from above, but I am sorry to say it looks like #2. Thor has been saying between the lines for some time now that hardware devices are not the game for BBRY, the network/MDM/ software is the game for them. BB10 devices were suppose to buy them some time, to get to the pure software play. It appears that is not working. What is sad to say is bbry with an existing base of approx. 80 million subs at the time of launch cant even seem to get 15-25% of the existing base to purchase bb10 device over a 3-4 quarter period. That enough would ease pressure of the stock, and give them the time they need to get software play ramped up. Unless the Q device sales are off the chart this quarter, it can get very ugly very quickly. If sales are good, why the announcement at this time? Like you said above, "it doesn't make a difference, nobody is adopting BB10 and Bes 10 anyways"
    08-15-13 12:21 PM
    Don't know if it's already posted but this Ad is great!
    bungaboy, Chris2J, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-15-13 12:22 PM
    Some numbers: The 156 million Android phone sales in the first quarter of this year were made up of one big player, Samsung, and a lot of small players, with the five most-successful selling around 10 million phones each. With those kinds of figures, sticking to their own operating system should sound more attractive to BlackBerry and Nokia than ever.
    Should BlackBerry have gone Android? The answer is no - and these numbers show why | ZDNet
    Now, that is a good advertisement.
    Chris2J, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-15-13 12:27 PM
    Yes this should have been the super bowl ad introducing BB10, instead we got that idiotic commercial of some dope walking around the streets. Ace of an ad Mr Boulben.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 12:38 PM
    The source is an article on Seeking Alpha. How much more credible could it get??? Warrent Buffett is probably reading it right now!!
    m1a1mg and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 12:41 PM
    Oh, some red. Refreshing
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000843.png

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and FastLane228 like this.
    08-15-13 12:42 PM
    It's likely the latter. In addition, anyone who thinks a private equity group will offer $30/share is sadly mistaken. The assets if broken up may eventually be worth $30/share, but the acquirer has to take his vig, right?

As a BBRY guy for years, my hope is that someone sees the potential in keeping the firm together and doing a total housecleaning in upper management. BBRY can rise from the ashes as a handset maker, but it'll take some doing.
    08-15-13 12:43 PM
    This sounds a little bit too much like a defensive answer, and not a non-committal answer.... no specific reason, just not enough denial for me to believe it. The question was about acquisition, Yang answered about acquisition but also added "deal". Hmmmm.... I might be reading between the lines, or did Yang let something slip? You decide.

Lenovo's CEO Talks about Smartphones and BlackBerry - Digits - WSJ
    WSJ: BlackBerry recently said it’s up for sale. Do you see BlackBerry as a potential acquisition target?

Mr. Yang: I cannot comment on any specific target or deal. We believe that the PC industry and the mobile phone industry will continue to consolidate. So Lenovo is definitely in a good position to become an important player. If a target or deal is consistent with Lenovo’s strategy, we would take the opportunity.
    08-15-13 12:48 PM
    Looks like we might be in for our end of day slide... unless more people read that WSJ article
    08-15-13 12:50 PM
    Yes this should have been the super bowl ad introducing BB10, instead we got that idiotic commercial of some dope walking around the streets. Ace of an ad Mr Boulben.
    It was supposed to be the first of a large campaign. Then delay with carriers. Stop.
    Hard to judge on the introduction. What we see now is also Frank's work. Let's see how this fi-comm will turn out...

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    08-15-13 12:51 PM
    This sounds a little bit too much like a defensive answer, and not a non-committal answer.... no specific reason, just not enough denial for me to believe it. The question was about acquisition, Yang answered about acquisition but also added "deal". Hmmmm.... I might be reading between the lines, or did Yang let something slip? You decide.

Lenovo's CEO Talks about Smartphones and BlackBerry - Digits - WSJ
    WSJ: BlackBerry recently said it�s up for sale. Do you see BlackBerry as a potential acquisition target?

Mr. Yang: I cannot comment on any specific target or deal. We believe that the PC industry and the mobile phone industry will continue to consolidate. So Lenovo is definitely in a good position to become an important player. If a target or deal is consistent with Lenovo�s strategy, we would take the opportunity.
    My reading of "mobile computing " is quite the opposite : all you need is your smartphone and peripherals...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:58 PM
    It was supposed to be the first of a large campaign. Then delay with carriers. Stop.
    Hard to judge on the introduction. What we see now is also Frank's work. Let's see how this fi-comm will turn out...

Posted via CB10
    I thought fi-comm just did IR? Are they doing adverts too?
    08-15-13 12:59 PM
    Damn this ad is amazing!!!
    08-15-13 01:00 PM
    Damn this ad is amazing!!!
    Yeah, I really don't know why Blackberry didn't use that theme in their campaign. They chose to try the "Apple" route with their ad... abstract and fun. They should have played to their strength - secure and powerful. It would have been more awe-inspiring. They can't compete with Apple on the cutesy trendy scale of things.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-13 01:03 PM
    After FED had flooded the market with cash, someone should easily obtain those 10*10^9 bucks
    08-15-13 01:09 PM
    At least gold and silver climbs. Strange: Gold +2% Silver +5% @ ~12:00
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 01:29 PM
    For anyone that bought IMG here, what a run.
    08-15-13 01:31 PM
    Not strange. Precious metals are always up when people flee the stocks. Then turf them when they dive back in

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:31 PM
113,256 ... 17331734173517361737 ...