View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry ignore all this. All wknd I was trying to see after hour shares and the Nasdaq kept reading Closed. So I looked up US holidays and today is one so I figured they must be closed today. With that in mind TSX would be at 11cdn today Nas still at Friday price so once Tuesday hit the Nas would shoot up fast, this then may cause another spike in TSX pushing TO up more. But that is all moot as there is no holiday today for the Nas. Sorry for long post
    Today is not a holiday in the US. The Nasdaq is open.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Halloran likes this.
    08-12-13 02:23 PM
    The Americans are going to steal yet again another Canadian company. Canada knows it has to insure they pay fair market value and keep the Americans honest. If not Canada will keep blackberry and take it private via CPP and/or teachers pension plan and or Watsa. It will be interesting who will be in the bidding war for blackberry.
    Sorry man, I'm just as patriotic as you, but I'm sick of the protectionist narrative we continue to play in Canada. In areas such as telecom and tech, it is a free market, let it play out.

We're seeing that play in telecom and how are we doing? We continue to get gouged.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    08-12-13 02:23 PM
    The lawyers are ALWAYS involved, especially if TH or Prem or any other insider is part of the group that may make an offer to take it private.
    Yes, they are involved, but you don't just stick them into press releases by name all that often.
    08-12-13 02:25 PM
    Hmm.. on another note, AAPL is about to break a key resistance level at 470. And they are rising on no solid news.

Could AAPL be one of the bidders? I am sure they cant wait to get their hands on BES10, now that someone else did all the work and secured their iphone.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    08-12-13 02:25 PM
    Is BlackBerry Too Big to Fail? - US News and World Report

I just liked the title. Maybe the Americans will get behind it like they did the auto sector (dreaming)
    OMGitworks, sidhuk and m0de25 like this.
    08-12-13 02:26 PM
    Look at the price action today and the pockets of high volume around 1:00, 2:15, and 3:00. SP goes up at each pocket, and each intraday dip is bought up. There is a big buyer in the market.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:27 PM
    Hmm.. on another note, AAPL is about to break a key resistance level at 470. And they are rising on no solid news.

Could AAPL be one of the bidders? I am sure they cant wait to get their hands on BES10, now that someone else did all the work and secured their iphone.
    They are rising because it was reported that the new iPhone is happening on Sept 10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:27 PM
    well, seems like we're not going to see a certain shadowy figure get in at $4.50 anytime soon.......
    Where is that troll hiding?
    08-12-13 02:28 PM
    How does it work with prem? I remember before someone said he bought all the shares he is allowed too. And today someone said now hes going to buy more that he has left the board. Can an individual/company buy as many shares as they want on the open market?
    I don't recall how this works exactly, but in the US if you get to a certain threshold (I think 5%) you must make a public announcement as you accumulate more. And if you want to buy out control of the company you have to also announce that (I think). Basically you can't sneakily acquire shares when you want to take over a company because if you are buying control you should (and will) pay a control premium.

Schedule 13D

Schedule 13D is commonly referred to as a “beneficial ownership report.” The term "beneficial owner" is defined under SEC rules. It includes any person who directly or indirectly shares voting power or investment power (the power to sell the security).

When a person or group of persons acquires beneficial ownership of more than 5% of a voting class of a company’s equity securities registered under Section 12 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, they are required to file a Schedule 13D with the SEC. (Depending upon the facts and circumstances, the person or group of persons may be eligible to file the more abbreviated Schedule 13G in lieu of Schedule 13D.)

Schedule 13D reports the acquisition and other information within ten days after the purchase. The schedule is filed with the SEC and is provided to the company that issued the securities and each exchange where the security is traded. Any material changes in the facts contained in the schedule require a prompt amendment. The schedule is often filed in connection with a tender offer.
    08-12-13 02:31 PM
    Sorry man, I'm just as patriotic as you, but I'm sick of the protectionist narrative we continue to play in Canada. In areas such as telecom and tech, it is a free market, let it play out.

We're seeing that play in telecom and how are we doing? We continue to get gouged.
    I think the protectionism comes from our patriotic need to see a Canadian success and also how many Canadian companies were bought or controlled by US companies and later resulting in job losses or plant closures when times get tough and the need to protect US jobs more than Canadian ones. There have been multiple instances. I can think of two in my own back yard. TRW and Stelco bought by US Steel and for all intense and purposes shut down.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-12-13 02:31 PM

Free market? where were you during the stock market crash of 2008-2009? I wish we had free markets.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:34 PM
    It happens over and over and over in Canada. The larger players in the US and other countries can manipulate the markets and take over companies, whereas Canadian companies cannot throw that kind of weight around, so, over time our corporations end up getting absorbed.

Edit.. and I don't mean the stock markets, I mean the actual market for goods and services.
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-12-13 02:34 PM

Be careful . . . . . ROFL.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1632274-capncnck.jpg
    08-12-13 02:37 PM
    The Americans are going to steal yet again another Canadian company. Canada knows it has to insure they pay fair market value and keep the Americans honest. If not Canada will keep blackberry and take it private via CPP and/or teachers pension plan and or Watsa. It will be interesting who will be in the bidding war for blackberry.
    Steal or rescue??? Enough with the American baiting. It is bad enough when you blame the shorts for cancer, famine and genocide. Now Americans steal and are dishonest?

If anything at all happens, my bet is a Canadian consortium takes BBRY private. Will you be happy then.
    08-12-13 02:37 PM
    Yay Money...

On another note maybe this is a secret PR stunt to **** over the short sellers. Who knows... no one does so everyone keep calm and keeping making money.
    08-12-13 02:41 PM
    An announcement after market close would be legendary

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, sidhuk, m0de25 and 1 others like this.
    08-12-13 02:44 PM
    They are rising because it was reported that the new iPhone is happening on Sept 10.
    AAPL is also undergoing a share buy back.
    Bugmapper, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-12-13 02:44 PM
    Looks like the day will end with close to 20% of all shares changing hands (US+CDA). It's playing out just as M+8 told us last week. The buyers are trying hard to grab as many shares as possible while the stock is still dirt cheap so they will only have to pay top dollar to the few hold-outs (that would be Morgan, myself and hopefully a lot of you). I wanted to buy more this morning but then I remembered I already own enough to cause a divorce. It's going to get really exciting once the first offer hits the table.
    08-12-13 02:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    "After a careful considerations of all our options on the table, we have decided to sell to Samsung".

Mind blown. lol
    08-12-13 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, around 9:30 this morning they got a call from Sony.... "Sure we'll take everything you got for $20/share... ok?" Thorsten..."Ok... deal." Hangs up phone. "Barbara! where is that guy that writes our press releases? Tell him to get back in here.... NOW!"
    08-12-13 02:51 PM
    "BlackBerry sells to newly formed tech firm Research In Motion Ltd."

It's coming...that would be the real market = mind blown
    leafs123, dusdal, m0de25 and 4 others like this.
    08-12-13 02:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    It would be nice but it will likely not be today or this week so that they can announce out of the blue a buyer can out of the wood works. This will also give any shorts time to buy back at current levels before getting squeezed. This way no short can claim "entrapment".
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 02:54 PM
    Yeah, around 9:30 this morning they got a call from Sony.... "Sure we'll take everything you got for $20/share... ok?" Thorsten..."Ok... deal." Hangs up phone. "Barbara! where is that guy that writes our press releases? Tell him to get back in here.... NOW!"
    "......And while you're at it, Barbara, please inform the laundromat down the street to stay open 24/7 this week. We expect them to do good business cleaning large shipments of very dirty shorts! "
    08-12-13 02:56 PM
    Hey, where is LC? He's missin all the fun.
    08-12-13 02:57 PM
    If they can stagger announcements daily to get us to $14 soon, I'm cool with it!
    08-12-13 02:58 PM
113,256 ... 16951696169716981699 ...