View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Regarding hardware, it is a necessary evil.

It might take off or die two years from now. But for the next year, bbry Wil execute the plan which involves hardware.

Remember, we are n phase two of a three phase plan. We never switched to plan B. Blackberry is executing their plan.

It's not complicayed

Beer. Kick *** was good. Now, I might try out source code.

Posted via CB10
    What?? Lol
    08-09-13 10:41 PM
    I'm a value investor. I could answer but I'd be doing. So because I was asked. Not because I know.

I hope the stock goes up. I hope we get a GOOD offer. I hope many things
    But I know nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Is that the beer talking again?
    I should be careful here, since I had a few scotch already...lol
    08-09-13 10:41 PM
    I'm in Mozambique (that's in Africa by the way) and I'm a treasury dealer at a private bank. Unfortunately I don't own any BBRY shares. Would love to. We're more into forex trading here. Have my fingers crossed for BlackBerry on this one though. And I appreciate reading some views on this thread. Will follow closely.
    And I love beer

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!! Welcome aboard and we welcome you're thoughts and attitudes towards the BB plight. How are things there with BB?
    08-09-13 10:46 PM
    Is that the beer talking again?
    I should be careful here, since I had a few scotch already...lol
    It's all good, as long as we don't start posting pictures
    lcjr, BergerKing, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    08-09-13 10:50 PM
    I hate to even say this but I can't see how BlackBerry could ever go private or be bought out. The government ( US and Canada) both have serious security concerns about BlackBerry control. On top of that we have the damaged brand, the shorts and hedgies.
    I might be wrong but I see BlackBerry as doomed to either live or die without a saviour.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Damn straight. This is only a rumor probably started by some guy working at the movie theater. But I will keep jumping on my soap box and say BB will eventually be the software corporation everybody uses. Imagine the future... BB will be the secured software everyone demands, not just on phones, but with future devices you don't even know about, future cars, etc..mm Ok, I'm hooked on BB being only software and the ONLY software choice of the future.
    08-09-13 10:51 PM
    Awesome!! Welcome aboard and we welcome you're thoughts and attitudes towards the BB plight. How are things there with BB?
    BlackBerry is doing great here. Legacy devices are the ones that are mostly used. Our carriers have been introducing OS10 devices recently. We have unlimited BIS and BES services for the legacy devices and that is a must around here. If they can introduce something similar for OS10 devices it will be huge. That's why I haven't got rid of my 9900 as of yet. It rocks along with my Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:54 PM
    BlackBerry is doing great here. Legacy devices are the ones that are mostly used. Our carriers have been introducing OS10 devices recently. We have unlimited BIS and BES services for the legacy devices and that is a must around here. If they can introduce something similar for OS10 devices it will be huge. That's why I haven't got rid of my 9900 as of yet. It rocks along with my Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man!! See, this is what we need to here. Please keep in touch and be apart of this thread. I'm sure you'll get a few questions from other members regarding the acceptance and sells of BB there. You come across as a real nice guy and I hope to see you as a regular member here. Just jump in and be apart of our crazy but professional gang!! Welcome.
    08-09-13 11:00 PM
    Yeah I wish we had unlimited BIS here but that is gone with BB10.
    (Canada)

That would be a huge surprise if BlackBerry could change their minds and reintroduce BIS on BB10!

08-09-13 11:03 PM
    Thanks man!! See, this is what we need to here. Please keep in touch and be apart of this thread. I'm sure you'll get a few questions from other members regarding the acceptance and sells of BB there. You come across as a real nice guy and I hope to see you as a regular member here. Just jump in and be apart of our crazy but professional gang!! Welcome.
    Ditto. We need perspectives from outside north America and Europe.

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 11:06 PM
    Bugmapper, am I way off in thinking the future of BB is software?? Look at all the issues today, and it will get much worse..... Everyone will eventually be screaming for software and corporate security. It will only get worse in the future and I just picture BB being the monopoly in this area. Yes, they have great hardware, but in the future don't you think the value of Security will out weigh the devices???
    08-09-13 11:10 PM
    Well I guess tonight is a good night for everyone and they're enjoying some relaxation. I'll call it an evening as well and hope everyone is safe tonight.
    08-09-13 11:26 PM
    It's all good, as long as we don't start posting pictures
    Egads, no!
    08-09-13 11:38 PM
    (Canada)

That would be a huge surprise if BlackBerry could change their minds and reintroduce BIS on BB10!

I have a suspicion that BIS was the limiting factor towards higher functionality, though. I read that BIS had limitations on throughput that held it back in Media functions. Had something to do with capacity.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 11:41 PM
    I see $6.31 on Sept 23, 2012. Presumably you are calling last week (let's call it Aug 1 2013) as the bottom. If you believe in a seasonal effect for a bottom, it appears you have a while to wait yet.
    If you could really 'see' any stock prices that far in advance, you would be posting from this ship that I did security system work on last year:
    http://www.boatinternational.com/yac...t-masterpiece/

Here's gaming towards a better Sept. ER, eh?
    08-10-13 01:14 AM
    I have a suspicion that BIS was the limiting factor towards higher functionality, though. I read that BIS had limitations on throughput that held it back in Media functions. Had something to do with capacity.
    I don't know if that's true. But assuming that it is, they can deliver BIS as an app or as a 'setting'. Allow user to turn BIS on/off. Give it a fancy name like 'turn on data saver mode' or 'turn on data compression mode'

Further allow user to select apps that'll be able to use BIS (email, browser etc.)

And add a notice: when you turn this on, your data will travel via BlackBerry's NOC and will be compressed. While this will reduce your data-usage, it may slightly slow down your speeds. If your apps show performance dgradation, try turning this off.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    08-10-13 01:22 AM
    (Canada)

You may understand, but I say this again for those that may not. Most of what you paid for with BIS is now free on BB10. But if some people would still like the rest and even more! All carriers offer a hosted BES. For about the same fee. I encourage people to look into it.
    We all know BES was more robust then BIS so it's a win win!

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    08-10-13 02:22 AM
    In the year 2013 EVERYTHING pays a security premium! BlackBerry is close to bringing DOD level security to everyone! Who says no to that? Wake Up $BBRY your drunk! #BBMX!

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    08-10-13 04:17 AM
    Hello Gang !
    What a day/read !

So we finally get rumor against news.
    Stock raised and could deflate when rumour turn out to be ... a rumor.
    Whatever.

What iI'll reming from this Friday is that many took out their calculators and started to point out the book value (is consensus around $16-18 ?) and the probable offer value in case of "turning private" (is that a low estimate of $25 ?).

So, wether the rumor is true or not, what do we have ?
    Something pointing out that BBRY is very undervalued ...
    Can't be bad IMHO !

Have a great weekend folks !
    P.S: thanks to the mods team for its silent but efficient work
    08-10-13 04:42 AM
    Well I guess tonight is a good night for everyone and they're enjoying some relaxation. I'll call it an evening as well and hope everyone is safe tonight.
    Sorry, drifted off.

BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    08-10-13 07:05 AM
    Bugmapper, am I way off in thinking the future of BB is software?? Look at all the issues today, and it will get much worse..... Everyone will eventually be screaming for software and corporate security. It will only get worse in the future and I just picture BB being the monopoly in this area. Yes, they have great hardware, but in the future don't you think the value of Security will out weigh the devices???
    No, you are not wrong that it will be their future, but a monopoly... that is a stretch.

bungaboy likes this.
    08-10-13 07:08 AM
    Oh, I have no doubt bis is gone for good , was just dreaming. Maybe they can come up with a bis2.0 someday.

08-10-13 07:18 AM
    See crackberry home page for some of your software vision...

08-10-13 07:49 AM
    So much so that some have almost maxed out their 'ignore lists'!!!
    08-10-13 07:59 AM
    I like the "silent and efficient" results....

Strong day, is it just me or does the story line for BlackBerry appear to be getting brighter?

Have a great weekend.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:19 AM
    I like the "silent and efficient" results....

Strong day, is it just me or does the story line for BlackBerry appear to be getting brighter?

Have a great weekend.

Posted via CB10
    Until the next er

08-10-13 08:28 AM
113,256 ... 16821683168416851686 ...