View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ha I am relaxed, just like to have a good discussion once in awhile, sometimes I even like to take positions I don't even believe myself just to see what the other person is really thinking. But seriously, if you don't 'believe' in using TA as a tool, I'm ok with that, to each his own, but if you are going to bring it up constantly with a negative connotation, I would suggest having a good argument to back it up so everyone can learn more, I really hate the non-logic oriented arguments and drive by comments.

take99!!

Love your posts and read them all the time. I had no idea you were fighting this battle as I have that guy on ignore. It's nothing to do with his thoughts on TA, rather it is the sum of all of his posts. So please stick to your great work here and relax! I grow bored with messages that are largely unsupported by any facts. Good luck and let's get BBRY back over it's 50-dma this week.
    08-14-13 12:45 PM
    Look, regarding M+8, IMHO anyone that can manage stocks and 8 wives (or 2 kids and 6 wives) and stock accounts is worth listening to.

Yes, I know it's a car, but we can dream can't we?
    08-14-13 12:47 PM
    An intraday update; I think, we have a falling wedge. It is, usually, bullish. It needs to go above $11.07 - $10.89, until 4 p.m. today.

Attachment 192477
    I see a descending triangle, notice the large volume pick up when it broke the support line?
    08-14-13 12:52 PM
    Kinda sorta. lol

How did she get that upper cut past those?

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 12:57 PM
    I
    1. Its no longer supporting Blackberry, but getting your investment back.
    2. Its no longer about making money but just breaking even.
    3. Its no longer about the $100 party but rather the $20 party.
    I assume you've missed the trillion of insults we've received - anywhere outside this particular thread- that might explain a slight overreacting (well, maybe a little more lol).
    Now, about your list let's keep it short and civil; you just don't know (points 2,3) and you are, in my case, ages to my perception regarding the supporting. I've never done anything but accumulating shares, never speculated, and won't sell unless I'm obliged if BlackBerry goes private.

Bad days or good days never changed my position : stick to the plan and stay calm.
    I'm here for the long haul, I didn't borrow my house to gamble and I am confident as hell.
    Yeah. Call me a dreamer : so far, so good.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-14-13 at 02:02 PM.
    08-14-13 01:00 PM
    I'm with Superfly on this one. We've had much worse days.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 01:04 PM
    Well something is happening up 1.3% Lol my non-technical self was a little bummed about it looking like a down day.

EDIT: You have to be completely mad to invest in this stock. Glad I was/am.

EDIT2: WOOOHOOO 2% xD
    Last edited by meltbox360; 08-14-13 at 01:20 PM.
    08-14-13 01:04 PM
    I see a descending triangle, notice the large volume pick up when it broke the support line?
    Hi Capper96; my interpretation is that the mini descending triangle from yesterday was completed. The large volume occurred, when the Icahn Apple news was released, after the formation is confirmed. In other words, the SP had broken down without that volume. At the moment, the falling wedge formation makes more sense to me for the action of today. It's good to see that the formation is confirmed with the SP action the last several minutes. And, it looks like, if we try to draw a bigger descending triangle by including the action from yesterday, we have peeked out of it (so far at least). Hopefully, the blue line holds as support.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-14-2.23.16-pm.jpg
    08-14-13 01:28 PM
    Fun to watch...I have a question: M8, glad your feeling better, where do you see the price in six to eight months? Apologies if this is unreasonable.

Posted via CB10
    slipstream89 likes this.
    08-14-13 01:29 PM
    BB must be selling the company...they have revamped their dev site.

BlackBerry Developer
    08-14-13 01:30 PM

BlackBerry Developer
    WTH? That us more likely due to the release of 10.2 SDK.
    FastLane228 likes this.
    08-14-13 01:35 PM
    Just curious leaf but whats the indication? I've never been to that site so I dont really see whats different lol
    Thanks!

BlackBerry Developer
    08-14-13 01:36 PM
    Fun to watch...I have a question: M8, glad your feeling better, where do you see the price in six to eight months? Apologies if this is unreasonable.

Posted via CB10
    I can answer that...

$100
    08-14-13 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    M+8 has forecasted that the SP will reach bbry 's 52-week high. Time frame unknown.
    08-14-13 01:37 PM
    WTH? That us more likely due to the release of 10.2 SDK.
    Obviously...just kidding. 10.2 is out, site looks different...that's all!
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    08-14-13 01:38 PM
    08-14-13 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag!!!

Thanks for the kind words, I'm hanging in there until Sept 12th for another go under the knife!

Good question on the price of the stock! There are no indicators that suggest we are likely to move higher from here, we need to build a base and move higher over time and that's a trend forming which we can make predictions from. This isn't the case today, we have news that's driving the stock and little else. If we were to continue to trade for 6 - 8 months without so much as an offer from anyone to buy the company, I would peg the price of the stock around $ 18.00/shr based upon fundamentals alone. By then we will have BES10, X-BBM and unit sales pushing the stock and all of this noise about the hardware side of the business will disappear as it becomes apparent that 30 million/year BB 10 phones can make BlackBerry a ton of money once inventories match demand. I see only upside from these levels and if X-BBM catches on, we could be much higher. This is all guessing of course! GL
    08-14-13 01:52 PM
    as the article mentions, in order to filter against spam the contents of an email must be looked at by automated systems. this seems obvious.
    08-14-13 01:54 PM
    I second to that
    I can answer that...

$100
    08-14-13 01:58 PM
    This all sounds sensible expect for one problem - where are they? BBRY has been on the block since 2012, so why haven't we seen an offer?
    Maybe they also had some delays in the pipe ? ... (just thinking, wondering, hoping ...)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-13 02:01 PM
    I didn't understand the last paragraph, what does Microsoft do that Google doesn't?
    08-14-13 02:01 PM
    Robin Chan, angel investor, on Bloomberg TV:
    The Secret Takeover Plan to Save Blackberry: Video - Bloomberg

He says BlackBerry's most valuable asset is enterprise solutions.

Transcript:
    I invest in next generation companies participating in the smart phone revolution.

We saw a tremendous brand heritage, and iconic seem around blackberry and got thrown off with a smirk on wave.

We thought it was an intriguing opportunity.

Last summer it was out -- was at 7-$8. we thought there was a lot of opportunity if it could be rebuilt.

We approach the board about it.

-- we approached the board about it.

The ceo was there only for six months of it wanted to give it more time.

They wanted to see how the current management was going to run it.

Let's talk about the approach.

In your scenario, dream scenario, they would spin off the hardware division and spend over two android, given that some people the card were is the best asset.

-- and spin over to android.

Android solution around it mobile device management having proprietary hardware solutions that was optimized and modernized.

We had a focus on injured.

Because of the complexity.

We thought it was insane.

It was like a david and goliath story.

Instead of fighting to goliaths and they had the disease and you had a slingshot.

We thought it was an unstrained -- in san strategy.

-- insane strategy.

It would essentially compete against very small start-ups that have less resources than they had.

Given the trend that you mentioned, where is there room for blackberry in this market?

I'd think there is still tremendous opportunity around the enterprise mobility.

Blackberry still very much has a tremendous amount of brand equity.

It is a year later, so some momentum has been lost but they have a tremendous amount of proprietary assets that could be leveraged.

I am sure any possible strategy would include special cards they have it.

The $1 billion to achieve in commitments, where did the money come from?

Who was backing you?

A lot of individual investors, as well as institutions.

Would you still be interested in buying blackberry today?

I think of the right scenario, it would make sense.

I think the timing was when blackberry was open to strategic options.

It was the right time to have a dialogue about this, because the direct approach that we tried with the board did not work.

At the time, you said you came up with $1 billion, $5 billion short.

The you think you could make up for that shortfall today?

-- do you think you could make up for that shortfall today?

We will see.

We will see how they explore the options.

We will see how this will shake out.

I want to ask you about york earlier investment in shellme, i can set maker.

It is killing it in the chinese market.

It is a study in contrast.

Tell me more about this and why it is doing so well.

I cannot say too much because they are private company.

I invested in 2011. they're now selling apple and samsung.

A very special company.

They build high-end devices.

They're doing great.

You are seeing a study in contrast with blackberry where you have a management team that is very different that did not see it coming.

I think you are seeing the results.
    08-14-13 02:07 PM
    as the article mentions, in order to filter against spam the contents of an email must be looked at by automated systems. this seems obvious.
    Yup, even outlook alone does it that way to calculate X-spam scores.
    BUT the difference is that once processed, nothing is stored and related to your account(s) and profile(s).
    P.S: same goes for anything (incl storage) you give Google to read.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-13 02:08 PM
    Well that had to be the most difficult read in a month....
    08-14-13 02:10 PM
    This is obvious, but we shouldn't expect much at all in terms of unit sales/BES10 from Monday August 12 until the moment a buyer/partnership is announced.

With this virtual ReMax sign in the lawn, it's simply too distracting for potential consumers to commit to BB.

Here's hoping for a speedy resolution and/or for xBBM to blow everyone out of the water!
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    08-14-13 02:11 PM
113,256 ... 17221723172417251726 ...