View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Round deux

Hoegaarden. German wheat beer with a hint or Coriander and orange peel. One of my favorite

Attachment 192328

Posted via CB10
    Love it too!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    08-13-13 09:08 PM
    Dang those look good. What brand?
    It's a beach chair lager, by the PEI Brewing Company. Tasted great. They had lots of other choices including a red and a blueberry beer.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    08-13-13 09:27 PM
    What's the bowling ball?

Posted via CB10
    CJ got it. It's a bowling ball with only one hole - for my head.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-13-13 09:29 PM
    CJ got it. It's a bowling ball with only one hole - for my head.

Posted via CB10
    After a couple beers and few straight crowns, I think it's affecting my reading because all I see here is beer, balls, and heads. LOL

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    08-13-13 10:08 PM
    I'm worried about today's action. I have a fear that BBRY will drop 8% tomorrow when I hope that the opposite occurs.
    08-13-13 10:17 PM
    I'm worried about today's action. I have a fear that BBRY will drop 8% tomorrow when I hope that the opposite occurs.
    Same worry here. It's quite possible that short-sellers will flood media with negative/slanted articles. The narrative they'd push would be 'nobody is interested in buying BlackBerry'.

We really need cross-platform BBM to launch and weekly reporting of how fast it's growing!
    Million users, 10 million users, 20 million users, 30 million users, 50 million users, 80 million users, 100M users. Week after week.

That said, I hope that x-platform BBM version that they launch is not too under-featured. I hope it has BBM Voice and BBM channels features from version 1 itself (in addition to text chat, emoji support). If it is found to be under-featured in comparision to WhatsApp, Viber, it will die in the run-way itself, won't even take off!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    08-13-13 10:19 PM
    Guys take a moment from your day. Send a tweet to @pmharper asking him to take a stand against stock market manipulation! That's choking Canadian Tech companies!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 10:48 PM
    I think you missed the post where he found it amusing that you lost 6 figures.....just another piler on...
    (He?) Who? Huh?

6 Figures? Where did I say that again?

I'm losing my mind with all the threads!
    08-13-13 11:18 PM
    opps, nevermind the bullocks....
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 08-15-13 at 11:01 PM.
    08-13-13 11:25 PM
    Same worry here. It's quite possible that short-sellers will flood media with negative/slanted articles. The narrative they'd push would be 'nobody is interested in buying BlackBerry'.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Let's assume that there is a potential purchaser.

I don't see the point for the short sellers to attempting to use the media to drive the SP down. By causing the SP to decline, this will only facilitate the yet-to-be announced buyer to purchase more shares at depressed prices. This is counterintuitive because this will make it harder for the shorts to buy back shares as the float will shrink due to a buyer looking to accumulate a large position.

Let's assume that there is no purchaser in the wing.

The shorts would have guessed correctly (or used insider knowledge from BBRY or investment advisors) that there is no buyer and that it would be safe to increase their short interest in BBRY and use the media to achieve their objective. Although the further you pound the SP the closer BBRY will get to its liquidation value and the more willing a hedge fund or PE will take a chance to buy the company just to break it apart.

In the end, I have no idea what the shorts are thinking. LOL
    Last edited by sparkaction; 08-14-13 at 07:46 AM.
    08-13-13 11:42 PM
    Over the last 10+ months that I've following BlackBerry closely, I've been absolutely stunned at the over-the-top, apocalyptic, hyperbolic language used by analysts and reporters to describe BlackBerry and its prospects. You will find more reasoned, more advanced, and more balanced analysis on sports blogs that employ the latest statistical tools than you will on some serious financial websites. I have seen half-informed speculation passed off as fact, opinion passed off as iron-clad reality, and I have seen actual facts blown out of proportion. It's been amazing to see the unending stream of nonsense.

Now I *don't* mean that there is some coordinated conspiracy against BlackBerry. I think it is much more likely that a lot of the doomsayers are simply a) hack analysts who make over-stated and premature judgments or b) have an interest in seeing BlackBerry decline, but are more acting on their own.

Reading a Forbes article today about BlackBerry, I came across this gem:

> Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital, disagrees that a cheap price tag, hefty patents and even BlackBerry’s security network framework will be enough to tempt the likes of Samsung to make a public bid. “Buying BlackBerry could be a fatal move for any rival,” he says, pointing to struggling sales, an unsuccessful strategy and “boring products.”

Fatal? Really? If a company purchased BlackBerry, BlackBerry would somehow infect its benefactor and lead to both of them going out of business? That this would be as much of a disaster as when Quaker Oats bought Snapple, except this time no company survives? BlackBerry is made to sound like a corporate Patient Zero, who would bring any buyer, no matter how large, to an untimely demise. What's next, digitizing a BlackBerry into John Cleese's hand instead of dead parrot in the classic Monty Python sketch?

Look, BlackBerry has many competitors across its lines of business, and many challenges ahead. It has an uncertain future. Some of its assets will be attractive to some buyers, and guess what, those same assets will not be attractive to other buyers. Maybe no companies want to buy the entirety of BlackBerry, but are waiting to see if they can somehow purchase the lines of business that interest them. Maybe there are some companies that WOULD like to buy the entirety of BlackBerry, but have not yet done so for various reasons. It's nice to find the rare articles that actually analyze which pieces would be attractive to which buyers, or why a sale or LBO would be difficult without making it sound like BlackBerry was a carrier of The Plague.

Ok, I'm done ranting. And so no one misunderstands me, I'm not blaming crappy analysis for BlackBerry's condition. I'm just stunned that so much of the analysis sounds like tabloid journalism.
    08-14-13 12:12 AM
    Beer for weekends. Whiskey for weekdays:
    Attachment 192327

Posted via CB10
    I'm a Glenlivet man myself, but I respect it. Prost!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-14-13 01:44 AM
    Ding-ding
    http://crackberry.com/mircosoft-roll...-blackberry-10
    Timing matters ?

Oh, BTW, it's only 9AM here, but I'll share kinda nice perspective with you folks !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000636_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 01:54 AM
    What they say in France. "Les Echos" is the #1 daily newspaper about economics and finance here. Sorry for th Google translated but be sure to understand "BlackBerry do not exclude the option to sell" as the title sense.
    http://translate.google.fr/translate...dre-594902.php

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    08-14-13 02:14 AM
    Some are pushing in that direction, early in the morning...
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1633...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:31 AM
    Some are pushing in that direction, early in the morning...
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1633...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    It's seeking alpha so worthless - they are glorified forum posts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-14-13 02:34 AM
    lol, Vic, again ... *roar* ... $15: pretty decent though ?
    Investment tycoon Prem Watsa emerges as leading BlackBerry bidder | Technology | The Guardian

"To have Prem Watsa resign from the board is a very positive thing because it would give him the freedom to pull together a club deal," said Vic Alboini, an activist investor in BlackBerry via his fund Jaguar Financial, who is hoping for a sale at $15 a share.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-14-13 04:34 AM
    Now THIS VVV ...
    You know how @Bla1ze is cautious about rumors ... seems I may not be alone ...
    #placeYourBets.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    08-14-13 04:55 AM
    Now THIS VVV ...
    You know how @Bla1ze is cautious about rumors ... seems I may not be alone ...
    #placeYourBets.
    My bets are on Prem Watsa, he appears the most determined, as for the others they seem like their arms need twisting to buy Blackberry.
    08-14-13 05:09 AM
    That's the first thing I thought when I saw the CB post on the MSN app. Big coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 05:10 AM
    PM up 3.2% so far.
    Could be another interesting day.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 05:30 AM
    Well done...Feb 17, 2012 at 1912hrs for me...but who's counting

Posted via CB10
    12 years for me. Glad to have that monkey off my back.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 05:32 AM
    08-14-13 05:45 AM
    PM up 3.2% so far.
    Could be another interesting day.

Posted via CB10
    Safe to say . . . . . never a dull day with BlackBerry.
    Shanerredflag and FastLane228 like this.
    08-14-13 06:02 AM
    Harold;

When you bought the iPhone did it come troll equipped or are you just a preacher?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pest-pro-2.jpg
    morganplus8, take99, lcjr and 5 others like this.
    08-14-13 06:10 AM
113,256 ... 17171718171917201721 ...