View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah I wish we had unlimited BIS here but that is gone with BB10.
    (Canada)

That would be a huge surprise if BlackBerry could change their minds and reintroduce BIS on BB10!

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Why does Bell make their BB customers have a BIS package?

Sent from the BungaDude using the treat of the week :-)
    08-10-13 08:40 AM

On A bb10?

08-10-13 08:43 AM
    On A bb10?

Yes...I'm With Bell too and they sold an updated BlackBerry plan for the BB10 last winter. Not sure but I think they have stopped that gouge. I say gouge because it was not needed, provided no compression and was just a money grab.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    08-10-13 08:52 AM

Because Bell is the antichrist?

08-10-13 08:52 AM
    Because Bell is the antichrist?

That works!
    08-10-13 09:02 AM
    Anyone see the supposed concept on the CB front page? Kinda cool.

Original sources:

http://www.bbin.in/en/2013/08/10/vid...-hub-explorer/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leafs123; 08-10-13 at 10:32 AM.
    bungaboy, take99, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    08-10-13 10:09 AM
    Darkpool, LoL kinda scary name. Link says aug 2 but it is current.
    BBRY Accumulator Study Aug 2 2013
    08-10-13 10:21 AM
    Oh Canada. We stand on guard for thee.!!!!!

BlackBerry Z10 Blindsides iPhone 5 & Galaxy S3, Outselling Both Right Now In Canada

BlackBerry Z10 Blindsides iPhone 5 & Galaxy S3, Outselling Both Right Now In Canada | sidhtech

Posted on August 10, 2013 by Kayla Edrington

The Blackberry Z10 and BB10 will be the company’s last chance to get themselves back into the smartphone market. The Z10 is their latest handset and it has been selling very well in Canada. Retailers in Canada have said it has beaten competition for sales.

Glentel have many stores in Canada and they said that they have sold more Blackberry Z10 devices than they have sold Samsung Galaxy S3 or Apple iPhone 5 handsets.

This may not be such a huge surprise, after all Canadians will be supporting Blackberry. You also have to bear in mind that handsets do sell well after their initial launch and then it dies down. The retailer should have offered numbers, so that a comparison could have been made to the amount of units sold of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Apple iPhone 5.

The Blackberry Z10 device is a great handset and it does come with some great technical specs. The device does has fans, while these have dwindled somewhat. Once upon a time Blackberry OS was the OS that was most widely used around the world. Perhaps if they company had been more innovating, they could have remained on top.
    Kid Vibe, zyben, Randeman and 16 others like this.
    08-10-13 12:11 PM
    I was watching the 6pm news here in the Bay Area (San Francisco) and they had a short piece about Blackberry. The really disappointing part was that in the accompanying video they showed blackberry phones from 2003 (the 6220 I believe). Using a video piece with phones dating back 10 years seemed an intentional choice. It seemed that if they showed the Q10 or Z10 the viewing audience may sit up and say 'those are nice looking blackberries - let me check it out'. Instead the piece reinforced the idea that Blackberries are tech museum pieces.

Can someone from Blackberry contact these news agencies and have them update their file videos?

And then later in the evening watching Dateline news show and it was incredible to see how prominently the IPhone was placed in this non-fictional 1 hour news story.

I recently got a Z10 through work. The place where I work recently finished their qualification for the BES10 server. The phone is solid, functions smoothly and the multitasking is great.
    08-10-13 12:18 PM
    I was watching the 6pm news here in the Bay Area (San Francisco) and they had a short piece about Blackberry. The really disappointing part was that in the accompanying video they showed blackberry phones from 2003 (the 6220 I believe). Using a video piece with phones dating back 10 years seemed an intentional choice. It seemed that if they showed the Q10 or Z10 the viewing audience may sit up and say 'those are nice looking blackberries - let me check it out'. Instead the piece reinforced the idea that Blackberries are tech museum pieces.

Can someone from Blackberry contact these news agencies and have them update their file videos?

And then later in the evening watching Dateline news show and it was incredible to see how prominently the IPhone was placed in this non-fictional 1 hour news story.

I recently got a Z10 through work. The place where I work recently finished their qualification for the BES10 server. The phone is solid, functions smoothly and the multitasking is great.
    Hi anamar_97:

I suggest that you send this feedback to [email protected]. There is also a media contact e-mail. I saw it on one of Blackberry foreign report filing.

Thank you for addressing this; I think, updating the Blackberry action clips is important.
    Bugmapper, rarsen, spike12 and 5 others like this.
    08-10-13 12:57 PM
    Hmmm...Berrys are ripening

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000439.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000438.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:21 PM
    NEW DELHI: Security software developer Dr Web on Friday said it has come across malware on Google Play, which is the internet search giant's platform for apps used on Android operating system.

The malware deplete subscriber's accounts by sending short messages to premium numbers.

The Russia-based firm said about 11,000 to 25,000 devices are infected by these malicious programmes.
    New Android malware affecting up to 25,000 devices: Report - The Times of India
    08-10-13 02:38 PM
    My kind of party! And Negril is a grand place as well!

Three BlackBerrys every two hours

Published: Saturday | August 10, 2013

Promoter continues to make device giveaways central theme of parties

Have you ever been to a party where free BlackBerry phones were being given away every two hours? Sounds crazy, right?

Well, Lamar Clan of LC Couture Fashions has been doing so since he kept his first Bold party last year in Negril. One of the main features of his parties, aside from great entertainment and d�cor, is the BlackBerry giveaways that take place during the party.

"My parties are different in the sense that we are giving the patrons more than just entertainment for their money. When you attend Bold you have a chance of winning great prizes and a lot of people love that. Our events are about maximising the party experience for our patrons," said Clan.

"With every staging of Bold, we intend to give away more phones and to increase the quality of our whole entertainment package. For our next staging, Bold 3, we plan to kick things up a notch or two; it's going to be a great event."

The third installment of the party series will take place at the Cayenne Beach in Negril today. As usual, party patrons familiar with the Bold concept can expect non-stop fun and entertainment as there will be several contests such as the Lick My Bandana, Beer Drinking and the Top Sheller of the Bar competitions. Three BlackBerry phones will be given away every two hours during the party.

Music will be provided by a host of popular selectors such as Kurt Riley, Jah Wayne, Crazy Chris, Jax intl, Party Chrushaz, Kwaku Vybz, Vybz Machine and DJ Rozee.

Sponsors for Bold 3 include LINKZ 96 FM, Snap Dat Photography, Black Inq, HotARoad.Com and LC Couture Models.
    08-10-13 03:36 PM
    Done.

Hi anamar_97:

I suggest that you send this feedback to [email protected]. There is also a media contact e-mail. I saw it on one of Blackberry foreign report filing.

Thank you for addressing this; I think, updating the Blackberry action clips is important.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, dusdal and 8 others like this.
    08-10-13 04:08 PM
    The Z30 is looking like a real stunner. Beautiful premium design

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-11-13 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Fixed link.
    bungaboy, spike12, ibpluto and 8 others like this.
    08-10-13 04:16 PM
    "I only touch Blackberry" is what a friends uncle said. Ironically, he's quite wealthy, owns a couple of business and well..keeps moving.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:17 PM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rX62bqi9sWI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrX6 2bqi9sWI

Posted via CB10
    Yup. One of those for me on opening day!
    dusdal, sidhuk, BergerKing and 1 others like this.
    08-10-13 04:38 PM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rX62bqi9sWI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrX6 2bqi9sWI

Posted via CB10
    Yaa baby,
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    bungaboy, dusdal and BergerKing like this.
    08-10-13 04:50 PM
    Yup. One of those for me on opening day!
    Same here
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-10-13 04:51 PM
    Same here
    Love my Z10, but I will probably get one as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:57 PM
    Not had much of a chance to read up on what's been said so far this weekend - (studying for CMA atm.) BUT - seeking alpha sent me an interesting article - BBRY: BlackBerry Ltd. Market Currents - Seeking Alpha

It talks about CPP (Canadian Pension Plan) potentially taking a stake in BB should it go private. Holy flipping nuts!!!

Keywords were - "Open to" & "IF" it goes private.

SoB - I should buy more bbry shares? Anyone care to weigh in on whether or not I should liquidate my more 'stable' assets and buy back into BB?

Totally throwing me off my studies.

P.S - any others studying for the CMA Entrance Exam October 2013 in Toronto?

Cheers,
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-10-13 06:16 PM
    CMA = Canadian Medical Association or Certified Management Accountant.

Just curious?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 06:29 PM
    Compaque,

In the usa anyways, there are no cheap stocks. They are hard to find any way. I am 20% cash and hope to get to 50% ASAP.

Regarding bbry, don't let emotions drive investment decisions. Having said that, what percentage of your portfolio is in Bbry? If you add the intended amount, what then?

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-10-13 06:50 PM
    The new z30 leak video has X00 by the battery instead of Z00.

Makes more sense to give the new form factor a different prefix. X15 maybe? I hope a real z30 is around the corner....quad core.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and BergerKing like this.
    08-10-13 06:55 PM
    Sound advice...I'm of the opinion we are 16% into a 25-30 % correction from the mid 9's, that gets the stock back to a somewhat reasonable level until the numbers tell the rest of the story. Solid numbers, up we go, not so solid hello mid single digits. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:03 PM
113,256 ... 16831684168516861687 ...