View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Angryedmontonian...how you holding up with the new addition in the family?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:12 PM
    For any BB10 baseball fans:

MLB.com At Bat 2013 is free for a limited time (regular price is $9.99)

Go into BlackBerry World, swipe down from the top bezel, and click Redeem. Use promo code: mlb1000
    MLB AtBat was one of the things that forced me to switch. Thanks for the tip.
    08-14-13 06:12 PM
    This one is BeWeather's App...but the stocky does it to (if I remember correctly)

Here is one when it's raining....and the drops are live too...the more rain the more drops:

Attachment 192550

Posted via CB10
    Shane,

When were u in Peachland. Ever head to Kelowna look me up okay )

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:16 PM
    Shane,

Posted via CB10
    Will do...my folks live there so come regularly. Likely doing a golf weekend in Sept sometime...I'll PM you. thx.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    08-14-13 06:19 PM
    Three bottles of Burgundy Pinot would put me under the table.....maybe ))

Posted via CB10
    Doing what and with who is the question.
    08-14-13 06:31 PM
    Shane,

Posted via CB10
    B.C. Brothers in the House! When you guys are in Raincouver let me know.
    08-14-13 06:38 PM
    Started lunch with JD and continued drinking while playing golf, only finished 9 holes. Took a nap and then spent an hour of reading this thread. This is more fun than watching TV. Thanks every one.
    08-14-13 06:40 PM
    Ever since the news release keeping up with this forum has once again become a part-time job.
    08-14-13 06:42 PM
    Other than a couple of edits, I'd call it a good day. Really glad to see y'all working together to keep your 'house' in order, especially with all the excitement lately. Seems everyone called their brother and second cousin twice removed to dump on the forums the last couple of days.
    08-14-13 06:46 PM
    B.C. Brothers in the House! When you guys are in Raincouver let me know.
    We haven't seen much rain lately, hope I didn't jinx it.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-14-13 06:47 PM
    Something M+8 said in his post that the media didn't know WTF they were talking about got me thinking.

So, very fittingly, I present you with . . . . . the new media (and trash poster's) Theme Song . . . . . . . .

sidhuk, lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    08-14-13 06:48 PM
    Other than a couple of edits, I'd call it a good day. Really glad to see y'all working together to keep your 'house' in order, especially with all the excitement lately. Seems everyone called their brother and second cousin twice removed to dump on the forums the last couple of days.
    AKA . . . . . . Sleeper Cells.
    sidhuk, BergerKing, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 06:53 PM
    Blackberry keeps moving-Last week a deal with Samsung to load BBM on all their phones sold in Africa (I believe this will soon go world wide) and this week Blackberry (QNX) signed a huge deal with Panasonic Automotive division for software and design for in vehicle information and entertainment for autos in Asia, NA, and Europe. I expect we will soon see an acceleration of licensing deals.......
    08-14-13 06:54 PM
    Something M+8 said in his post that the media didn't know WTF they were talking about got me thinking.

So, very fittingly, I present you with . . . . . the new media (and trash poster's) Theme Song . . . . . . . .

still tops.
    Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (1977)
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-13 07:08 PM
    Lol....so many disappointed peeps (trolls)... this company just keeps on truckin. (SF...this is North American slang for "keep moving")

Too funny.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:20 PM
    Doing what and with who is the question.
    Now that would be tell CJ )

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    08-14-13 07:21 PM
    08-14-13 07:26 PM
    I came across this newsletter with details of Prem Watsa's holdings:

Prem Watsa

I have not been able to verify it. But prior to this week's announcement, I do believe Watsa's average costs is lower than $17. According to my estimation: $16.78.

Here are my calculations:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-premwatsa.jpg

Prem Watsa must be very motivated to find investors to make his portfolio whole again. The question is, can he find private equity firms to pony up at least $16.78 per share?

Kid Vibe!!!

You are of course, right, he is in at $ 17.00 but then you are assuming he resigned for nothing. I know you think something is up here, and it makes sense that he resigned to buy more shares. Since we haven't passed the $ 12.00/shr mark, his average will be dropping like a stone. He knows the first person to buy down here makes all of the money. In addition, he has made it clear the BlackBerry is grossly under-valued down here, he'll be looking for much higher numbers in the weeks ahead.

We did well today, DOW was down 116 pts and we are up again. All of this without the benefit of knowing if anyone is even interested in doing business with BBRY. Not bad.
    sparkaction and Kid Vibe like this.
    08-14-13 07:29 PM
    I came across this newsletter with details of Prem Watsa's holdings:

Prem Watsa

I have not been able to verify it. But prior to this week's announcement, I do believe Watsa's average costs is lower than $17. According to my estimation: $16.78.

Here are my calculations:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PremWatsa.JPG 
Views:	771 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	192572

Prem Watsa must be very motivated to find investors to make his portfolio whole again. The question is, can he find private equity firms to pony up at least $16.78 per share?
    Great analysis. The only issue is that we don't know if and how often Prem used options to reduce has ACB. I won't be surprised if Prem protected his interest in BBRY by buying puts or selling in-the-money calls.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    08-14-13 07:40 PM
    Or...how many he has purchased since Monday.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:40 PM
    Or...what deal he has struck with whoever (pick one) to win this battle.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    08-14-13 07:42 PM
    Hey Hoa,
    Are you tracking new short positions or short coverings? where can I get these numbers :P thanks man
    The figures are for daily short volume only. I have no idea which way the trade goes. The information is available daily, approx 90 minutes after markets close, from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, or FINRA, in the US.

The Daily Short Sale Volume File is available here:

August 2013 Reg SHO Daily Files
    08-14-13 07:48 PM
    Or...what deal he has struck with whoever (pick one) to win this battle.

Posted via CB10
    Can't tell, I'm sleeping ! Lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    08-14-13 07:50 PM
    Sleuth,

If you use 13-F forms to determine a price, you can Only get a range. And it's a big range. I did all the math a few months ago.

Thing is Prem said in one of his shareholder letters that the cost basis is about $17. There is no way to get a more accurate number than that.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and fedakd like this.
    08-14-13 08:01 PM
    I would disagree that Prem Watsa would be buying more shares in the open market just yet.

He would have to receive firm commitments from his investing partners first. Also there are regulations when you already own 9.9% of the company, wouldn't he have to file SEC Form 13F? Also there are a myriad of other forms:

Securities and Exchange Commission Forms List
    08-14-13 08:02 PM
113,256 ... 17271728172917301731 ...