View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Made it to Prince Edward Island after two days on the bike. Left our hinies somewhere in Quebec. Man it takes some time to get used to sitting for so long.
    Thanks for looking after the share price - I like what you did with it. Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    What part of the Island are you in?

I was born in Charlottetown and still have a sister and brother living on the Island.

You can tell an Islander by the way they pronounce "tomorrow" and "mud". Check it out. LoL :-)
    cjcampbell, Randeman, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    08-09-13 05:47 PM
    What part of the Island are you in?

I was born in Charlottetown and still have a sister and brother living on the Island.

You can tell an Islander by the way they pronounce "tomorrow" and "mud". Check it out. LoL :-)
    Judging by my name, you can tell that I have a somewhat large familial presence there too.
    bungaboy, Randeman, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    08-09-13 05:52 PM
    We're in Cavendish. Just went and jumped into the ocean in the rain - nice. Gotta head out for lobster and beer. What else is there in PEI? otatoes

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:52 PM
    We're in Cavendish. Just went and jumped into the ocean in the rain - nice. Gotta head out for lobster and beer. What else is there in PEI? otatoes

Posted via CB10
    Dulse. LoL. Malpeque oysters. Paderno cookware. Confederation Theatre.

Hope you have a great visit. :thumbup:
    cjcampbell and Randeman like this.
    08-09-13 06:06 PM
    Hi Guys, I see a request from JLagoon for the Abigail update so here goes:

Attachment 187321

We haven't touched the uptrend line which appears to cross at $ 7.60/shr US. That's a buck lower from here and it just has to make contact intraday to cause a reversal. I still think we are going to avoid dropping that low, unless we see a general market correction which means all boats will sink. I know this is painful to watch but the trend is still down, there hasn't even been an attempt at a reversal and yet we are grossly oversold in here. When the reversal comes it will be a big move. Hang in there, keep producing excellent charts and my prediction still stands that we reverse this week!
    Based on What this week ?

Don't Fool yourself but the BIG Picture look like this ---->

Attachment 187337

Regards.
    Morgan 1. Mikhou 0.

This stock could always fall back, but it was really amazing to see Mr. Morgan nail this one. I am wondering what next week will hold... Will we continue to rally or will there be a drop due to profit taking?

Also: BlackBerry Trucks Hitting The Streets Of NYC - Tufenk - Seeking Alpha

I'm still kinda bummed about the Samsung Jay-Z deal, however I know most people aren't to pleased with it...

http://elitedaily.com/money/was-the-...t-for-samsung/

What, exactly, has Samsung gained besides a whole bunch of publicity? There’s one theory that seems to be doing the rounds.

“The more information users requested about the album, the more info they’d be asked to give up” said Time.com writer Melissa Locker. “For example, if you wanted the lyrics to a song, the app posts on your behalf to Twitter or Facebook, alerting your friends and followers. The result has seen Twitter flooded with spam-like tweets, ‘I just unlocked a new lyric ‘Crown’ in the JAY Z Magna Carta app. See them first…’”

In exchange for their money, Samsung has seemingly been committed to going after your personal information. With great resolve and tenacity, too, Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note II users have seen the Korean company push the limits, asking for users’ location, phone call logs and other sensitive information. In retrospect, this is a little cringe-worthy.

Don’t worry, though, said Jay-Z manager John McNeilly, it’s nothing.

“It’s much ado about nothing,” McNeilly told Wall Street Journal reporter John Jurgensen. “You have to provide a lot more information than was asked for in this app when you buy music with a credit card. There’s no secret room with people trying to mine through and find out which other artists you like or don’t like.”

Although, I suspect this will become a new trend in releasing music.
    bungaboy, rarsen, zyben and 8 others like this.
    08-09-13 06:06 PM
  6. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    .....and I'll tell you WHY-

There are a lot of people (even some on this thread), who think that the current SP is overvalued, believe that it should be trading a lot lower, and are waiting for the SP to get to $4.50, but don't have the balls to short the stock anymore ! ! ! !
    Easy there, tiger. First we have to get to $7 by mid-Oct.

A few weeks ago (moi): "I see $8 by the week prior to the Sept earnings call and $7 within 2 weeks after the call.

I will reserve judgement after that time, but the quote below is interesting (investopedia.com):
    'companies like BlackBerry seldom enjoy a long, slow descent. More often, there's a point where revenue falls off a cliff (declining 15-20% or more on a year-on-year basis), cash flow turns sharply negative, and things get ugly very quickly'
    "

My opinion has only strengthened as a result of news since then. Lots of drama today with the obviously bogus "private" rumour, but BBRY will be spanked for that early next week. Then it is back in the saddle to the next unavoidable reality check at the Sept ER. No amount of 'ignores' will change this.

$4.50? Lets talk in Oct. I am a bear but I have limits as to now fast I think a train can wreck. Hopefully when BBRY faces reality about their hardware business and takes their lumps, share price and otherwise, I will be able to join the retail investor crowd here for the slow crawl back up. I want 150000 shares at $4.30 (no, I won't call that price or a time frame now) and have that much mad money available, but I also want a pony.

PS: Was chatting with one of my investment advisors on another matter. Turns out I have quite a pile of BBRY through some CDN mutual funds (and a pension plan, but that one doesn't really matter as it is a defined benefit plan) but it is only very small by percentage. That reality doesn't change my view of the facts one bit though.
    08-09-13 06:09 PM
    The covering is great because it's signalling for the stock to move higher. If we have decent sales in hardware we can bounce back nicely. Still holding my shares.

Posted via CB10
    absolutely, last year BB bottomed at the end of the summer. now perhaps a just little earlier. can't forget the seasonal effect.
    08-09-13 06:22 PM
    BlackBerry trucks in NYC? Article link?

Also when is the Fairfax conference call?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:37 PM
    Believe me it the SP get to $4.50 I will buy at least twice 150 000 you're saying, cause I am confident to double that investment within a year.

$4.50? Lets talk in Oct. I am a bear but I have limits as to now fast I think a train can wreck. Hopefully when BBRY faces reality about their hardware business and takes their lumps, share price and otherwise, I will be able to join the retail investor crowd here for the slow crawl back up. I want 150000 shares at $4.30 (no, I won't call that price or a time frame now) and have that much mad money available, but I also want a pony.

PS: Was chatting with one of my investment advisors on another matter. Turns out I have quite a pile of BBRY through some CDN mutual funds (and a pension plan, but that one doesn't really matter as it is a defined benefit plan) but it is only very small by percentage. That reality doesn't change my view of the facts one bit though.[/QUOTE]
    lcjr likes this.
    08-09-13 06:38 PM
  10. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    absolutely, last year BB bottomed at the end of the summer. now perhaps a just little earlier. can't forget the seasonal effect.
    I see $6.31 on Sept 23, 2012. Presumably you are calling last week (let's call it Aug 1 2013) as the bottom. If you believe in a seasonal effect for a bottom, it appears you have a while to wait yet.
    08-09-13 06:42 PM
    Don't quote or respond to these posts.... It just perpetuates the whole ordeal. There is only one purpose so just put on ignore and forget about the little grey break in your screen. The whole day has been quote and response free of these individuals. I've fallen victim and will continue to work on bettering myself in this regard. Lets all keep up the good work.
    08-09-13 06:42 PM
    BlackBerry trucks in NYC? Article link?

Also when is the Fairfax conference call?

Posted via CB10
    They've had the trucks out and about for quite a while now. Here's a link to the "Keep Moving Tour"....

BlackBerry - Keep Moving Tour

As for the Fairfax call, that was last week.
    08-09-13 06:51 PM
  13. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Don't quote or respond to these posts.... It just perpetuates the whole ordeal. There is only one purpose so just put on ignore and forget about the little grey break in your screen. The whole day has been quote and response free of these individuals. I've fallen victim and will continue to work on bettering myself in this regard. Lets all keep up the good work.
    Yes, continue to only listen to positive news re BBRY stock.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hear_speak_see_no_evil_toshogu_cropped_enhanced.jpg

How is that working out for you financially?
    08-09-13 06:56 PM
    Don't be evil?

Is it Adware? Antivirus Vendors Say Yes, Google Says No

PCMag.com
    August-09-13 5:50 PM GMT

It's totally true that we'd have a lot fewer free games and other apps if developers couldn't recoup some of their costs by displaying advertisements. It's equally true that some ad-supported programs and ad networks go way, way beyond what's reasonable in pushing ads and harvesting personal information. Some will even change your wallpaper, or tweak your ringtone so you hear an ad when you get a call. Mobile security vendor Lookout threw down the gauntlet a couple months ago, calling out ad networks with bad behavior. A new study by Zscaler shows that quite a few other vendors agree. The one holdout? Google.

Researchers at Zscaler took the top 300 apps in each Google Play category and ran them through the VirusTotal service. When you submit a file, VIrusTotal runs the file past over 40 antivirus scanners and reports how many (and which) identified it as some kind of malware. On this basis, the researchers determined that 22 percent of the apps were flagged as adware by at least one vendor.

Many Voices

The report goes on to analyze just how many antivirus vendors flagged each of the over 1,800 alleged adware products. They broke the apps down into four groups based on how many products called them malicious: fewer than five, five to ten, ten to 15, and 15 or over. The 15 or over group comprised just 2 percent of the total, while 23 percent fell in the ten to 15 range. The majority of the products, 53 percent, got zinged by five to ten products. That "fewer than five" category? Only 22 percent of the apps matched it. Clearly we're not talking about a lone vendor with a vendetta against advertising. Five or more antivirus vendors agreed on the adware designation for the vast majority of the apps involved.

The report continues with a detailed analysis of one sample, and links to the VirusTotal analysis for all of those that were flagged as adware by more than 15 vendors. You can see an example here. Different vendors give it different names, from UnclassifiedMalware to Airpush to Plankton, but 21 of the 46 antivirus scanners identified it as malicious.

Conflicting Aims

"It is in the best interests of Google to appease advertising companies," notes the report. "Google has plenty of incentive to allow apps with aggressive advertising practices. AV vendors on the other hand have no such incentive but are instead under pressure to show that they are adding value by identifying malicious/suspicious/unwanted content."

The report goes on to point out that Apple has taken a very different approach. "[Apple has] shown that they're willing to sacrifice advertising revenue to provide a positive user experience, even restricting the ability of advertisers to track device IDs and MAC addresses." You'll want to read the full report, which concludes with a list of the "intrusive behaviors" that Zscaler's team feel serve to define adware. Not surprisingly, this list agrees closely with Lookout's definition.

There's one more wrinkle to this story; Google acquired VirusTotal last year. At the time, the word was that VIrusTotal would continue to operate independently from Google. Should we be worried about Google interfering with the way VirusTotal handles Android apps? Of course not! After all, the Google motto is "Don't be evil."
    cjcampbell, lcjr, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-09-13 07:02 PM
    Today's gain would buy me that pony you've been dreaming about.. I bet you're tempted now??? ;-) relax, we know all too well how BBRY can fluctuate. We're long, you're waiting for USD 4,30... at the end of the ride we'll know who was right. Until then...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:08 PM
  16. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Today's gain would buy me that pony you've been dreaming about.. I bet you're tempted now??? ;-) relax, we know all too well how BBRY can fluctuate. We're long, you're waiting for USD 4,30... at the end of the ride we'll know who was right. Until then...

Posted via CB10
    Well said. How about a quick dip to $4.30, then straight to $64.50. That way it is ponies for everyone!
    08-09-13 07:17 PM
    Made a lot of money this week on the cheap calls I bought a week ago. The shorts were screaming up a storm this past week. I love those low ball calls of $5 without any merit or facts to back up such funny claims. Considering they have $6 in cash alone. Anyhow no point in wasting time replying. I have to ask is there an ignore button on the CB app? I was surprised with the announcement of the openness of selling BlackBerry. Banker buddy was saying there is chatter of talks with Twitter .This was the news I was expecting after seeing the jump in SP this morning. Enjoy the weekend guys.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:20 PM
    Anybody familiar with "Invite Only" CB Groups?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cb-groups.jpg
    BlackistheBerry, _dimi_ and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 07:46 PM
    Dulse. LoL. Malpeque oysters. Paderno cookware. Confederation Theatre.

Hope you have a great visit. :thumbup:
    Well, it was raining so hard we just walked next door for fish and chips. No lobster, but cute ladies good fish and great local beer. Thought I might have spotted a Q10 in the wilds of PEI, so I walked over, whipped out my 10 ( Z that is) and asked her. Nope, she said, but she wants one.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000351.jpg

:beer

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 07:50 PM
  20. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Made a lot of money this week on the cheap calls I bought a week ago. The shorts were screaming up a storm this past week. I love those low ball calls of $5 without any merit or facts to back up such funny claims. Considering they have $6 in cash alone. Anyhow no point in wasting time replying. I have to ask is there an ignore button on the CB app? I was surprised with the announcement of the openness of selling BlackBerry. Banker buddy was saying there is chatter of talks with Twitter .This was the news I was expecting after seeing the jump in SP this morning. Enjoy the weekend guys.

Posted via CB10
    Re cash. You spelled had wrong.
    08-09-13 07:51 PM
    Tonight is:

90 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head Brewery
    90 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head Brewery - Milton, DE - BeerAdvocate

and

Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend (Quadrupel) - Brewery Ommegang
    Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend (Quadrupel) - Brewery Ommegang - Cooperstown, NY - BeerAdvocate

and

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kick-ass_film_poster.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-90-minute-ipa.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c_beer_image.jpg  
    08-09-13 07:57 PM
    My neighbour brought me back a bottle of Dogfish from the states. Said i had to try it because it was the worse beer he had ever tasted.
    It is different , but I kind of liked it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:44 PM
    My neighbour brought me back a bottle of Dogfish from the states. Said i had to try it because it was the worse beer he had ever tasted.
    It is different , but I kind of liked it.

Posted via CB10
    It's not traditional beer.

Maybe the IPAs but not their others. Raisin De etre is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:24 PM
    I had the IPA it's quite the mix of flavours.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:28 PM
    If BBRY goes to private, what will happen to existing shares?
    Is there anyone can explain this scenairo? Thanks!
    08-09-13 09:30 PM
113,251 ... 16801681168216831684 ...