View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If BBRY goes to private, what will happen to existing shares?
    Is there anyone can explain this scenairo? Thanks!
    There are others that are more smart on this, but the basics are there will be an agreed buyout price to capture all outstanding shares. I don't know at what point you bought in but this could be a plus or a loss for the share holder.
    sidhuk and john1110 like this.
    08-09-13 09:54 PM
    08-09-13 09:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000201.png 
Views:	551 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	191247

Posted via CB10
    What does this show or tell we haven't already read??
    08-09-13 10:03 PM
    Reuters has a BB10 app ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:05 PM
    Hey gang, I'm back on the patio and ready to discuss the philosophy of life or where BB will be next year. But be ready and understand I called BB going only software last year already lol
    08-09-13 10:05 PM
    Nothing really. Just sharing.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:06 PM
    Nothing really. Just sharing.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry man, no disrespect intended but we've had quite the quota of trolls lately and I wasn't sure where you were going with this. Welcome and how are you?
    08-09-13 10:09 PM
    Hey gang, I'm back on the patio and ready to discuss the philosophy of life or where BB will be next year. But be ready and understand I called BB going only software last year already lol
    Am about to pour me a drink too. And for the record, I don't think BB's getting out of the hardware business anytime soon
    lcjr, kfh227, spike12 and 3 others like this.
    08-09-13 10:09 PM
    Sorry man, no disrespect intended but we've had quite the quota of trolls lately and I wasn't sure where you were going with this. Welcome and how are you?
    So much so that some have almost maxed out their 'ignore lists'!!!
    BergerKing, lcjr, spike12 and 2 others like this.
    08-09-13 10:11 PM
    Am about to pour me a drink too. And for the record, I don't think BB's getting out of the hardware business anytime soon
    Hahahahahahahq, I know there are many on this thread that disagree with me now, but I envision BB being the exclusive security platform for all corporations in the future. They don't need the devices. Soon, when all corporations are having issues, BB will be there solution. The issue or thoughts now are what happens if another corporation joins them???
    BlackistheBerry and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 10:15 PM
    No problem mate. Was reading the thread and wanted to share my two cents. The 5,74% move during the last session impressed me a lot. Hope the trend continues.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:16 PM
    Buout...

Typically a tender price is announced. Stock typically gets close to it. Rarely goes over it. Usually close due to shareholder approval. Once it's a done deal it will trade almost exactly for the buyout price.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:19 PM
    So much so that some have almost maxed out their 'ignore lists'!!!
    That's just crazy!! Maybe everything here is just going past me or is over my head. For petes sake I can't even understand charts yet. But I do know that some people have good intentions but simply can't communicate their thoughts properly. Some are really good people but just have conflicting thoughts and are seeking out ideas and advice. Maybe I've just been involved with simple people for way too long, but that can be a good thing.
    08-09-13 10:21 PM
    Regarding hardware, it is a necessary evil.

It might take off or die two years from now. But for the next year, bbry Wil execute the plan which involves hardware.

Remember, we are n phase two of a three phase plan. We never switched to plan B. Blackberry is executing their plan.

It's not complicayed

Beer. Kick *** was good. Now, I might try out source code.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:22 PM
    Oh great, a get out of the hardware business troll.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-09-13 10:23 PM
    Just read this article about BB going private.
    Exclusive: BlackBerry open to going private, sources say | Business | Reuters

If this happens then what is done with our shares?
    They would have to purchase the shares back from us.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-09-13 10:24 PM
    No problem mate. Was reading the thread and wanted to share my two cents. The 5,74% move during the last session impressed me a lot. Hope the trend continues.

Posted via CB10
    Well welcome aboard buddy!! This is a tricky stock and not like the others out there so know what you're dealing with here. This will also help you understand the attitudes here on the thread. All are great people and some are really smart on investing. But we all are one team together supporting BB. Hope you like beer!!
    08-09-13 10:25 PM
    Buout...

Typically a tender price is announced. Stock typically gets close to it. Rarely goes over it. Usually close due to shareholder approval. Once it's a done deal it will trade almost exactly for the buyout price.

Posted via CB10
    Hey buddy, I'm not all in on this rumor. That being said, how do you see this playing out in the next two weeks?? I see this dying out next week unless there's more news.... Thoughts??
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-09-13 10:28 PM
    Regarding hardware, it is a necessary evil.

It might take off or die two years from now. But for the next year, bbry Wil execute the plan which involves hardware.

Remember, we are n phase two of a three phase plan. We never switched to plan B. Blackberry is executing their plan.

It's not complicayed

Beer. Kick *** was good. Now, I might try out source code.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, top to bottom security demands it. At least a certain amount of hardware. I suppose a really tightly controlled partnership with a trusted manufacturer could work but it would have to be very carefully negotiated.

08-09-13 10:29 PM
    Oh great, a get out of the hardware business troll.

Oh hell no!!! You didn't just throw out he troll card on me big guy!! Lol. For that I'd order you a few beers and then just drink them right in front of you. Lol
    08-09-13 10:31 PM
    Hey buddy, I'm not all in on this rumor. That being said, how do you see this playing out in the next two weeks?? I see this dying out next week unless there's more news.... Thoughts??
    I think it will play out longer than just next week. Maybe not too long, but certainly longer than next week....
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 10:31 PM
    I'm a value investor. I could answer but I'd be doing. So because I was asked. Not because I know.

I hope the stock goes up. I hope we get a GOOD offer. I hope many things
    But I know nothing.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Bugmapper, spike12 and 1 others like this.
    08-09-13 10:32 PM
    Yup, top to bottom security demands it. At least a certain amount of hardware. I suppose a really tightly controlled partnership with a trusted manufacturer could work but it would have to be very carefully negotiated.

That's what I think too.
    Even if they 'downsize' the hardware business, they will keep manufacturing some key devices, that are used for special security needs maybe...
    Bugmapper, lcjr, spike12 and 2 others like this.
    08-09-13 10:33 PM
    Well welcome aboard buddy!! This is a tricky stock and not like the others out there so know what you're dealing with here. This will also help you understand the attitudes here on the thread. All are great people and some are really smart on investing. But we all are one team together supporting BB. Hope you like beer!!
    I'm in Mozambique (that's in Africa by the way) and I'm a treasury dealer at a private bank. Unfortunately I don't own any BBRY shares. Would love to. We're more into forex trading here. Have my fingers crossed for BlackBerry on this one though. And I appreciate reading some views on this thread. Will follow closely.
    And I love beer

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:37 PM
    I hate to even say this but I can't see how BlackBerry could ever go private or be bought out. The government ( US and Canada) both have serious security concerns about BlackBerry control. On top of that we have the damaged brand, the shorts and hedgies.
    I might be wrong but I see BlackBerry as doomed to either live or die without a saviour.

BergerKing and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 10:38 PM
113,250 ... 16811682168316841685 ...