View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    the only one I ever put on my ignore list was that fellow who shorted in the mid nines I believe a couple of weeks ago, he was super annoying. Wonder how that trade worked out for him?
    08-12-13 03:54 PM
    Keep in mind that the sale of the company is not going to cause a short squeeze. If someone buys BBRY at 18, then the shorts just pay 18, regardless of how many are shorted.
    sparkaction likes this.
    08-12-13 03:54 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-curse-chucky-cover.jpg

heads up on their next move.
    (promise it will be the last one for today. LOL)
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    08-12-13 03:57 PM
    Keep in mind that the sale of the company is not going to cause a short squeeze. If someone buys BBRY at 18, then the shorts just pay 18, regardless of how many are shorted.
    I don't think that's true. Shorts have to buy/cover.
    If someone buys at $18, then our shares go to this buyer at $18. But shorts still have to cover.
    Morgan+8 - maybe you can clarify how this works?
    08-12-13 04:00 PM
    Fairfax Financial Mulls Taking BBRY Private Fairfax mulls taking BlackBerry private - The Globe and Mail
    Shanerredflag and take99 like this.
    08-12-13 04:01 PM
    Last week TH was talking about his phased plan and more time. Today we are talking sale. Something is not adding up.

Posted via CB10
    One does not effect the other and visa versa.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:01 PM
    I don't know guys, I am somewhat worried and will probably be looking for an exit out of my position. I am pretty sure TH could give a rats *** about the shareholders best interests at this point. I mean look what BBRY did to the loyal playbook owners......

Don't look for a golden parachute in this stock, and definitely not in this market.
    08-12-13 04:03 PM
    Today is the sixth day of uptrend. 92 million in volume, and it closed at $10.78.

In terms of patterns, I don't see any definite pattern based on the news driven action. If anything, it plays in the support and resistance levels sideways so far (the horizontal orange and purple lines). The next resistance to break is $10.94. One could say that the chart shows a cup, and it is going to form a handle in the next few trading days, before a break out. I don't draw this on the chart, because the 1/4 of the cup is formed based on news, and the form of the cup is not that "normal" to me. And I have a feeling that the SP movement in the short term will be more news driven.

In terms of indicators, RSI on the daily chart is at 62, so we still have more room for upside. Stoch. RSI on the daily is overbought though, so it could cycle down soon, and the chart may show a handle forming for the cup, should this, actually, be a cup formation.

It seems to me that Blackberry has timed its news releases better since last week. For now, as Morgan mentioned, "When we get more information on the "proposal", the stock will make it largest gains so be patient and don't even look at it closely for a few more days."

Bullish interpretation:
    The stock broke multiple resistance lines in one day with volume, and it outside of the BB with green candle. The end of day dip below $10.75 support line showed a bounce to $10.78 with 1.12 million in buying volume--see the 1 minute chart. We have not seen this for a very long time. In mid day, Evercore upgraded BBRY rating to equal weight. Perhaps more upgrades will come.

Bearish interpretation:
    Anticipate retracements (red candles) on the SP as we did last week, but don't panic.

A question from me:
    How soon can Prem Watsa buy more shares, after resigning from the board?

1 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-12-4.29.10-pm.png

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-12-4.14.08-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-12-4.17.02-pm.jpg
    08-12-13 04:04 PM
    08-12-13 04:04 PM
    Fairfax Financial Mulls Taking BBRY Private Fairfax mulls taking BlackBerry private - The Globe and Mail
    Spinster article

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    08-12-13 04:05 PM
    I don't think that's true. Shorts have to buy/cover.
    If someone buys at $18, then our shares go to this buyer at $18. But shorts still have to cover.
    Morgan+8 - maybe you can clarify how this works?
    I understand you are looking for a M+8 response, but going private means that someone buys all the shares of a company at a certain price. I short would have to pay the agreed price and return the share to the broker, which they in turn give the owner of the company the shares.
    08-12-13 04:06 PM
    I don't know guys, I am somewhat worried and will probably be looking for an exit out of my position. I am pretty sure TH could give a rats *** about the shareholders best interests at this point. I mean look what BBRY did to the loyal playbook owners......

Don't look for a golden parachute in this stock, and definitely not in this market.
    If TH didn't care about the shareholders, I'm pretty sure there would be no announcement of going private and he would just wait and see how BB does next ER, knowing very well, it could be VERY VERY BAD.

A question from me:
    How soon can Prem Watsa buy more shares, after resigning from the board?
    This. I was thinking he would have added to his position today, but I guess there is a waiting point once you leave the board?

I really hope we can get into the mid teens within the next few weeks, preferably by September... If the company does indeed go through a sell, I hope it is in the 20's as I've stated before. Most here probably have prices in the 10-18 range anyways.
    08-12-13 04:08 PM
    MEH....I'm WAITING FOR 4.50....
    08-12-13 04:09 PM
    So, a little action today huh...hahaha, so happy the strong longs are getting their money back! Well done to everyone.
    08-12-13 04:14 PM
    What's fascinating to me is how BBRY stock price rises on rumor and drops on news. It proves the old adage of "buy on rumor, sell on news".

Before June 28, the shareholders who were long BBRY were all eagerly anticipating the quarterly earnings report. The thinking at the time was that the "shorts" had manipulated the price downward and when the real numbers were revealed, the price would rocket up to it's real value. Everyone was saying "just wait until the next earnings report" and the "shorts will lose their pants."

My question to those who are long BBRY: are you still eagerly awaiting the next earnings report?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-12-13 04:18 PM
    Last week TH was talking about his phased plan and more time. Today we are talking sale. Something is not adding up.

Posted via CB10
    Adds up perfectly, the CEO of an organisation always says the current plan is the correct plan... right til the point they ditch it, it's part of the job.
    08-12-13 04:18 PM

Toodles. Good luck.
    fedakd, cjcampbell, dusdal and 4 others like this.
    08-12-13 04:21 PM
    blackberry has been buy the rumour sell the news for the last 8 months at least, I was hoping at some point the 'news' would be good enough to affect the SP positively but it never happened. Such is life, you win some you lose some, and then some like to rub it in for no apparent reason....and no, I was actually dreading the next ER, soft BB10 sales + traditional soft summer sales + market for high end devices eroding + bes10 rollout just begun was going to be bad news for sure.

What's fascinating to me is how BBRY stock price rises on rumor and drops on news. It proves the old adage of "buy on rumor, sell on news".

Before June 28, the shareholders who were long BBRY were all eagerly anticipating the quarterly earnings report. The thinking at the time was that the "shorts" had manipulated the price downward and when the real numbers were revealed, the price would rocket up to it's real value. Everyone was saying "just wait until the next earnings report" and the "shorts will lose their pants."

My question to those who are long BBRY: are you still eagerly awaiting the next earnings report?
    08-12-13 04:25 PM
    blackberry has been buy the rumour sell the news for the last 8 months at least, I was hoping at some point the 'news' would be good enough to affect the SP positively but it never happened. Such is life, you win some you lose some, and then some like to rub it in for no apparent reason....and no, I was actually dreading the next ER, soft BB10 sales + traditional soft summer sales + market for high end devices eroding + bes10 rollout just begun was going to be bad news for sure.
    But this is not a rumour, it is a fact that they had formed this committee as they announced.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:40 PM

I'm not sure that "everyone" was saying that...the company's limited guidance was slight loss or break even, they pretty much achieved that. What I recall was several members looking past the 28th to Sept or even later for a better understanding of how they are really doing. I for one am looking forward to Dec as that ( in my mind) is the beginning of the "rest of the story"...either good or bad.
    08-12-13 04:41 PM
    Look at the shorts screaming today. The fact is a bidding war is going to erupt. Canadian pension plan and watsa is going to keep the Americans honest or NO BlackBerry for you. Also the rumour hasn't even started . What we have here is the buy on rumour and sell at the buy out price . Keep spinning shorts but you have to cover or pay the buy out price.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:43 PM
    The longs are spinning today hard. The only people who will benefit are the scavengers who bought when bbry was at deaths door. As these newcomers are cheering dont forget the real bbry supporters who bought at 20-30-40-100-140. Its beyond obnoxious to hear these people yammer about shorts when there are many out there beyond buried deep. The real longs.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-12-13 04:47 PM
    MEH....I'm WAITING FOR 4.50....
    oh i thought it was 4.61 based on a super precision analysis(aka pulling numbers from your.....)
    08-12-13 04:57 PM
    Why so angry Josh? Should of covered under $9? Thanks for the cheap calls I couldn't of done it without the shorts. The next few weeks should be fun

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and silversun10 like this.
    08-12-13 05:00 PM
    If you feed them . . . . . . they mutate.
    08-12-13 05:00 PM
113,256 ... 16971698169917001701 ...