View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey bungaboy,

JP Morgan are also additionanlly in the media for activities in the US. For those not following this story, Morgan has recently settled charges with FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) that its “creative” bidding practices represented market abuse (or manipulation) for just over $400 million.
    JP Market Manipulation Case and Complexity | The Energy Collective
    Us small retail investors are so na�ve to think the playing field is level!
    08-15-13 08:45 AM
    I'll go ahead and place my order then. I'll have the XXL steak (medium rare), baked potatoe fully loaded, ceasar salad, ranch style beans, cornbread, and cold beer. Thanks Morgan!! lol
    You know what I like lcjr.
    08-15-13 08:47 AM
    I agree this is going to hurt unit sales even more bc consumers won't want to buy a phone from a company that may not even exist a year from now.

The one good thing this has done is gotten investors to evaluate BBRY and its assets more objectively. Funny that absolutely nothing has changed from a cpl of weeks ago, but analysts are raising their price targets.
    The real problem is not the short term sales slump that this "blackberry failure" myth will cause, but if they don't announce any deals at all.... then they are really screwed. They have put themselves in a real "make or break" scenario by making a formal declaration of intent to sell/partner. If they end up drilling a dry hole (for all you texans/albertans out there) then the media will cut them to shreds and even fans of blackberry will think twice.

On the flip side... even a small handset partnership with another big name will be enough to start the "back from the dead" stories...
    08-15-13 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the B-Day wishes guys... my head hurts a little but I've now got a smile on my face
    If I just had my 21st birthday, I would be smiling too!

Happy Birthday Sir!!!
    08-15-13 08:53 AM
    I see we have some buying opportunities this morning.
    sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 08:56 AM
    The real problem is not the short term sales slump that this "blackberry failure" myth will cause, but if they don't announce any deals at all.... then they are really screwed. They have put themselves in a real "make or break" scenario by making a formal declaration of intent to sell/partner. If they end up drilling a dry hole (for all you texans/albertans out there) then the media will cut them to shreds and even fans of blackberry will think twice.

On the flip side... even a small handset partnership with another big name will be enough to start the "back from the dead" stories...
    When I hear they have been looking for years for a buyer, I cringe!

Our main worry should be if the "for sale" euphoria wears off and people realize there is no buyer . . . well BBRY will react very poorly.

In the mean time there is no news and we are at the mercy of rumors again!

We will not know about any sale until it is past tense.
    Bugmapper, m1a1mg and BergerKing like this.

Yeah. I am hoping that deal is already done.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    If I just had my 21st birthday, I would be smiling too!

Happy Birthday Sir!!!
    Thanks Gregg but that age somewhere off in the rear view mirror...
    Is that what we now call it, "a buying opportunity"?
    Robert Halloran likes this.
    08-15-13 08:57 AM
    Thanks Gregg but that age somewhere off in the rear view mirror...
    Me, too.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-15-13 08:59 AM
    Markets are way down today. Don't expect much out of BBRY. I'd be happy to see it hold even.
    08-15-13 09:03 AM
    Is that what we now call it, "a buying opportunity"?
    Are we Jeckyll or Hyde this morning?
    08-15-13 09:04 AM
    I see we have some buying opportunities this morning.
    Looks like everything is down today.
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 09:05 AM
    We need news that offers are existent. As Bugmapper said, if they don't announce anything soon we will be fast back to 9$ or even worse when they don't find anyone, lower. And yes, Happy Birthday
    m0de25, cjcampbell and BergerKing like this.
    Wow! Hadn't noticed the DOW is down nearly 200 points! Manage your expectations today people!
    When I hear they have been looking for years for a buyer, I cringe!

Our main worry should be if the "for sale" euphoria wears off and people realize there is no buyer . . . well BBRY will react very poorly.

In the mean time there is no news and we are at the mercy of rumors again!
    Maybe in the meantime, Thorsten should come out with: "Suitor interest is beyond our expectations"

Oh, I'm not in a good mood today. Better sign off, catch you guys later.
    Lol you have to like how the shorts spin. BlackBerry at worst is going to be taken private 100%. The only question remains is if someone will offer a partnership or want to buy them out. Smart money will be buying the manipulated dips.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-13 09:06 AM
    They will stop at nothing. Ha ha ha

BlackBerry matchmaker: Dude looks like lady

Accused of duping women looking for grooms

By Mohammed El Sadafy
    Published Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sharjah Police arrested a GCC national on Tuesday on charges of impersonating as a woman and offering matchmaking services to gulliable women through BlackBerry messages.

The incident came to light when a woman looking for suitors complained to police that she was swindled by a woman named Umm Mansour whom she contacted after receivig an advertisement on BlackBerry from her.

The suspect allegedly demanded Dh500 immediately after establishing contact with the victim.

The complainant was promised that a suitable groom had been identifed for her and that she had to pay the amount if she required further help.

The victim told police that once she made the payment, she stopped hearing from the suspect and that rose her suspicion.

Sharjah Police's CID team, set into action, upon receiving the complaint and landed at the home of the suspect, only to discover that the suspect is a man named Joseph MP.

He confessed to police about duping women. He has been referred to the Public Prosecution.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    08-15-13 09:07 AM

With are always too sides to any story, BlackBerry seems to receive the negative coverage consistently. Shirt of partnering with Apple or Google the headline will be something like "Two dead horses riding into the sunset" or "Two bad ideas don't make it right".
    08-15-13 09:08 AM
    I hope shorts don't cover or they short more at these levels.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:08 AM
    Looks like everything is down today.
    Today the USA releases a bunch of reports/data. People taking advantage of that.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-15-13 09:09 AM
    If they end up drilling a dry hole (for all you texans/albertans out there) .
    Hmmm...I wonder if the older members here perceived a different meaning...lol

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:20 AM
    Hmmm...I wonder if the older members here perceived a different meaning...lol

Posted via CB10
    Ha ... funny guy!
    08-15-13 09:30 AM
    Maybe in the meantime, Thorsten should come out with: "Suitor interest is beyond our expectations"

Oh, I'm not in a good mood today. Better sign off, catch you guys later.
    " the future of mobile computing, will now be in someone else's hands"

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    Man i usually wait for days like today, I would have been buying 3 different stocks today too bad its all tied up atm...opportunity missed! boo
    bungaboy likes this.
113,256 ... 17311732173317341735 ...