View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The game is on. Driving the price down in the closing half hour.
    BlackistheBerry and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 02:33 PM
    Started to go down as soon as Icahn's announcement...related?
    08-13-13 02:33 PM
    AAPL started climbing at about the same time BBRY started to pull back.
    rotation?
    08-13-13 02:34 PM
    Wondering if money flowing out of bbry and into aapl.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    08-13-13 02:35 PM
    Even if BlackBerry is taken private, it can still partner with other firms, right? I was wondering last week if Panasonic would make sense as a partner, to help further the mobile computing vision for government agencies.

Panasonic ToughBooks and ToughPads (both touchscreen) are used heavily by Fire, EMS, and Police departments as in-vehicle laptops and input devices. For example, a ToughBook running Windows will be mounted so the officer of a fire engine can pull up dispatch and call information. Same with police. Ambulances often carry a second device for electronic patient care reports. The paramedic or EMT in the back of the ambulance enters patient information, which then gets sent to a central server via wireless. For those wondering, Getac is another brand that's used.

I wonder if BB10 on a Toughbook could run the appropriate software. Emergency Responder software packages are meant to run on Windows, and I don't know if software like Wine could allow BB10 to access the Windows API. If so, the primary advantage to using BB10 on these devices would be security - these devices handle sensitive information of all kinds, and there are often not well configured. The second advantage would be the speed and ease of use of BB10. These devices are often sluggish because agencies usually don't want to spend for the top of the line models, and Windows runs slowly (although that is probably also due to the agency's attempts at security). Maybe Windows 8 will be better as it rolls out, but other versions of Windows are lackluster.

Emergency responders do not comprise a large niche, and this wouldn't be Heins' vision of a phone powering dummy tablets, but it would be useful. Maybe lcjr could comment on whether the military would also like tablets that use BB10. BlackBerry could also sell them to hospitals, many of which currently use iPads.

In all the commentary over the last few days about the value of different elements of BlackBerry, let's not become convinced that BB10 is worthless. 10.2 is an extremely well-designed, fast OS. Could be useful in several settings.
    Oh heck yes! I've been talking about that forever here. You know how much money my organization could save on paper alone if we could go to tablets in the workplace? Not to mention those first responders that can't lug around a heavy laptop everywhere they go. Now, the DoD is like an onion, with every layer operating with it's own procedures. If this new server standardizes everything regarding software and hardware, we'd be far better off. Give us approved tablets with BB10!!
    Reed Richards likes this.
    08-13-13 02:37 PM
    There was some talk (hope, rumor, whatever) that Icahn would take a position in BBRY due to the large short position. With his focus on AAPL the chance of this talk coming to fruition is that much less.

It was a pretty far fetched rumor without any reliable source backing it up, so I don't know why it would have an impact...but the market is the market for a reason.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-13-13 02:40 PM
    we lost steam
    08-13-13 02:42 PM
    Perhaps a few, but I think most people just heard the screaming of Ican and jumped on the train.
    If you are a big player, buy a lot of shares and call some analysts a few weeks later to make your investment public and the sheeps will buy in and you make profit.It is kind of funny, unless you can arrange such things
    bungaboy and silversun10 like this.
    08-13-13 02:42 PM
    WTF. Lost all gains.
    08-13-13 02:48 PM
    I've seen manipulation but nothing on this scale. WOW
    08-13-13 02:49 PM
    Badger Daylighting BAD-T up 13%+ to $56.00. And I didn't buy them at ~$24.00
    Things sure turned around this afternoon..
    Wow, this stock should come with dramamine/avomine. That was sudden, and backed with volume. Mostly profit-taking mixed with renewed shorting?
    Red???

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:50 PM
    Whats going on?
    i guess there will be a second chance for those that missed the first opportunity
    That's why u buy on weeks when people think the company's dead. Once it pops u better be watching like a hawk or have insider info.

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 likes this.
    08-13-13 02:51 PM
    Bizzare, lol
    08-13-13 02:52 PM
    I hope this is not insider info. Someone nearly sold 1m.
    Somebody can explain what just happend, M8
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-13-13 02:53 PM
    One million shares @ $10.79 ?????
    08-13-13 02:53 PM
    They dropped almost 50 cents in three mins. Bravo manipulators bravo. The power they have to move this stock is amazing. How many stops did they scoop up?
    08-13-13 02:57 PM
    It's not manipulation.
    On a 100m volume day a 1m manipulative trade is a **** in the wind it would be gone in a second and not even a blip. Someone wanted out, probably loaded up in the low 9s
    Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:58 PM
    They dropped almost 50 cents in three mins. Bravo manipulators bravo. The power they have to move this stock is amazing. How many stops did they scoop up?
    As I was logging in I wondered if MFT would have a manipulation post. I said to myself, "No way - he has been telling the shorts to cover all day, it's too inconsistent, even for MFT." Then I was treated to not 1, but 2 manipulation posts. BRAVO!!!

The stock was up 20% in 2 days. No news today on any firm deal. Profit taking under this scenario is perfectly normal and not manipulation. I'd be shocked if it ended any other way at this point. Of course you can always blame the Americans.
    app_Developer and peter9477 like this.
    08-13-13 03:02 PM
    Still closed green but that was BS.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-13-13 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Edited in lieu of language infraction.
    bungaboy and Robert Halloran like this.
    So it would be great to hear a explaination from you. 1m were sold under actual SP. It was a lot of time to do this earlier. @FIDO
113,256 ... 17111712171317141715 ...