View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good morning gang!! Holy cow, what a pleasant surprise!! Wow, I have so many questions now after reading all the BB news but I'm sure everything will come out soon enough either in the media or on this thread. Here's to a great week gang.
    You missed all the fun. It's over now.

Good to see you back.
    08-13-13 08:38 AM
    Hmmm.... Panasonic eh?.... I wonder what their exposure to the mobile phone market is?
    I think I posted a link last week said they were getting out of the phone manufacturing business in Japan. If that helps.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-13-13 08:40 AM
    New BB 9720 is out:
    And it's touchscreen.... WTF? Not sure why but I find the fact that it's a touchscreen device to be quite strange...
    BlackBerry 9720 Touch Screen - 9720 Smartphone Specs & Features - UK
    Cuz it can be upgraded to BB10.... Surprise!
    morganplus8, Aham1984 and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 08:41 AM
    I think I posted a link last week said they were getting out of the phone manufacturing business in Japan. If that helps.

Maybe they want back in...
    08-13-13 08:41 AM
    Hmmm.... Panasonic eh?.... I wonder what their exposure to the mobile phone market is?
    News Republic

Panasonic to stop making new smartphones for NTT Docomo: Kyodo

Reuters

August-05-13 5:13 PM GMT

(Reuters) - Panasonic Corp has told NTT Docomo Inc it would stop supplying new smartphone models from this winter, Kyodo news service said, citing sources familiar with the matter.

Panasonic said in July that its mobile phone sales decreased sharply in the April-June quarter due partly to NTT Docomo's adoption of a new marketing strategy offering bigger discounts for smartphones made by Sony and Samsung, the two most popular models in Docomo's handset lineup.

NTT Docomo, Japan's largest mobile carrier, has said its marketing efforts this summer would be focused on two handsets made by Sony Corp's Xperia A and Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy S4.

NTT Docomo has effectively been the sole marketing channel for Panasonic's smartphones. The supply halt means that Panasonic will stop developing new smartphones, the news wire said.

Panasonic will continue smartphone production at its Malaysian factory for the time being, but will discontinue the operation if NTT Docomo stops placing orders for its smartphones, the sources said, Kyodo reported.

Panasonic's cellphone segment booked a group operating loss of 5.4 billion yen in the April-June period, the report said.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-13-13 08:42 AM
    Just to add fuel to the rumor pile.

Panasonic has a mobile phone division.

http://panasonic.net/products/mobile/

Maybe their interested in bbry. Although I think it's Prem who is looking to take it private.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 08:43 AM
    Good morning gang!! Holy cow, what a pleasant surprise!! Wow, I have so many questions now after reading all the BB news but I'm sure everything will come out soon enough either in the media or on this thread. Here's to a great week gang.
    You chose the wrong day to go MIA!
    Welcome back.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    08-13-13 08:43 AM
    Maybe they want back in...
    But once again QNX ≠ BB10.
    08-13-13 08:44 AM
    I believe it was announced a few days ago that they are exiting it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ne-market.html
    08-13-13 08:47 AM
    So is the SP today based on the news of BB going private or partnering or is it based on how they're doing with business?
    08-13-13 08:48 AM
    Not my point.

My only point was that I had not considered Panasonic as a potential partner. They already have a small relationship with BB through QNX Car, they may be a supplier of parts for some BB models (dunno) and their own mobile phone division was unsuccessful and could use BB as a quick way to reenter the market. 2+2 = possibility, that's all.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    08-13-13 08:49 AM
    Morning folks =).

She's rockin'!

Have a good day.
    08-13-13 08:50 AM
    So is the SP today based on the news of BB going private or partnering or is it based on how they're doing with business?
    All based on yesterday's announcement. Shorts covering and some getting in hoping for a premium offered for a buyout.
    m1a1mg and BergerKing like this.
    08-13-13 08:51 AM
    But wouldn't you agree that BB10 = QNX?
    08-13-13 08:53 AM
    Not my point.

My only point was that I had not considered Panasonic as a potential partner. They already have a small relationship with BB through QNX Car, they may be a supplier of parts for some BB models (dunno) and their own mobile phone division was unsuccessful and could use BB as a quick way to reenter the market. 2+2 = possibility, that's all.
    More like 1 +0 = 1...what they need is 1 + 10 = 11.

Posted via CB10
    You chose the wrong day to go MIA!
    Welcome back.
    Yeah, lately I've been so busy I don't even have time to check the SP. This Thursday I'll be heading up to Colorado Springs to look at houses so I'll be out most of the later half of this week again. Well, hopefully the SP keeps going up, but has any of the charts predicted high high or how long this run will last?
    Another upgrade-

BlackBerry Upgraded to Sector Outperform by Scotiabank (BBRY)

http://zolmax.com/blackberry-upgrade...nk-bbry/95279/
    08-13-13 08:56 AM
    All based on yesterday's announcement. Shorts covering and some getting in hoping for a premium offered for a buyout.
    That's what I thought. I was reading about how they would have to buy our shares back at an agreed price but didn't like the numbers shown. I can't remember where I read this but the estimated buyout price would be between $12 and $14??? If that's even close I'll be upset.
    08-13-13 08:57 AM
    More like 1 +0 = 1...what they need is 1 + 10 = 11.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, Panasonic has almost 300,000 employees ! Talk about labour costs.
    08-13-13 08:58 AM
    You guys thought the media was harsh on BB before, man today everyone is saying BB is dead. Don't read Toronto Star

On a side note.
    Apple trouble with the 5s
    9020 the big 32meg camera phone has been marked down 2wks after launch on amazon
    HTC One is not selling well. All on BGR
    08-13-13 09:03 AM
    Someone just raised the bar?

BlackBerry worth $20 per share or more ? CIBC

In addition to US$5.86 of cash per share on the balance sheet, US$4 per share for some 9,000 granted patents and 3,000 pending patents, and another US$1.31 per share for real estate holdings, analyst Todd Coupland thinks five years of the company?s services cash flow is worth another US$10 or so.

That assumes the number of BlackBerry?s subscribers falls to 56 million from 72 million and average revenue per user declines by 25%.

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/in...e-or-more-cibc
    08-13-13 09:04 AM
    That's what I thought. I was reading about how they would have to buy our shares back at an agreed price but didn't like the numbers shown. I can't remember where I read this but the estimated buyout price would be between $12 and $14??? If that's even close I'll be upset.
    It's all speculation at this point. I've heard everything from $6 to $21. There's no way shareholders would vote a yes for those kind of lows and it's all about how any suitor values BB's assets.
    bungaboy, lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 09:06 AM
    Looks like we are stuck on the 50dma ($11.11)

May take some time to break through.
    08-13-13 09:06 AM
    Looks like we are stuck on the 50dma ($11.11)

May take some time to break through.
    The key is the volume.
    Who are the buyers?
    I don't think it's the swing traders, which I would believe it was on a normal day.
    I do tend to take a LOT of risk whenever I play the swings, but right now, I don't even care to get close to a computer or log in to my trading account !
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-13-13 09:12 AM
    11 million + shorts traded yesterday.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 09:12 AM
113,256 ... 17031704170517061707 ...