1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The Z30 is looking like a real stunner. Beautiful premium design

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rX62bqi9sWI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrX6 2bqi9sWI

Posted via CB10
    I'm not interested... but I gotta say nice phone.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 07:06 PM
    I have a feeling both... however i'm working towards my Certified Management Accountant Designation then subsequently my CPA. =)

CMA = Canadian Medical Association or Certified Management Accountant.

Just curious?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 07:11 PM
    I currently hold 5% of my portfolio in BBRY. I'm looking to potentially add another 10%.

My losses however were generated by holding 75% BBRY. Roughly 4k down the drain.

Compaque,

In the usa anyways, there are no cheap stocks. They are hard to find any way. I am 20% cash and hope to get to 50% ASAP.

Regarding bbry, don't let emotions drive investment decisions. Having said that, what percentage of your portfolio is in Bbry? If you add the intended amount, what then?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-10-13 07:13 PM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rX62bqi9sWI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrX6 2bqi9sWI

Posted via CB10
    Looks great. Bit to big for my liking though Z is the perfect size for me). Wish the Z10 was trimmed out like that. Don't get me wrong I thing the Z is sexy...but damn, that Z30 looks hawt! love phones trimmed out with aluminum

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-10-13 07:44 PM
    I was watching the 6pm news here in the Bay Area (San Francisco) and they had a short piece about Blackberry. The really disappointing part was that in the accompanying video they showed blackberry phones from 2003 (the 6220 I believe). Using a video piece with phones dating back 10 years seemed an intentional choice. It seemed that if they showed the Q10 or Z10 the viewing audience may sit up and say 'those are nice looking blackberries - let me check it out'. Instead the piece reinforced the idea that Blackberries are tech museum pieces.

Can someone from Blackberry contact these news agencies and have them update their file videos?

And then later in the evening watching Dateline news show and it was incredible to see how prominently the IPhone was placed in this non-fictional 1 hour news story.

I recently got a Z10 through work. The place where I work recently finished their qualification for the BES10 server. The phone is solid, functions smoothly and the multitasking is great.
    This has been the American media's method of operation for over 4 years now! Having BlackBerry call them will not change things!
    1 hour long infomercials on Apple made to look news worth is simply paid for advertising.
    And people wonder why Americans think poorly of BlackBerry products?
    They simply are trained to believe everything the media tells them. Spoon fed in a sense. It works like a charm.
    I have lots of America friends and family! So I can tell ya, they have a superiority complex when it comes to their smaller neighbors to the north. That lives on through their media! The American media's regard towards Canadian products and business as a whole is a clear example! Period.
    That's not painting all Americans with the same brush either! Its just stating the obvious!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:04 PM
    Grrroooooovayyyyyyy !

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:29 PM
    08-10-13 08:31 PM
    Did a Google, appears to be an Indian company with offices in London and Houston...when I click on their link it errors...hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 08:46 PM
    Did a Google, appears to be an Indian company with offices in London and Houston...when I click on their link it errors...hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    It is the weekend. Please don't make me think.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 09:34 PM
    It is the weekend. Please don't make me think.
    Stare into the fire....you'll feel much better lol.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000443.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, take99, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    08-10-13 09:38 PM
    K....much later and I feel much better

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000445.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:11 AM
    NEW DELHI: Security software developer Dr Web on Friday said it has come across malware on Google Play, which is the internet search giant's platform for apps used on Android operating system.

The malware deplete subscriber's accounts by sending short messages to premium numbers.

The Russia-based firm said about 11,000 to 25,000 devices are infected by these malicious programmes.
    New Android malware affecting up to 25,000 devices: Report - The Times of India
    That's the fun of downloading from outside app stores overseas. Ya never know what you're gonna get.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-11-13 12:26 AM
    I have a theory. BBRY's idea of talking about going private was to curtail the large number of shorts that are pressing the stock down. It also shows the world that they are here to stay. I don't think it can hurt the stock in any way. But I see them merging or being bought out long before going private. I personally believe they have no true intention of going private. Plz don't throw too many stones at me for my opinion. I am also suspicious of how it was timed so near to dod approval. I am actually seeing positive news articles since er and these 2 big news events. I just want the stock to go up so I can make money.
    BergerKing, fedakd, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    08-11-13 12:57 AM
    I have a theory. BBRY's idea of talking about going private was to curtail the large number of shorts that are pressing the stock down. It also shows the world that they are here to stay. I don't think it can hurt the stock in any way. But I see them merging or being bought out long before going private. I personally believe they have no true intention of going private. Plz don't throw too many stones at me for my opinion. I am also suspicious of how it was timed so near to dod approval. I am actually seeing positive news articles since er and these 2 big news events. I just want the stock to go up so I can make money.
    Generally not gonna get stoned for advancing an idea or thought. Only ones I've seen get the business are those that scoff and try to ram their own agenda down everyone else's throat. Everyone likes being able to make money, and you're in that boat!
    08-11-13 01:24 AM
    10.2 BBM invites have links for Android and iPhone
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8983991

Z10.2 via CB10
    08-11-13 01:38 AM

Z10.2 via CB10
    Was reading that earlier, and I know it will be released soon. Looking forward to BBM again.
    08-11-13 01:52 AM

Z10.2 via CB10
    So does this mean we can send a BBM invite to someone's phone number now, and it will get converted to sms, and that ios /android message gets added?

Sounds like a good way to spam all your friends and get more BBM users.
    08-11-13 07:35 AM
    So does this mean we can send a BBM invite to someone's phone number now, and it will get converted to sms, and that ios /android message gets added?

Sounds like a good way to spam all your friends and get more BBM users.
    Geeze if you can't spam your friends . . . . . who ya gonna spam? LoL
    BergerKing, sidhuk and FastLane228 like this.
    08-11-13 08:03 AM
    08-11-13 08:05 AM
    We need more positive news like this, I am slowly getting cautiously optimistic about the SP.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-11-13 09:16 AM
    We need more positive news like this, I am slowly getting cautiously optimistic about the SP.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    And helps that it is from a neutral view, not slanted for an artificial agenda.
    bungaboy, bkupris and dusdal like this.
    08-11-13 09:25 AM

A Crackberry user "imcurved" translates the video in english.
    "English translation:

This is the device BlackBerry will release in the near future. (at 0:22) BlackBerry plans to release this phone as a high end phone compared to the Z10 in regard to both the chassis and the screen.
    You could right away notice this phone doesn't look at all like the Z10. The Z10 has to white area on the top and the bottom and a black screen in the middle, a bit resembling the iPhone 5 and or HTC One. (at 0:54) on the right hand side, there are volume key and special key for voice control. There are also two mics perhaps for video recording. On the bottom, there is a slot you can open by lifting up the lid (* he didn't say what this slot is for *) like the Z10, there is a power button on the top which is hard to reach up (* because it's a five inch phone *) next to it is a 3.5 mm jack for headphone. (at 1:20) on the left there is charging and hdmi ports. The back material and look are more like the Q10 than the Z10. There is an AT&T logo so it will probably be released in the US very soon before the international version.

The camera is the same as the one on the Q10. (at 1:54) there is one speaker on top and two at the bottom. There are slot for sd card and SIM and non removable battery. (at 2:16) the front reads "super amole HD" I'm hoping that it's true for the final product because super amoled will give us a deeper black (* better contrast ratio *) Battery is 2880 mAh that's all we know for now.

The "BlackBerry X00" tells us that the name Z30 may not be final. This has super amoled screen and is running dark theme remind us Nokia also employs dark theme on their super amole phone to conserve power. As far as the OS goes, there is no new function that I could see at the moment probably because it's running an older version of 10.2. The OS version on this phone doesn't run as smooth. It pauses a couple of times during game. The only game available on this device is the popular jet pack joy ride. My guess this phone will have the same screen resolution as the Z10.

Since their OS is quite stable, I don't think they will change it for this phone. I wish it is full HD on a 5 inch screen because the smaller screen Z10 looks more scrisp than this phone.

This phone is noticeably heavier than the Z10 due to the metal bezel. This metal bezel makes the Z30 looks classy and beautiful. Even the power button is metal. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to reach up to access the power button. However it's not a big problem because you can wake the phone by swiping up with your thumb. I also discovered pressing the power button three times will activate voice command function. Looks like this is the direction that BlackBerry will go by using voice commands to control the phone in the future. I'm very impressed with this phone."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-11-13 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Edited for readability.
    08-11-13 09:30 AM
    I see us popping tomorrow. I'm running 10.2 on my phone and it feels like a different OS compared to 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:39 AM
    I see us popping tomorrow. I'm running 10.2 on my phone and it feels like a different OS compared to 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    And then the infamous drop at 10:30? Lol.
    08-11-13 10:00 AM
    I know sometimes that copy and paste will give us a wall of text post, and sometimes I'll edit them so that I can read 'em without brain lock.
    08-11-13 10:50 AM
113,256 ... 16841685168616871688 ...