View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Back from vacation to this news. Great news in my book, but only a 60 cent pop, for now, is very disappointing. You are not going to get a short squeeze for that and many of us in at $15 need a much bigger ride up. Prem getting off isn't a positive or negative yet, we need to know why. Good news is I think he has a hard time doing anything under $17 per share, but we shall see. Hold on tight it could be a volatile, wild ride!
    08-12-13 08:35 AM
    I think it's sorted now, showing green up 5%

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 08:36 AM
    now they have a product in the BB10 platform, they want to leverage the product and obviously they figured BB does not have the resources to do it on their own. and so now they are looking for some outside help, to make a splash in the market. if somebody wants to play, we will find out soon enough. initially looks good, in the end depends what they will come up with of course.
    Bilaal you asked ... thanks Silversun for answering ! (add some stange facial expression every time I discussed with BB French officials lately ... again: NOTHING but a feeling).

Have to leave ... damm ... when action starts ! CU later guys
    08-12-13 08:37 AM
    Prem has said this is a $40 company.

If an offer comes in at $20, he may not be able to counter offer since he is on the board. Maybe he left the board so he can buy the company if an offer isn't high enough.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:40 AM
    A 100% premium to current share value is very, very unlikely. We would need a run up or bidding war or someone who is willing to seriously over pay to get to $20. Prem has a fiduciary duty to his Fairfax folks not to overpay.
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-12-13 08:45 AM
    Anyone else's Stock for BlackBerry 10 app showing BBRY down? Even though it's showing at $10.49

Posted via CB10
    Nope

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    08-12-13 08:49 AM
    Prem has said this is a $40 company.

Prem cam say what he wants. It isn't a 40 dollar company

Posted via CB10

08-12-13 08:51 AM
    A 100% premium to current share value is very, very unlikely. We would need a run up or bidding war or someone who is willing to seriously over pay to get to $20. Prem has a fiduciary duty to his Fairfax folks not to overpay.
    all you need is two motivated buyers, to run up the price, might not happen, but once an auction gets going you don't know how high it ends
    08-12-13 08:54 AM

Prem already said it is worth more than $20. He could probably do $30 anyways.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:57 AM
    This announcement could result is something less than the sale of the entire company. It could result in the sale of its hardware division only. A possibility not really discussed here.
    fedakd and Bacon Munchers like this.
    08-12-13 08:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    In the end, it's the boards responsibility to recommend accepting or not the offer and for shareholders to independently vote to agree or disagree with the board's recommendation.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    08-12-13 09:00 AM
    If Fairfax is doing a deal, can they accumulate stock at $10.50 for days.... or are they limited to 10%?
    Thanks
    08-12-13 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I hope so, 25, 30 even 20 would be great, but he could do a straight tender offer at $17 or even $20 and easily get enough shares to control the company. He is not going to overpay and the Fairfax investors will (and should) scream bloody murder if he tries to.

More likely, Prem may be getting off because he knows any offer will be under his $17 a share basis. If this happens how can he vote on an offer that is good for BBRY but will cost him 10 or 100's of millions of dollars.

While I hope for 20-30, it is much more realistic to expect any offer to be in the 12-14 range given the current stock price.
    m1a1mg and Bacon Munchers like this.
    08-12-13 09:04 AM
    This announcement could result is something less than the sale of the entire company. It could result in the sale of its hardware division only. A possibility not really discussed here.
    What is the long-term value of the hardware division? I don't understand who would want it?
    08-12-13 09:07 AM
    Shorts are going crazy out there on the net spinning, twisting and making up any distorted reasoning they can think of. They are scared now and you can smell it.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 09:08 AM
    Managing the trade... sold a portion on Friday, stops raised again this morning. Can't go wrong w/ a risk free trade at this point.
    08-12-13 09:09 AM
    Those who are short will be looking to cover. They just neef sellers or the sp goes through the roof.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-12-13 09:10 AM
    What is the long-term value of the hardware division? I don't understand who would want it?
    Not a brand as we know it (Sam, Sony, ...) but a manufacturer could, IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 09:11 AM
    CREDIT SUISSE: Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Huawei or private equity most likely buyer for $BBRY. $AMZN $FB $MSFT.

BNN reporter on twitter.
    08-12-13 09:12 AM
    I'm jumping back in - looks like things are starting to line up. I'm going to try and trade a portion of my position to lock in profits more frequently and leave another portion long.

It seems that Prem's pull off the board is to remove his conflict of interest should he initiate a position to take BB private. Good news is, Looks like mid-teens is imminent.

Cheers,
    08-12-13 09:12 AM
    Shorts are going crazy out there on the net spinning, twisting and making up any distorted reasoning they can think of. They are scared now and you can smell it.

Posted via CB10
    50 cents on a 10 dollar stock that was $15.00 2 months ago isn't worrying them... yet. You are vastly overstating the fear. Unfortunately, this kind of news should have given us a 2.00+ boost but we only got 50 cents...so far....
    m1a1mg and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 09:13 AM
    I'm jumping back in - looks like things are starting to line up. I'm going to try and trade a portion of my position to lock in profits more frequently and leave another portion long.

It seems that Prem's pull off the board is to remove his conflict of interest should he initiate a position to take BB private. Good news is, Looks like mid-teens is imminent.

Cheers,
    This is why shorts are running around scared. Prem stepping off the board is very telling. The next two weeks will be interesting

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Compaqee and 1 others like this.
    08-12-13 09:14 AM

Cheers,
    Respectfully, we have no idea why Prem got off the Board. Not even a hint. When major investors get off a board it is usually not to buy it. Take a look at Dell and what is going on there between Michael Dell and Icahn for how it usually plays out. They stay on the board and fight and litigate.
    Compaqee likes this.
    08-12-13 09:15 AM
    Respectfully, we have no idea why Prem got off the Board. Not even a hint. When major investors get off a board it is usually not to buy it. Take a look at Dell and what is going on there between Michael Dell and Icahn for how it usually plays out. They stay on the board and fight and litigate.
    Thanks for the point out...hmm. I've taken a less risky position this time around in terms of size but I've added my position.

Appreciate the point out, I'll look into how other mergers/buyouts work. Do you have any thoughts on why Prem might have left the board? Is he maybe jumping ship =S?
    OMGitworks and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 09:20 AM
    This is why shorts are running around scared. Prem stepping off the board is very telling. The next two weeks will be interesting

Posted via CB10
    Telling of what? The company about to hit a total freefall? Fairfax prob write this position off long ago like everyine else. Prem no dummy. He can read writing on walls too.

BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 09:20 AM
113,256 ... 16891690169116921693 ...