View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like they didn't get the Q10 sales that they were hoping for. I mean, why would you put yourself up for sale, or try to go private if you had good numbers to report on the next ER? Looks like the SP better rise as fast as it can, because around ER time, we could be looking at another bummer of report.
    Pretty sure TH has already stated they don't expect to be profitable next Q. Unfortunate, but atleast it won't come as a shocker... December and onward is the time to shine!
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 10:29 AM
    One in a trillion chance is still a chance and pretty good one.
    08-12-13 10:31 AM
    M+8 are you writing up something for all of us ?
    sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 10:32 AM
    M+8 are you writing up something for all of us ?
    I think he is busy negotiating with the board to buy the company.
    08-12-13 10:34 AM
    Pretty sure TH has already stated they don't expect to be profitable next Q. Unfortunate, but atleast it won't come as a shocker... December and onward is the time to shine!
    Will you explain why?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 10:35 AM
    I would think that part of the reason for this move is that sales have been significantly worse than they projected for next quarter and this is an attempt to get in a buyer before bb10 shifts from 'maybe' to 'no way'.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-13 10:36 AM
    Will you explain why?
    The cross platform BBM and BES10. If those don't generate enough revenue (and sales are still sinking in the hardware and BB is not profitable) than BB is in a bigger hole. December ER might even be a bit early, March may be a worthwhile wait. However, if BB is still not profitable and they are in their so called Phase 3, I'm out.
    08-12-13 10:39 AM
    Time look up GSSTATCOUNTER report? To lighten up the mood.
    08-12-13 10:48 AM
    Rumours - I just got a report that Prem was seen just a few minutes ago entering a restaurant with M+8. The word on the street (just outside the restaurant) is that they are going to take BB private with an $18.00 offer.
    08-12-13 10:50 AM
    I think he is busy negotiating with the board to buy the company.
    Small world, you never know. Have seen this before. Nothing is impossible. Like one in a trillion example.
    08-12-13 10:51 AM
    Time look up GSSTATCOUNTER report? To lighten up the mood.
    Hilarious... I was just doing that.
    08-12-13 10:52 AM
    Hilarious... I was just doing that.
    Should apologize to him for false alarm. LoL. Cost of traveling time will be pending.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 10:57 AM
    I would think that part of the reason for this move is that sales have been significantly worse than they projected for next quarter and this is an attempt to get in a buyer before bb10 shifts from 'maybe' to 'no way'.

This is actually a good point. I am worried that we could see another big dip next ER... Couldn't see myself relaxed if we fell 30% again.
    08-12-13 10:59 AM
    'Built to make your business unstoppable'. They seem to be shifting their marketing a bit lately away from the keep moving campaign. I like this better, its more directly targetted. As for todays news, it is apparent to me that sales are not doing well and that this fact has prompted them to act this way. Imho at least it should give some of us longs who are underwater to exit or at least reduce our positions with a less stomach churning loss or even a small profit potentially. At this point I am ok with that.
    08-12-13 11:18 AM
    I think Samsung would make an offer. Because -

1. They own most components that go inside a smartphone. From cpu to memory. They can produce devices very cheaply and yet make profit.

2. Their Tizen OS is unlikely to gain traction. With acquisition or partnership with BlackBerry, they can get a headstart; and reduce their reliance on Android. Not only that, but QNX/BlackBerry 10 is (from what I have heard) far superior to Tizen and already has very many apps. Samsung can easily kill Tizen and replace it with (almost mature) BlackBerry 10 OS.

3. This gives them entry into many govt and security concious customers.

4. With Samsung's money/marketing and existing relationships with carrier partners, they can push sales of Samsung-Berry devices easily. They were very effective in countering Apple iPhone ads.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    emtunc, sidhuk, Kid Vibe and 3 others like this.
    08-12-13 11:19 AM
    @chrysaurora...I wish of the same.
    08-12-13 11:21 AM

1. They own most components that go inside a smartphone. From cpu to memory. They can produce devices very cheaply and yet make profit.

2. Their Tizen OS is unlikely to gain traction. With acquisition or partnership with BlackBerry, they can get a headstart; and reduce their reliance on Android. Not only that, but QNX/BlackBerry 10 is (from what I have heard) far superior to Tizen and already has very many apps. Samsung can easily kill Tizen and replace it with (almost mature) BlackBerry 10 OS.

4. With Samsung's money/marketing and existing relationships with carrier partners, they can push sales of Samsung-Berry devices easily. They were very effective in countering Apple iPhone ads.

Then watch the reverse ferret as many members of the board overnight go from 'Samsung makes plastic rubbish' to 'Samsung the best company in the world'.

Kid Vibe likes this.
    08-12-13 11:25 AM
    What the heck. Here it goes.
    Blackberry's USA web traffic is increasing, according to gsstatcounter.
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    And i am off to the gym.
    08-12-13 11:26 AM
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    And i am off to the gym.
    candyman, candyman, candyman!

Bugmapper, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 11:27 AM
    And i am off to the gym.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-3shkxw.jpg
    08-12-13 11:28 AM

I can see that haters spin now.

Samsung = Samdung + BlackBerry = DungBerry
    m0de25, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 11:28 AM
    And i am off to the gym.
    Like . . . . . . "Dine 'N Dash" . . . . . kinda sorta.

Well here's to Goin' Bogus.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 11:31 AM
    I can see that haters spin now.

Samsung = Samdung + BlackBerry = DungBerry
    Wouldn't that be Blackdung ? Ew.
    anon(4086547) and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 11:31 AM
    Seems like nobody has a windows phone. But it doesn't matter windows will continue to poor money in it.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 11:40 AM
    One in a trillion? Have you had your coffee yet?
    The head of the Canadian Pension Plan has already publically stated that he would like to get in on the action of taking it private. As I considered the go private move over the weekend, I came to the conclusion that it would probably be the smartest move for all involved given the current circumstances.
    We, as shareholders, would see some nice profit (if we can be patient and hold our shares). The shorts will get squeezed. The company gets to step away from the media pit bulls while they still have some goodwill value to the name. The investors that take it private will see it go public again in two years and double or triple their money.
    What's not to like?
    Prem had to step off the board because he wants to act as an arms length shareholder to get the best value deal for his shares.
    I never said i dont like it going private. i said i see it extremely unlikely taking everything into consideration.

I actually think it may be very beneficial to us loyalists of the brand as a matter of fact for the company to go private but could be a bad scenario for shareholders as the premium paid for de-listing is usually small and on suppressed prices.
    08-12-13 11:40 AM
113,256 ... 16911692169316941695 ...