View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Read my lips (cause I cannot really say it - nothing to back it up) : Microsoft.
    In the meantime, we're back well above $10 !
    !!! Action, ladies and gentlemen !!!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-12-13 at 08:34 AM.
    m0de25, Bilaal, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    08-12-13 07:50 AM
    We need a veteran investor to decipher what this all means, such as time frame and if Prem leaving the board is an important tea leaf that we need to read? Anyone know of another company making this type of announcement and the resulting outcome?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 07:54 AM
    Yeah but let's be clear about this - we will all make money but I doubt any of us will find a blackberry handset to buy come 2014/2015...
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-12-13 07:54 AM
    Reas my lips (cause I cannot really say it - nothing to back it up) : Microsoft.
    In the meantime, we're back well above $10 !
    !!! Action, ladies and gentlemen !!!
    Lol, how you gonna say something like that and not elaborate?
    08-12-13 07:55 AM
    Yeah but let's be clear about this - we will all make money but I doubt any of us will find a blackberry handset to buy come 2014/2015...
    I was thinking the same this morning. More and more likely. I will continue to use my Z10 to the end anyways.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 07:55 AM
    Bittersweet symphony.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-12-13 07:58 AM
    Well now....this is an interesting Monday morning isn't it?

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-12-13 07:59 AM
    He bought call options so he should be doing just fine.
    Yup. That's what I meant.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 07:59 AM
    I just wanna see that "10%" in green today, something about that number 10 that gets me excited
    08-12-13 08:00 AM
    We need a veteran investor to decipher what this all means, such as time frame and if Prem leaving the board is an important tea leaf that we need to read? Anyone know of another company making this type of announcement and the resulting outcome?
    if Prem is planning to take BB private it would be a conflict of interest for him to be on the board. fwiw.
    bungaboy, kfh227, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    08-12-13 08:03 AM
    I was thinking the same this morning. More and more likely. I will continue to use my Z1030 to the end anyways.
    FIFY
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 08:05 AM
    Hi All,

Been away for a while, licking my wounds and taking a vacation after the last quarterly results. Let's hope for a good day, and some interesting followup news in the near future.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 08:06 AM
    Guys, don't expect some done deal immediately.. We're shareholders and we need to vote on anything that's proposed.

And Prem leaving the board is straightforward if he has any interest in a possible deal, in any form. Conflict of Interest isn't rocket science and he's simply doing what he has to... and anyone who didn't think Prem wouldn't want to be involved in such a deal is clueless. That part of the news, isn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:11 AM
    So we're basically at the opening level after the last ER.
    08-12-13 08:12 AM
    now they have a product in the BB10 platform, they want to leverage the product and obviously they figured BB does not have the resources to do it on their own. and so now they are looking for some outside help, to make a splash in the market. if somebody wants to play, we will find out soon enough. initially looks good, in the end depends what they will come up with of course.
    Superfly_FR and BergerKing like this.
    08-12-13 08:13 AM
    Will this cause a pop/short squeeze or the opposite? I'm so confused right now. Excited aswell

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:16 AM
    Will this cause a pop/short squeeze or the opposite? I'm so confused right now. Excited aswell

Posted via CB10
    I would be extremely pissed off if shares were to drop right now especially popping up to a peak of 8% in PM
    08-12-13 08:18 AM
    now they have a product in the BB10 platform, they want to leverage the product and obviously they figured BB does not have the resources to do it on their own. and so now they are looking for some outside help, to make a splash in the market. if somebody wants to play, we will find out soon enough. initially looks good, in the end depends what they will come up with of course.
    You have to be realistic, the signal this sends is that BB10 is not ramping - this is not going to lead anyone to want to partner - buy and asset-strip or retreat into services only - yes but partner to spends hundreds of millions if not billions trying to compete against Samsung, Apple and Microsoft? It's just not going to happen.

It will be takeover or nothing.
    08-12-13 08:19 AM
    Keep screaming shorts. If you haven't covered you are fooling yourself

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:21 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Sale? PE Firms Not Interested Says UBS

UBS is of the opinion that private equity firms have little interest and suggests that BlackBerry may be better off monetizing their IP assets.

News outlets are suggesting that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) is warming up to the idea of going private. While that may be so, many experts assign a low probability to this outcome given the transitional challenges to BB10 as sales have been weak (according to many), accelerating sub losses, increasing competition in the high end, and an eroding cash cushion ($3b) for BlackBerry Ltd

Amitabh Passi and James F. Hillier of UBS do not sound too enthusiastic about the news. In a new report they note that as they have written before, working capital (WC), which was a source of cash ahead of BB10, would turn to a use of cash as inventories ramp and write-downs follow.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) Software/Services strategy makes sense but it appears too late

UBS wrote ~2 years ago that the right strategy for BBRY was to focus on software and services, with an emphasis on MDM and porting its apps (email, calendar, messaging) to other platforms (iOS, Android). While BBRY is now headed in that direction, it seems late to us given the competitive MDM market. BBRY still has the adv. of an installed base it can leverage, but the cost of client retention will be high. UBS doesn’t think PE firms would be interested given the challenges facing the company.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) Alternative course is to monetize IP/assets

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) may be better off monetizing its IP/assets, and our best assessment has been that the IP is worth $1-2b. Add in cash of $2b (normalizing for some use) and other assets and they believe fair value is ~$10/share. The longer BBRY waits the more the cash cushion erodes. UBS is also seeing greater push form Apple (iOS 7) and Samsung (with KNOX) in enterprises, creating further challenges for BlackBerry Ltd
    08-12-13 08:25 AM
    Anyone else's Stock for BlackBerry 10 app showing BBRY down? Even though it's showing at $10.49

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:26 AM
    You have to be realistic, the signal this sends is that BB10 is not ramping - this is not going to lead anyone to want to partner - buy and asset-strip or retreat into services only - yes but partner to spends hundreds of millions if not billions trying to compete against Samsung, Apple and Microsoft? It's just not going to happen.

It will be takeover or nothing.
    of course we will find out, you don't know that
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-12-13 08:26 AM
    Anyone else's Stock for BlackBerry 10 app showing BBRY down? Even though it's showing at $10.49

Posted via CB10
    Because it's pulling from Google Finance, which is currently messed up. I'm getting the same on the web. Only nasdaq is accurate at the moment.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 08:28 AM
    Looks like the shorts are screaming with their "opinion " articles. Lol greedy pigs get slaughtered shorts

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-13 08:30 AM
    Because it's pulling from Google Finance, which is currently messed up. I'm getting the same on the web. Only nasdaq is accurate at the moment.
    Yahoo Finance is the same.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-12-13 08:31 AM
113,256 ... 16881689169016911692 ...