1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I wish I was that guy selling 1m shares right now
    Chris2J likes this.
    08-13-13 03:02 PM
    The drop might be connected to a story that should be published within the next hour - it claims that BBRY has looked for a buyer since 2012 and has no interest.
    08-13-13 03:03 PM
    This is stupid. I'm seeing $11.52 AH now.
    08-13-13 03:03 PM
    Just saw it go up 60 cents in after hours for a while!
    08-13-13 03:04 PM
    Shot back up to $11.52 AH.
    08-13-13 03:04 PM
    The drop might be connected to a story that should be published within the next hour - it claims that BBRY has looked for a buyer since 2012 and has no interest.
    Bloomberg already came out with that.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-13-13 03:05 PM
    So it would be great to hear a explaination from you. 1m were sold under actual SP. It was a lot of time to do this earlier. @FIDO
    How/when were they sold under the actual stock price. I don't understand that? Thx.
    08-13-13 03:05 PM
    I wish I was that guy selling 1m shares right now
    He probably was a day trader making 1-2 M in 2 days....
    08-13-13 03:06 PM
    259,134 shares traded right after close.
    Oh connected to a STORY. I wonder if a SHORT interest wrote that up?
    bungaboy likes this.
    This is going to be an interesting week. If it drops back into the 8s I'm going to throw up though.
    08-13-13 03:07 PM
    Maybe this:

One firm that’s almost certainly not interested: Silver Lake Partners, which held talks with BlackBerry about taking the company private in late 2011/early 2012. Sources close to the firm, which is currently working with Michael Dell to take the PC maker that bears his name private in a $24.8 billion deal, said it has no interest in working with Watsa or BlackBerry at this time.
    08-13-13 03:07 PM
    talk about losing steam.!
    08-13-13 03:09 PM
    Old. Was out yesterday

Maybe this:

One firm that’s almost certainly not interested: Silver Lake Partners, which held talks with BlackBerry about taking the company private in late 2011/early 2012. Sources close to the firm, which is currently working with Michael Dell to take the PC maker that bears his name private in a $24.8 billion deal, said it has no interest in working with Watsa or BlackBerry at this time.
    08-13-13 03:12 PM
    If anyone wonders what Bloomberg story we have been discussing:

BlackBerry Ltd.’s announcement yesterday that it’s considering takeover bids followed almost a year of advisers unsuccessfully canvassing potential buyers in search of a deal, two people with knowledge of the matter said.

In recent months, as BlackBerry sales and subscriber numbers deteriorated, bankers from JPMorgan Chase & Co. and RBC Capital Markets quietly contacted possible bidders and found little interest in buying the whole company, especially among private-equity firms, said the people, who asked not to be named because the talks were private.

BlackBerry’s dimming prospects led the company to announce a special board committee yesterday that will evaluate all possible options, including joint ventures, partnerships or an outright sale. Prem Watsa, a Toronto businessman and BlackBerry’s largest shareholder, also is stepping down from the board, signaling that he may play a role in rescuing the company. JPMorgan is conducting the strategic review.
    BlackBerry’s board and its advisers are now waiting to see if Watsa and his investment firm, Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., will put together a bid to take the company private, two of the people said. That would let BlackBerry restructure itself away from public scrutiny. No offer has been made so far, according to the people.
    BlackBerry Said to Have Sought Buyers Since 2012 Without Success - Bloomberg
    lcjr likes this.
    08-13-13 03:12 PM
    Sorry guys, it was me. I said if it ever got back over 12 on a rumour that I would most likely cut my losses and sell. I didn't do that so it tanked after hitting 12.54 on the TSX. Again, apologies. Also, if you ever see me in a line at the grocery store, do yourself a favour and pick another line or you'll be waiting while some chick presents her hundred coupons for redemption and then realizes she forgot her bank card.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    08-13-13 03:13 PM
    This is stupid. I'm seeing $11.52 AH now.
    One trade was 115k shares at that price

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:14 PM
    Oh connected to a STORY. I wonder if a SHORT interest wrote that up?
    You know it was!
    lcjr likes this.
    Steal or rescue??? Enough with the American baiting. It is bad enough when you blame the shorts for cancer, famine and genocide. Now Americans steal and are dishonest?

If anything at all happens, my bet is a Canadian consortium takes BBRY private. Will you be happy then.

Not a hater, but as you can see from yesterday, I agree with you.
    Ok shorts don't cover but either way blackberry will be sold much higher then todays price. Play your games and run around cut and pasting whatever articles you want I doubt you will get anyone here to sell. Anyhow going out to spend some money and enjoy life. Have fun everyone.
    abouthsu and Robert Halloran like this.
    08-13-13 03:16 PM
    What you haters are not understanding is Blackberry is going to taken private by CPP , wasta and other Canadian pension plans. If Americans claim they don't want it then buh bye no blackberry for you.
    yeah most likely the Canadians are involved, but it is nice to announce that they are going to study to take major steps. of course it would be better if they simply announce the solution, as they have been at this game for a while and it should be clear what to do by now.
    08-13-13 03:17 PM
    Icahn took significant position in apple.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:18 PM
    Sorry guys, it was me. I said if it ever got back over 12 on a rumour that I would most likely cut my losses and sell. I didn't do that so it tanked after hitting 12.54 on the TSX. Again, apologies. Also, if you ever see me in a line at the grocery store, do yourself a favour and pick another line or you'll be waiting while some chick presents her hundred coupons for redemption and then realizes she forgot her bank card.
    hahaha. If you sold that many shares that dropped the SP that much I doubt we'd see you at a grocery store. lol..
    take99, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-13-13 03:19 PM
    So it would be great to hear a explaination from you. 1m were sold under actual SP. It was a lot of time to do this earlier. @FIDO
    It goes both ways. Who just paid 11.52 for 115000 shares. Arguably 60 cents above the sp. We don't known at what price the buyer was in and why they sold. On a high volume day when you are up by a lot and u don't want to risk losing you flog your shares. Disciplined traders don't think like normal people. To them profit is what they sell at. They don't see selling for less as a loss. When people get this mentality that's when they really make money.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and m1a1mg like this.
    08-13-13 03:20 PM
    Not a hater, but as you can see from yesterday, I agree with you.
    Yeah!! Go America!! woot woot!!
    08-13-13 03:21 PM
113,256 ... 17121713171417151716 ...