View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Pool with friends? Who gets stuck with the capital gains then?
    Simple. The owner pays and friends split it. Or owner of account writes cheques when sold to each person and each person pays based on initial investment and gain minus any interest or commission. Of course you have to trust each other and agree to all activity. A notary can document it so nobody is left in the lurch.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-13-13 01:15 PM
    You do CJ of course! duh

Pool with friends? Who gets stuck with the capital gains then?
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    08-13-13 01:15 PM
    sounds like a good way to end a friendship lol

Simple. The owner pays and friends split it. Or owner of account writes cheques when sold to each person and each person pays based on initial investment and gain minus any interest or commission.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:16 PM
    sounds like a good way to end a friendship lol
    True. Money ends most friendships..but the ones that last through it are how the great success stories are born.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-13-13 01:18 PM
    Icahn just announced a large stake in $AAPL. He says the company is undervalued.
    08-13-13 01:25 PM
    Icahn just announced a large stake in $AAPL. He says the company is undervalued.
    From 5 days ago....

Icahn doesn't invest in megacap names such as Apple AAPL +3.01% and focuses his efforts on midcap stocks where he can take meaningful positions

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/car...win-2013-08-05

And most people follow these 'analysts'!
    08-13-13 01:31 PM
    Well guys, I had sold my shares a few weeks ago, made a few trades, made back my losses and have gotten back in this morning. The great thing is, my price is still lower than my previous average. Just a little ticked that I held off from my gut reaction to get in sooner.
    Grats buddy - so happy for you!

Same feels, but that's life right? Mitigate our risk and protect our capital. Best thing though is this taught me my tolerance for risk. An interesting first plunge for a first time investor huh? SMH. Love it though, makes life a little more interesting.

The lows make the highs that much sweeter.
    08-13-13 01:40 PM
    a little bit of profit taking here, has been a long time for that with BB
    08-13-13 01:42 PM
    Yep and now he comes out with this? Why not when BB10 launched?
    If it's the Robert Chan that I'm thinking of, maybe someone should have listened to him:

Robin Chan | VENTURE FOR AMERICA INC | ZoomInfo.com

That's what happens when people who think they know it all stick their fingers in their ears and yell nananananana. They miss important, relevant information.
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-13-13 01:46 PM
    I jinx'd it with my afternoon rally comment
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    08-13-13 01:46 PM
    Guysssss - Do I Buy more?
    08-13-13 01:51 PM
    Only you can answer that. Me personally. No, never buy when it's popped. that being said could have another 10% tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Compaqee and leafs123 like this.
    08-13-13 01:54 PM
    Guysssss - Do I Buy more?
    Seriously? if you ask that in an echo chamber like this, then all you'll hear back is "....MORE, More, more..."
    08-13-13 01:55 PM
    I feel like resistance will begin to mount once we start reaching people's B/E points and people start exiting their longs. 13/14ish is going to be turbulent.

Does loading up now make sense and than off-loading a portion to recoup some costs and maintain a less risky portfolio?

Gahh
    08-13-13 01:59 PM
    I feel like resistance will begin to mount once we start reaching people's B/E points and people start exiting their longs. 13/14ish is going to be turbulent.

Does loading up now make sense and than off-loading a portion to recoup some costs and maintain a less risky portfolio?

Gahh
    tell us where the sp goes first, but regardless that stuff is your call
    08-13-13 02:01 PM
    Even if BlackBerry is taken private, it can still partner with other firms, right? I was wondering last week if Panasonic would make sense as a partner, to help further the mobile computing vision for government agencies.

Panasonic ToughBooks and ToughPads (both touchscreen) are used heavily by Fire, EMS, and Police departments as in-vehicle laptops and input devices. For example, a ToughBook running Windows will be mounted so the officer of a fire engine can pull up dispatch and call information. Same with police. Ambulances often carry a second device for electronic patient care reports. The paramedic or EMT in the back of the ambulance enters patient information, which then gets sent to a central server via wireless. For those wondering, Getac is another brand that's used.

I wonder if BB10 on a Toughbook could run the appropriate software. Emergency Responder software packages are meant to run on Windows, and I don't know if software like Wine could allow BB10 to access the Windows API. If so, the primary advantage to using BB10 on these devices would be security - these devices handle sensitive information of all kinds, and there are often not well configured. The second advantage would be the speed and ease of use of BB10. These devices are often sluggish because agencies usually don't want to spend for the top of the line models, and Windows runs slowly (although that is probably also due to the agency's attempts at security). Maybe Windows 8 will be better as it rolls out, but other versions of Windows are lackluster.

Emergency responders do not comprise a large niche, and this wouldn't be Heins' vision of a phone powering dummy tablets, but it would be useful. Maybe lcjr could comment on whether the military would also like tablets that use BB10. BlackBerry could also sell them to hospitals, many of which currently use iPads.

In all the commentary over the last few days about the value of different elements of BlackBerry, let's not become convinced that BB10 is worthless. 10.2 is an extremely well-designed, fast OS. Could be useful in several settings.
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    08-13-13 02:03 PM
    If it's the Robert Chan that I'm thinking of, maybe someone should have listened to him:

Robin Chan | VENTURE FOR AMERICA INC | ZoomInfo.com

That's what happens when people who think they know it all stick their fingers in their ears and yell nananananana. They miss important, relevant information.
    Seriously?
    I am just glad that you weren't the CEO of BB at the time.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    08-13-13 02:06 PM
    tell us where the sp goes first, but regardless that stuff is your call
    Don't mind me - today's a crazy day. Nuts at work, nuts on stocks. Everything is cray.

Advanced apologies.
    silversun10 likes this.
    08-13-13 02:09 PM

Gahh
    I mentioned this idea earlier as well. Right now I find this is far beyond my risk tolerance. I'm affraid if I sell the SP will take off and I'll be out in the cold. I'm just going to hold onto my 362 shares and see what happens. Hopefully it continues moving north. If it makes it over the $16 mark I'll PROBABLY put in a stop at $15 so I don't take another loss. Still not sure about that either though....
    Compaqee likes this.
    08-13-13 02:12 PM
    Seriously?
    I am just glad that you weren't the CEO of BB at the time.
    I'll never be CEO of anything. Except my fantasy football league.

That said, the guy has a pretty good track record. Maybe smaller and more agile is better than bigger and better. RIMM/BBRY dominated the work world for quite a while.
    08-13-13 02:13 PM
    Wow.

Bloomberg reporting Icahn's position in Apple over $1B, Add last month.
    08-13-13 02:17 PM
    It drops almost to 1/3 of day-highs...even apple overtook us.
    08-13-13 02:30 PM
    ******* sell off!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    I mentioned this idea earlier as well. Right now I find this is far beyond my risk tolerance. I'm affraid if I sell the SP will take off and I'll be out in the cold. I'm just going to hold onto my 362 shares and see what happens. Hopefully it continues moving north. If it makes it over the $16 mark I'll PROBABLY put in a stop at $15 so I don't take another loss. Still not sure about that either though....
    Same boat my friend <3.
    ******* sell off!!
    sad panda

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sadpanda.jpg
    08-13-13 02:32 PM
113,256 ... 17101711171217131714 ...