View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You guys thought the media was harsh on BB before, man today everyone is saying BB is dead. Don't read Toronto Star

On a side note.
    Apple trouble with the 5s
    9020 the big 32meg camera phone has been marked down 2wks after launch on amazon
    HTC One is not selling well. All on BGR
    Kris ... you're not kidding about the media being harsh today. It makes me think that Blackberry is some kind of radical political party with an election around the corner. What's their motivation?
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    08-13-13 09:14 AM
    So is the SP today based on the news of BB going private or partnering or is it based on how they're doing with business?
    Hi lcjr!!!

Welcome back bud! You missed a decent rally yesterday as news came out that Prem Watsa stepped down from the board so as not to conflict with management decisions. He likely wants to take BlackBerry private with the help of some Canadian Pension Funds. The media have been all over this news by reducing most of BB's asset valuation down to silly levels. The target price for all assets is around a $ 14.00/shr average which is just plain stupid. Meanwhile, we'll see X-BBM launch in the next few weeks and finally get some colour on how well BES10 is doing along with the Q10 phone. The company chose a perfect time to stir up the media and shorts with some interesting talk about "other" options. They formed a "special committee" of the same people who sit on the board every day and the media fell for it!! LOL That's like four of us starting the exact same thread as Superfly created here, and calling it "new" and improved. The media went for it and managed to downside the value of BlackBerry over a matter of minutes.

Meanwhile, the stock is rallying because Prem, The Teachers Fund and CPP could be amassing a huge position in the stock here and shorts are going to a BBQ of their own. This is too much fun, we are heading into a Q2 with plenty of new products, news and a full quarter of multiple handset sales, you know, that hardware division that is worth less than a dollar to BlackBerry but the same one that produces over $ 232 in ASP to the bottom line? So now we know handsets aren't worth anything to BB because analysts told us so, we didn't meet their expectation in Q1 and therefore hardware is dead now.

Today we are right at the 50-dma ($ 11.09) which triggers buying from automatic fund allocation, many stocks would love to be over their 50-dma, like gold stocks, Apple, you know .... its a big deal. I'm looking for $ 12.50/shr in the days ahead, that's a good resting place while we wait for X-BBM to launch along with BB 10.2 which is a killer OS upgrade.

Here's the chart for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-13-2013-chart.jpg

The RSI is climbing hard here, we are heading for overbought territory but, it doesn't matter because this rally is the real deal, we can stay over bought for weeks. The stock is outside the Bollinger Bands for the third straight day and that is really bullish too. The gap that we made on June 28th is about to get filled and that's where we will play until the company announces several news events. Then there is poor Prem, he has to announce that he has gone over 10% in his holding so that's news in itself. On this board, we picked up some new trolls!!! Yes, they are here and we love them. Some followers have sold their position in BBRY because they don't follow TA, sad really, but that's okay too.

Look for us to play around at the important 50-dma here and set ourselves up for a REAL rally. Great news, the surprising part is the media who aren't going to cave in and admit they are so wrong on the valuation of this play. Handsets are valuable when it is called "BlackBerry" they just haven't figured it out yet. Any sign of subs exits slowing down or X-BBM growing like wildfire and we have ourselves a rally here. When the stock continues to climb, and the media call the company dead, you have the potential for some real upside here. I'm looking for it to be taken out at a new 52 week high, dirt cheap at that level, and if you have to ask "why" you aren't in the right game! LOL

Good luck and welcome back!
    08-13-13 09:17 AM
    Kris ... you're not kidding about the media being harsh today. It makes me think that Blackberry is some kind of radical political party with an election around the corner. What's their motivation?
    To sell newspapers. That's all.

Edit... and to sell advertising.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, bondary and 1 others like this.
    08-13-13 09:19 AM
    Somewhere in America, Miley Cyrus is still twerkin'

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-shot_130813_152225.png
    08-13-13 09:23 AM
    Wow, M+8 is in a good mood today.
    08-13-13 09:23 AM
    Somewhere in America, Miley Cyrus is still twerkin'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot_130813_152225.png 
Views:	579 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	192100
    I literally LOL'd in the office.
    Bilaal, bungaboy, Compaqee and 2 others like this.
    08-13-13 09:24 AM
    Starting to get kinda sorta boring in here.
    Can we please invite some trolls here today?

08-13-13 09:26 AM
    There is blood in the water, and yesterday BBRY started trashing around.

BlackBerry has been too quite about sales, which leads many to believe that they are not doing very good. Thor warned that these next few quarters would be tough because they would be spending a lot on promoting the new platform and launching additional new devices - all of which would eat into profits. But it has been expected that sales would slowly grow each quarter, and that the growth would surpass the legacy user losses - there are some indicators that is not happening.

Others are having problems - there in no doubt of that. But their problems are minor in comparison to the life and death issues facing BBRY right now.
    rarsen likes this.
    08-13-13 09:29 AM
    $11.46 @ 10:30. Now what?
    08-13-13 09:30 AM
    Try $11.55 @ 10:32 LoL
    08-13-13 09:32 AM
    $12 on TSX
    08-13-13 09:33 AM
    Good lord, SOMETHING must have happened today, this is looking like another 10% rally. 7.42% and it's just hit 10.30, the day hasn't even started
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-13-13 09:34 AM
    What just happened? I got to the can and we broke out? Lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    Keep rising no 10:30 dip today!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    Reply to Superfly:

You had me until you mentioned Apple. IMHO many on this board have invested for emotional reasons or they got caught up in this thread's hoopla and the technical approach to investing. For some BBRY is the only stock they own. Investing based on one's emotional attachment to a brand or product is not a good idea.

As a consumer I hope that Blackberry gets bought out by a company like Apple or MS that has deep pockets. Uncertainty of the viability of Blackberry has negatively affected sales.
    Therefore my "sorry" (because I always try to keep this personal feeling about aapl out of these pages). There's something I won't be part of: the apple anything.
    I'm 100% OT and you're perfectly right to point this out though; aapl or any deep pockets company could do it.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    Try to keep up here! ( $ 11.60/shr and climbing ........................)

We have some very important benchmarks to hit here and they are mostly aimed at shorts. It's fun to see the stock rally while the media box themselves into a $ 12 - $ 14 corner here. What will the media say when the stock bases out at their "projected" takeout price? Hilarious stuff going on today. Now watch the stock price for even more gains!!
    08-13-13 09:35 AM
    Managing the risk, managing the risk! Stops raised, BBRY has become the gift that keeps on giving...
    bkupris and take99 like this.
    08-13-13 09:36 AM
    Good lord, SOMETHING must have happened today, this is looking like another 10% rally. 7.42% and it's just hit 10.30, the day hasn't even started
    LOL they biought my MS theory !
    [just kidding]
    Try $11.55 @ 10:32 LoL
    Dude, you are starting to talk to yourself.
    Bilaal, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    Looks like we are stuck on the 50dma ($11.11)

May take some time to break through.
    Not anymore <3 =).
    Chris2J, Bugmapper, lcjr and 3 others like this.
    08-13-13 09:37 AM
    That damaged my credibility with my son.
    Since buying his first batch of stocks couple days ago, he had been asking me lots of questions. One of which was the 10:30 dip.
    I said "yeah, that's quite normal for BBRY." He said "will that happen again tomorrow daddy?" "Probably" I said.

Anyway, he (9 years old) set a goal of gaining 10% this year. He is happy that he had already reached that in two days - spoiled kid! LOL...
    08-13-13 09:37 AM
    I can't believe how stupid some shorts are. As a long bad news huts and the sp takes a huge hut right away. Short s get bad news and they have so much time to cover. If I was short I would of covered at open and went long. The smart shorts covered in the low $9 or below and went long like my banker buddy. Banker buddy keeps on adding. We should be at $14-15. Every short should be covering. Oh well its $11.71 so I guess if you are still short you can cover at a higher price

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 09:38 AM
    Looks like we are stuck on the 50dma ($11.11)

May take some time to break through.
    Not sure TA will help us much given the news cycle. We can look to key resistance levels maybe, but for now, NEWS seems to carry the day and the stock price.

Edit: Looks like +/- 13.00 and then,especially around 13.50 would be great to take out, though that might be asking too much right away?
    BlackistheBerry and m1a1mg like this.
    08-13-13 09:39 AM
    Hi lcjr!!!

Look for us to play around at the important 50-dma here and set ourselves up for a REAL rally. Great news, the surprising part is the media who aren't going to cave in and admit they are so wrong on the valuation of this play. Handsets are valuable when it is called "BlackBerry" they just haven't figured it out yet. Any sign of subs exits slowing down or X-BBM growing like wildfire and we have ourselves a rally here. When the stock continues to climb, and the media call the company dead, you have the potential for some real upside here. I'm looking for it to be taken out at a new 52 week high, dirt cheap at that level, and if you have to ask "why" you aren't in the right game! LOL

Good luck and welcome back!
    A REAL rally would be based on some positive indications that BBRY is making money or will be making money in the future. Not a knee jerk reaction because BBRY hints that they would like to go private, which cause those that are short to panic.
    08-13-13 09:39 AM
    Not sure TA will help us much given the news cycle. We can look to key resistance levels maybe, but for now, NEWS seems to carry the day and the stock price.
    News, and rumours !
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-13-13 09:40 AM
113,256 ... 17041705170617071708 ...