View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Conspiracy theory # 15490

Hmmm.... A failed bid by a Canadian consortium at $15 will take several months to play out... maybe enough time that Blackberry needs to stabilize their business, and get some of the shorts off their back. Maybe Prem's bid is a bluff, designed by the Directors to buy them 6 to 9 months, and maybe scare up some partnerships.
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 08-14-13 at 09:02 AM.
    08-14-13 08:26 AM
    Opens at $11.17. I suspect another "pump & dump" day today.
    08-14-13 08:32 AM
    From article.....5,136 patents in US * $700,000 per patent = 3.6 Billion Dollar patent portfolio. ( = $6.86 per share?)
    Pumping up quick already up over 4%

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-14-13 08:34 AM
    I got 9.99$ trades for the next month. im going to day trade today and see what happens here
    lcjr likes this.
    08-14-13 08:35 AM
    From article.....5,136 patents in US * $700,000 per patent = 3.6 Billion Dollar patent portfolio. ( = $6.86 per share?)
    “BlackBerry still has a good enterprise and global footprint,” Marlett said. “Someone like Microsoft could justify paying $4 billion to $5 billion for the business, and $4 billion to $5 billion for the IP, which would yield an $8 billion to $10 billion purchase price.”

$8-$10 for IP?
    08-14-13 08:35 AM
    �BlackBerry still has a good enterprise and global footprint,� Marlett said. �Someone like Microsoft could justify paying $4 billion to $5 billion for the business, and $4 billion to $5 billion for the IP, which would yield an $8 billion to $10 billion purchase price.�

$8-$10 for IP?
    If Microsoft is serious about the cloud (or anyone else) then NOC and the 100's of carrier relations are worth something. The security of the NOC can be that differentiator from other cloud providers. It may be the one thing missing for enterprise to adopt the cloud in more significant numbers.
    08-14-13 08:39 AM
    Good morning gang!! This is turning out to be a very interesting week and I can't wait to see where we stand by End of Day Friday. Fingers crossed for continued increases and I wish everyone a very productive day.
    08-14-13 08:40 AM
    This was too scarey, too much, too fast for my liking, something fishy going on. I was very concerned last night holding my $11.35 BB that I bought late yesterday, only to watch BB plunge, but I held like many of you, however, I took money off the table and sold this morning at $11.79-11.80. Yes, like you I was looking for $12+, maybe later today. I hope you are all ok. What to do next? This is bizarre what BB has done in the past 24 hours.
    When others are scared, be greedy. when others are greedy, be scared. - WB
    08-14-13 08:57 AM
    Did someone really move over 5 million shares at 15:50 yesterday? or am I reading the chart wrong? thats a lot of scratch!
    08-14-13 09:00 AM
    So just what are the rules for accumulating stock?? Looks like it would be difficult to quietly accumulate more than 10% and especially 20% unless you are buying less than 2% (10,000,000 shares) per day. If Prem, Wilber and Warren decided to take this private, wouldn't that be concidered a group and limited to 10%? What constitutes a group? Did that press release from 2 days ago meet the requirements of that stated below, that you have passed the 10% point and can buy more?
    Quote from earlier post:
    The "early warning" system, which requires any party who acquires 10% or more of the voting or equity securities of any class to issue a news release forthwith. The party must wait a minimum of one business day before making any further acquisitions, and each subsequent acquisition of 2% or more of the securities of that class triggers the press release requirement again. The news releases must set out the purpose of the acquisition and any future intentions to increase ownership or control.

If as a result of the proposed acquisition the acquirer's holdings would exceed the 20% threshold, the offeror must provide all shareholders of the target with a takeover bid circular that contains detailed, prospectus-level disclosure about the offeror (extensive, if the acquisition would be paid for using its own securities) and its relationship to and holdings in the target issuer.
    Reed Richards and danprown like this.
    08-14-13 09:02 AM
    How is everyone doing in here since this week's announcements, I have no idea what is going to happen.

I wrote some $12 calls for this week's expiry when the stock was trading in the $8 range thinking no way it could go up that fast...currently praying I dont get exercised lol.
    08-14-13 09:06 AM
    Is BlackBerry a buy? Ask Chris Umiastowski which tech stocks to buy for growth - The Globe and Mail

On Wednesday, Aug. 14, at noon (ET), Chris Umiastowski, the growth investor for Globe Investor's Strategy Lab series, will take your questions in a live online chat.
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-14-13 09:08 AM
    08-14-13 09:11 AM
    So just what are the rules for accumulating stock?? Looks like it would be difficult to quietly accumulate more than 10% and especially 20% unless you are buying less than 2% (10,000,000 shares) per day. If Prem, Wilber and Warren decided to take this private, wouldn't that be concidered a group and limited to 10%? What constitutes a group? Did that press release from 2 days ago meet the requirements of that stated below, that you have passed the 10% point and can buy more?
    Quote from earlier post:
    The "early warning" system, which requires any party who acquires 10% or more of the voting or equity securities of any class to issue a news release forthwith. The party must wait a minimum of one business day before making any further acquisitions, and each subsequent acquisition of 2% or more of the securities of that class triggers the press release requirement again. The news releases must set out the purpose of the acquisition and any future intentions to increase ownership or control.

If as a result of the proposed acquisition the acquirer's holdings would exceed the 20% threshold, the offeror must provide all shareholders of the target with a takeover bid circular that contains detailed, prospectus-level disclosure about the offeror (extensive, if the acquisition would be paid for using its own securities) and its relationship to and holdings in the target issuer.
    nobody has said they own 10%, there is no bid for BB as a whole; BB is just examining their options right now...things could unfold from here, but we don't know what as yet
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-13 09:13 AM
    Just buy Wind/Mobilicity and get er done! lol
    08-14-13 09:14 AM
    If Microsoft is serious about the cloud (or anyone else) then NOC and the 100's of carrier relations are worth something. The security of the NOC can be that differentiator from other cloud providers. It may be the one thing missing for enterprise to adopt the cloud in more significant numbers.
    This all sounds sensible expect for one problem - where are they? BBRY has been on the block since 2012, so why haven't we seen an offer?
    08-14-13 09:15 AM
    the Bollinger Squeeze sure set up this rally quite nicely. Morgan 8 warned everybody, still people questioning the value of working with charts?
    08-14-13 09:17 AM
    A real thought, a real reason of share price jump may be BlackBerry 10 are selling well? BlackBerry just wanted to have a partner with a deep pocket to do serious marketing and then concours the world fast !

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:18 AM
    This all sounds sensible expect for one problem - where are they? BBRY has been on the block since 2012, so why haven't we seen an offer?
    I believe management thought they could execute their plan and be successful with the new OS. At a minimum, existing users would show accelerating adoption. This has not happened therefore management has to entertain Plan B. It was not yet to potential suitors, it is now let's chat.
    08-14-13 09:20 AM
    Rumour only for Canada, but it would certainly add value to their security model.
    sidhuk and Robert Halloran like this.
    08-14-13 09:21 AM
    the Bollinger Squeeze sure set up this rally quite nicely. Morgan 8 warned everybody, still people questioning the value of working with charts?
    I am. Coincidence is not causation. Can you explain just how these Bollinger bands predicted the press release and special committee for pursuing strategic initiatives?

It's the same with horoscopes and tarot cards. From time to time you will get a seemingly precise hit, but what is the mechanism by which the relative position of planets and stars affect life events on Earth?
    08-14-13 09:25 AM
    Quote from earlier post:

Prem will announce his increase to above 10% when he is ready, the stock that is purchased today sits in accounts that can be transferred to him or others when the time is needed. JP Morgan (etc) could be the buyer and acting as an account for Prem down the road, any brokerage could be the buyer for someone else here. He knows the rules and works with them so as not to tip his hand. The trick is to buy as many shares as possible at the lowest price so they'll move the stock around until it dries up here. Let's stay above the 50-dma today. So far, so good!
    08-14-13 09:26 AM
    If true, this is awesome.
    BB would have a truly top to bottom mobile computing platform and services. Forget about cell phone carriers, all one would need is a connected device with BB services. So, one's phone, computer, TV, car, etc are just different BB devices under one BB ID. (just fantasying again)...
    08-14-13 09:26 AM
113,256 ... 17191720172117221723 ...