View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I know sometimes that copy and paste will give us a wall of text post, and sometimes I'll edit them so that I can read 'em without brain lock.
    And my old tired eyes thank you fer doin' it!
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-11-13 10:53 AM
    I know sometimes that copy and paste will give us a wall of text post, and sometimes I'll edit them so that I can read 'em without brain lock.
    LoL, it wasn't my English. I just quoted. Phewf!
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-11-13 11:39 AM
    what is this Guy's Problem? he has been pretty vocal supporter of blackberry on BBN all along but turned against blackberry just 3 days before June 28th.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Canada Pension Plan Investment Board To Take BlackBerry Private? - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-11-13 11:44 AM
    LoL, it wasn't my English. I just quoted. Phewf!
    Oh, it's not a problem, it's just that little extra something I see that I don't mind helping with. I know a lot of folks that will look at a post that is all together and go 'no'. Copy and paste will jumble things up like this, and rather get frustrated or watch folks get irritated, I just make some spaces and it's all good. I support members and the site to the best of my abilities, and work to improve it daily.
    08-11-13 01:09 PM
    Interesting article linked from the other one above.:

Updated: Sun, Aug 11 2013. 08 44 PM IST: When Redington (India) Ltd announced last September that it had added iPhone to the list of products it will distribute for Apple Inc. in India, investors cheered the news. They weren’t far off the mark—sales of iPhones in India jumped 400% year-on-year in the June quarter off a low base, and even grew on a sequential basis. Even so, Redington’s shares have declined by about 25% since September, and by 39% year-till-date.

What gives? While it’s true that iPhones have done well, the decline in sales of BlackBerry phones, another product the company distributes, has been steep. What’s more, Redington’s profit margin (net of marketing expenses) for Apple phones is lower than that for BlackBerry products. With the product mix changing significantly in the company’s mobile phones segment, profit margins in the last two quarters have been lower than investors’ expectations.

Besides the impact on profit margins, Redington’s overall sales have also been affected by the slowdown in the domestic economy, which, in turn, has hit sales of IT products such as computers.
    Redington India: Slump in BlackBerry sales offsets gains from iPhones - Livemint

Redington India is a national level distributor for BlackBerry smartphones. Blackberry had around 1.5 million subscribers in India
    RIM partners with Redington for retail sales of BlackBerry phones | Know Your Mobile India
    08-11-13 01:32 PM
    He had inside information on sales #s, that is my honest opinion. To go from being a devout BlackBerry supporter, to extremely bearish just a few days before the Q1 report is extremely suspicious.

what is this Guy's Problem? he has been pretty vocal supporter of blackberry on BBN all along but turned against blackberry just 3 days before June 28th.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Canada Pension Plan Investment Board To Take BlackBerry Private? - Seeking Alpha
    08-11-13 02:36 PM
    He had inside information on sales #s, that is my honest opinion. To go from being a devout BlackBerry supporter, to extremely bearish just a few days before the Q1 report is extremely suspicious.
    He got some inside information and then he blogged about it? That doesn't make any sense.

I don't know this guy's history but if it's true that he's a Blackberry supporter and yet managed to correctly determine the direction of the stock without letting his prior biases affect him, then that call of his is worthy of much respect.
    08-11-13 02:58 PM
    08-11-13 04:23 PM
    since when can't people change their mind without insider info. i don't even know who you are talking about, but your reasoning falls short. the guy might have been lucky, he might have been stupid, he might have had intuition, he might have had insider info(what are the chances though?), he might have changed his mind for any reason. if you don't know why, don't even mention it.
    08-11-13 04:27 PM
    since when can't people change their mind without insider info. i don't even know who you are talking about, but your reasoning falls short. the guy might have been lucky, he might have been stupid, he might have had intuition, he might have had insider info(what are the chances though?), he might have changed his mind for any reason. if you don't know why, don't even mention it.
    He is allowed to express his opinion, hunches, thoughts as you and we all are. No need of the spankin' is there?
    08-11-13 04:40 PM
    Whatever it's worth.

Shares of BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) was the recipient of some unusual options trading on Friday. Investors purchased 98,069 call options on the stock, Stock Ratings Network.com reports. This represents an increase of approximately 300% compared to the typical daily volume of 24,514 call options.
    rarsen, BlackistheBerry and sidhuk like this.
    08-11-13 04:41 PM
    He is allowed to express his opinion, hunches, thoughts as you and we all are. No need of the spankin' is there?
    if that is what you call it. i guess there was...i said he was wrong, i didn't say he was not allowed to be wrong...
    08-11-13 05:03 PM
    BSNL, MTNL given time till September 30 for BlackBerry interception - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: State-run BSNL and MTNL, which have missed three deadlines to ensure real-time interception of BlackBerry services, have now been given time till September 30 to come up with a solution.

BlackBerry services were termed as security threat at one point of time by security agencies as they were unable to decode the communication made through devices and systems.

BlackBerry finally placed a server in Mumbai for interception of its consumer services. Private operators, except Sistema Shyam, have implemented solution for interception.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-11-13 05:39 PM
    Lets hit the 13 this week lol
    08-11-13 05:48 PM
    LoL, "The Guy From Greece" writes another positive article about Blackberry.
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-11-13 06:14 PM
    LoL, No way. this is gonna make some people to comment. 4, 3, 2, 1............
    BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Out-Selling Samsung Galaxy S4 in South Korea | The Gadget Masters
    rarsen, dusdal, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-11-13 06:16 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Out-Selling Samsung Galaxy S4 in South Korea | The Gadget Masters
    After reading this some people are Goin' Berserk I bet.

To quote a seasoned veteran in here "5....4....3..."
    08-11-13 07:02 PM
    Even I call bs on that !

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    08-11-13 07:03 PM
    Well lookey here . . . .

Do ordinary citizens make better magistrates?

MARCUS GEE
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Friday, Aug. 09 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
    Last updated Friday, Aug. 09 2013, 7:25 PM EDT

There are no wigs, robes or “m’luds” in my friend Tom’s courtroom. In fact, there are no professional judges. Tom Mautner has no law degree. He gets no salary. Yet he sits in judgment of accused thieves, vandals and brawlers, deciding their fate with all the authority of a proper judge in ermine and red.

Mr. Mautner is one of 26,000 volunteer magistrates who serve on the front lines of the judicial system of England and Wales. People like him handle more than 90 per cent of the traffic in the criminal courts. All accused criminals appear before a magistrate first, even those charged with murder.

Canadian justices of the peace, who do similar work, are usually paid by the government. In England, being a magistrate is still a proudly amateur affair, rooted in the idea that free men should be judged by their peers.

“The magistracy goes back 650 years,” Mr. Mautner told me. “You have to remember that this is the oldest judicial system in the world we’re talking about.” This spring, when my family stayed with his at their London home, he invited me to see how his court works.
    Mr. Mautner was born in Mumbai (then Bombay) to Jewish refugees from Eastern Europe who later resettled in Britain. He became a successful automobile executive and IT consultant, raising three girls with his wife, Karen, who grew up in Ottawa.

When he left the car business, he says, “my lovely wife told me, ‘That’s all very well, but we have to find you something to do.’ ”At 64, he is a ball of energy who likes Indian food and BBC radio. Stuck in London traffic one day, they saw a magistrates-wanted ad on the back of a bus. Karen called the number on the spot.

Nine years later, he is senior magistrate, or chair, on the North London bench. Magistrates usually sit in panels of three: a chair and two “wingers.” Chairs lead the proceeding, do all the talking and are addressed as “sir, “ma’am” or “your worship.” The wingers sit on either side, ready to consult or join in deliberations out of court.

On the morning I watched in Highbury Corner Magistrates Court, Mr. Mautner worked briskly through a series of hard cases, sad cases and hopeless causes. He handles about 25 a day, checking the court docket on his BlackBerry Playbook.

<snipped>
    sidhuk, rarsen and cjcampbell like this.
    08-11-13 07:15 PM
    Even I call bs on that !

Hey, it's on the internet. Gotta be true. No? LoL
    08-11-13 07:16 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bruvva.-made-me-chuckle-apologies-potential-repost_7e5971_3083651.jpg
    Hey, it's on the internet. Gotta be true. No? LoL
    Plus this about the author,
    About Michael Li
    Michael Li is an amateur rocket scientist, app developer, blogger, YouTuber, CFA Level 2 Candidate and MBA Candidate at McMaster University. His interests include technology, tennis, snowblading and entrepreneurship. Disclaimer: his articles and comments are solely his personal opinion; they are not the opinion of his employer.

here is the direct link to the Korean site. sorry if I offended some people by pointing to this site. LOL
    http://www.expansys.co.kr/top20/?f=1765
    Last edited by sidhuk; 08-11-13 at 07:59 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-11-13 07:27 PM
    What a load of bull. Why this joke of a website is still quoted is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-11-13 07:29 PM
    What a load of bull. Why this joke of a website is still quoted is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    Relax man its not true.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:54 PM
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle13704092/

Article by Chris Umi

08-11-13 10:23 PM
    After reading this some people are Goin' Berserk I bet.

To quote a seasoned veteran in here "5....4....3..."
    Hahaha.... No mention of the statcounter so no trigger.
    08-11-13 11:09 PM
113,256 ... 16851686168716881689 ...