View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is obvious, but we shouldn't expect much at all in terms of unit sales/BES10 from Monday August 12 until the moment a buyer/partnership is announced.

With this virtual ReMax sign in the lawn, it's simply too distracting for potential consumers to commit to BB.

Here's hoping for a speedy resolution and/or for xBBM to blow everyone out of the water!
    Yes, unfortunately it perpetuates the "Blackberry is dead" myth.
    FastLane228 and BergerKing like this.
    08-14-13 02:21 PM
    There is no going back and pretend this never happened.
    08-14-13 02:24 PM
    Chris @ (good) work : Roundup and commentary on news around BlackBerry
    JV or strategic partnership ? Then, who ?

Family dinner time (holidays); see you maybe after the Armagnac !
    This is obvious, but we shouldn't expect much at all in terms of unit sales/BES10 from Monday August 12 until the moment a buyer/partnership is announced.

With this virtual ReMax sign in the lawn, it's simply too distracting for potential consumers to commit to BB.

Here's hoping for a speedy resolution and/or for xBBM to blow everyone out of the water!
    Mind you, BBM has a tough boat to catch in WhatsApp (which has 4X more users). Wonder how well they are going to market this... Wonder how much Apple/Samsung will push BBM? My crappy *** Windows phone doesn't get it... Can't wait to get the Z30.

1.5 Months away from XBBM... Hopefully it isn't too late. I'm still banking the BES10 is the gravy though... Thats the big differentiation!
    Was reading a lot of threads started about Verizon or Att sales reps openly swaying people away from BB because they were going ot of business... And this was *pre-announcement*. Imagine the venom now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-13 02:31 PM
    Was reading a lot of threads started about Verizon or Att sales reps openly swaying people away from BB because they were going ot of business... And this was *pre-announcement*. Imagine the venom now.
    Bingo. The Verizon shops at our malls no longer display Blackberry phones. Matter of fact, I can't find one for sale by any vendor since the large billboard signs were offering Blackberry phones on sale. Not good news at all. Hopefully that's not the case everywhere.

Edit: Our Base Exchange still sells the Z10 only, but the reps know little about the phone and new software.
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-14-13 02:37 PM
    Well that had to be the most difficult read in a month....
    Here's another one from Bloombergs John Butler:

I think they will go private.

That is my guess.

There was a member of the board who stepped down.

He is the warren buffett of canada.

He has great connections.

The speculation is that the canadian government is really behind this move to keep it a canadian company.

Some of the major pension managers have come out and supported the idea of potentially taking the company private.

You don't think it will be gobbled up by the likes of lenovo?

Well, there is sensitivity to the chinese buyers.

The canadian warren buffett might be at play.

What went so wrong?

I still have a blackberry.

Most of the ceo's usually have them in their pocket.
    08-14-13 02:37 PM
    There is no going back and pretend this never happened.
    Agreed... BB pretty much committed to this "PlanB" with this special committee announcement. There's no sugar coating or pretending this never happened. So, either a savior or partnership deal will be the catalyst going forward. There's no going back, apart for some type of (unlikely) extraordinary event.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    08-14-13 02:38 PM
    Mind you, BBM has a tough boat to catch in WhatsApp (which has 4X more users). Wonder how well they are going to market this... Wonder how much Apple/Samsung will push BBM? My crappy *** Windows phone doesn't get it... Can't wait to get the Z30.

1.5 Months away from XBBM... Hopefully it isn't too late. I'm still banking the BES10 is the gravy though... Thats the big differentiation!
    Less than that.
    08-14-13 02:39 PM
    Well, if the "blackberry is dead" theme gets really rip roaring they could actually use it in an advertisement. The whole "rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" thing... kinda like the auto industry did.
    08-14-13 02:39 PM
    Does it though? While I agree that the initial announcement has generated that gut reaction from people, I feel like it has forced alot of people to actually take a look at what is at the root of Blackberry and in all the articles i've read it just shines a light on the fact that the business people thought blackberry was failing at (hardware and handhelds) was only a small sliver of the business they were trying to create.

While most of the valuations i've seen have been out to lunch I think its interesting how news like this has actually brought to the surface all of the other components of blackberry. Just my thoughts on it anyways.
    08-14-13 02:41 PM
    Does it though? While I agree that the initial announcement has generated that gut reaction from people, I feel like it has forced alot of people to actually take a look at what is at the root of Blackberry and in all the articles i've read it just shines a light on the fact that the business people thought blackberry was failing at (hardware and handhelds) was only a small sliver of the business they were trying to create.

While most of the valuations i've seen have been out to lunch I think its interesting how news like this has actually brought to the surface all of the other components of blackberry. Just my thoughts on it anyways.
    Yes, to investors, no to consumers. IMHO
    m0de25, cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    08-14-13 02:43 PM
    For any BB10 baseball fans:

MLB.com At Bat 2013 is free for a limited time (regular price is $9.99)

Go into BlackBerry World, swipe down from the top bezel, and click Redeem. Use promo code: mlb1000
    08-14-13 02:45 PM
    Bingo. The Verizon shops at our malls no longer display Blackberry phones. Matter of fact, I can't find one for sale by any vendor since the large billboard signs were offering Blackberry phones on sale. Not good news at all. Hopefully that's not the case everywhere.

Edit: Our Base Exchange still sells the Z10 only, but the reps know little about the phone and new software.
    So many stories like this, all over the US. I wonder if Verizon would have pushed the platform better if they never experienced the random reboot phenomenon. I mean, what salesperson would recommend the phone knowing that it would reboot several times a day? And a fix has only recently been rolled out at Verizon. Anyway, the saga continues.
    lcjr and BergerKing like this.
    08-14-13 02:47 PM
    Less than that.
    Fingers crossed.
    08-14-13 02:49 PM
    Final 10 minutes and reaching oversold... lets push forward this time.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-14-13 02:49 PM
    Chris @ (good) work : Roundup and commentary on news around BlackBerry
    JV or strategic partnership ? Then, who ?

Family dinner time (holidays); see you maybe after the Armagnac !
    don't know them but what are the chances of British Telekom have any involvement?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-14-13 02:51 PM
    Yes, to investors, no to consumers. IMHO
    Yea, there I go again giving consumers the benefit of the doubt. I wonder if with time as more investors become educated on the company if we will see a shift in brand perception or not. I think with the number of shorts still out there it could take some time but who knows... I can't help but think there was some brilliant minds at work issuing this press release at this time.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-14-13 02:54 PM
    We closed over $11?!?!

*checks eyes, doesn't believe it*
    08-14-13 03:04 PM
    We didn't close at $11.09 though that morgan hoped for though, so is this a bearish sign for tmr? rally slowing maybe?

We closed over $11?!?!

*checks eyes, doesn't believe it*
    08-14-13 03:08 PM
    At least we closed green. Closing red would have been bad

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Bugmapper, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 03:14 PM
    At least we closed green. Closing red would have been bad

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! I really like your attitude. I think I'll go home today at beer-thirty and have a delicious cold refreshing beer to celebrate our closing in the GREEN. Woot Woot!! lol
    08-14-13 03:17 PM
    Exactly! I really like your attitude. I think I'll go home today at beer-thirty and have a delicious cold refreshing beer to celebrate our closing in the GREEN. Woot Woot!! lol
    Not sure if you're serious or sarcastic...

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-14-13 03:23 PM
    And I'm falling off the back of the wagon tonight. Won't need to wantingly watch all the posts and dream of ho gardens. By the time I'm done, I'll be seeing them all over the place
    08-14-13 03:25 PM
    Considering the Dow is down more than a 100 points I think Bbry did quite well!!!
    08-14-13 03:29 PM
113,256 ... 17231724172517261727 ...