View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    New BB 9720 is out:

New BlackBerry 9720 Smartphone Lets You Spark The Conversation - Yahoo! Finance

And it's touchscreen.... WTF? Not sure why but I find the fact that it's a touchscreen device to be quite strange...

BlackBerry 9720 Touch Screen - 9720 Smartphone Specs & Features - UK
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-13-13 07:48 AM
    New BB 9720 is out:

New BlackBerry 9720 Smartphone Lets You Spark The Conversation - Yahoo! Finance

And it's touchscreen.... WTF? Not sure why but I find the fact that it's a touchscreen device to be quite strange...

BlackBerry 9720 Touch Screen - 9720 Smartphone Specs & Features - UK
    Why not? I'm sure they're so cheap now. Every other newer BBOS 7 phone has had one.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-13-13 07:58 AM
    Everyone has problems at one time or another.

Fingerprint sensor woes could cut Q3 iPhone 5S shipments by 70%

BGR
    August-13-13 12:19 AM GMT

The iPhone 5S’s long-rumored fingerprint sensor is still apparently proving difficult to mass produce. Digitimes reports that Apple’s supply chain partners are still having major problems producing the next iPhone’s fingerprint scanner on a wide scale and that low yields of the sensor could cut iPhone 5S shipments in the third quarter from an expected 10 million to as little as 3 million. Low supplies of new Apple products are nothing new, of course, as last year both the iPad mini and iPhone 5 similarly faced production woes that limited their early supplies when they first hit the market.
    08-13-13 08:00 AM
    General information on phone manufacturing which can be complex. This one is iPhone mainly in China, but similarities with other brands giving food for thought.
    Infographic: where iPhones are manufactured, and why | SmartPlanet
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    08-13-13 08:01 AM
    Every single iphone launch has supply scare stories in the months til launch to create page hits.

Going back to BBRY - anyone seen a single article that picks up the "partnerships/joint ventures" angle? The narrative in the media is pretty much "it's over and they are selling up".
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 08:06 AM
    Yes Amazon is the best case, they have a Tablet that is doing well, they have a Songs, Movies, Book to sell thru they are basically Apple without the phones or in-roads to cell customers. This would be a perfect match and I pray it would happen.
    Amazon would be good, but I can't imagine they would stick with BB10. They've already committed to Android with their store. Also, Amazon looked at RIMM/BBRY before and didn't offer.
    08-13-13 08:08 AM
    Reply to Superfly:

You had me until you mentioned Apple. IMHO many on this board have invested for emotional reasons or they got caught up in this thread's hoopla and the technical approach to investing. For some BBRY is the only stock they own. Investing based on one's emotional attachment to a brand or product is not a good idea.

As a consumer I hope that Blackberry gets bought out by a company like Apple or MS that has deep pockets. Uncertainty of the viability of Blackberry has negatively affected sales.
    08-13-13 08:15 AM
    New SDK launches tomorrow. They're really hitting the date targets at least.

Discover what
    08-13-13 08:16 AM
    Good discussion with analyst as to the strategic buyers & options:
    BNN Video Player

Every single iphone launch has supply scare stories in the months til launch to create page hits.

Going back to BBRY - anyone seen a single article that picks up the "partnerships/joint ventures" angle? The narrative in the media is pretty much "it's over and they are selling up".
    08-13-13 08:18 AM
    Isn't the Q5 supposed to be launching in Canada today too?
    Not much being said about it today in the media coz of the other big story from yesterday.
    08-13-13 08:20 AM
    just so we keep eyes and ears open all around and we dont get blinded by what We would like to read and hear...

Requiem For BlackBerry - Forbes

this is well written piece and the fact of the matter is that the shareholders may Rejoice but depending of the outcome of this whole thing the users may feel betrayed or alienated with what Blackberry will become.

In the meantime ... lets go for 11,50 today !!! yeeehaaa ))
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-13-13 08:24 AM
    Not much being said about it today in the media coz of the other big story from yesterday.
    Today or the 14th? I have a fuzzy memory.
    08-13-13 08:24 AM
    just so we keep eyes and ears open all around and we dont get blinded by what We would like to read and hear...

Requiem For BlackBerry - Forbes

this is well written piece and the fact of the matter is that the shareholders may Rejoice but depending of the outcome of this whole thing the users may feel betrayed or alienated with what Blackberry will become.

In the meantime ... lets go for 11,50 today !!! yeeehaaa ))

Pretty much all of the analysis I've seen values the hardware side of the business of having a value of zero - so the real question is (if it doesn't go private) is do they sell off the services side piece-meal or as a job lot?
    08-13-13 08:26 AM
    It has launched.
    08-13-13 08:26 AM
    08-13-13 08:27 AM
    Any smart short should of covered by now and went long or they can wait and cover at a higher price. It's obvious BlackBerry will taken private or buyout or partner with another company or companies. Either way one of those scenarios is going to happen. It is also obvious it will be much higher then today's SP

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and plasmid_boy like this.
    08-13-13 08:27 AM
    Watch what happens at 09:30!
    BlackistheBerry, Bilaal and sidhuk like this.
    08-13-13 08:28 AM
    Would like to hear what people think about the release date for x-bbm.
    Would it be done ASAP to show value to the prospective partners with the growing number of downloads?
    If BlackBerry has confidence in x-bbm, wouldn't it want it out already, so that they can show more value of the company?
    08-13-13 08:31 AM
    Watch what happens at 09:30!
    Opened @ $11.00.

Now $11.17
    bkupris, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-13-13 08:33 AM
    Could possibly make for pleasant viewing again today
    08-13-13 08:34 AM
    Brian Blair on Bloomberg. Very interesting.

ZTE, Huawei Possible BlackBerry Buyers: Blair: Video - Bloomberg
    BergerKing likes this.
    Opened @ $11.00.

Now $11.17
    Did someone buy 1 million shares @ $11.20 or am I reading it wrong?
    Would like to hear what people think about the release date for x-bbm.
    Would it be done ASAP to show value to the prospective partners with the growing number of downloads?
    If BlackBerry has confidence in x-bbm, wouldn't it want it out already, so that they can show more value of the company?
    I honestly dont know whats the purpose behind announcing something and then take ages to get it out on the market. it does more bad than good.

having said that i strongly believe that x-bbm will be tremendous for Blackberry and regardless of the whole "Sale process" or whatever you want to call whats going on now it will benefit the company alot. From a strategic point of view it would make more sense to launch x-bbm make alot of noise and then initiate the process but it seems that someone is indeed at the droor...
    m1a1mg and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-13-13 08:36 AM
    Good morning gang!! Holy cow, what a pleasant surprise!! Wow, I have so many questions now after reading all the BB news but I'm sure everything will come out soon enough either in the media or on this thread. Here's to a great week gang.
    08-13-13 08:37 AM

Hmmm.... Panasonic eh?.... I wonder what their exposure to the mobile phone market is?
    bungaboy, sidhuk and fedakd like this.
    08-13-13 08:37 AM
113,250 ... 17021703170417051706 ...