View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    with other words BB is under priced....
    Or he just doesn't want to give up his shares. If there's a buyout all shares are pulled in, right? Then they go private and come back out of the closet a year from now with the SP already in the 20s-30s. ??
    08-09-13 03:02 PM
    Short position for BBRY is now:

down to 145 million from 160

7/31/2013 145,904,806
    7/15/2013 160,837,750
    08-09-13 03:07 PM
    $9.78 closing. Have to remember this Friday, as things like this typically just don't happen on Friday's. Now we can spend the weekend wondering what will happen next week.
    08-09-13 03:07 PM

7/31/2013 145,904,806
    7/15/2013 160,837,750
    I'm somewhat surprised to see it down, but since it is, amazing that it's only down by 15 million when the price has been at the lows it has been.
    08-09-13 03:09 PM
    I'm somewhat surprised to see it down, but since it is, amazing that it's only down by 15 million when the price has been at the lows it has been.
    That's a drop of 40 million shares, or 23%, in one month from what it was on June 28. It would be more telling if we knew the short position today given that BBRY has traded over 150 million shares this week.
    08-09-13 03:18 PM
    That's a drop of 40 million shares, or 23%, in one month from what it was on June 28. It would be more telling if we knew the short position today given that BBRY has traded over 150 million shares this week.
    The covering is great because it's signalling for the stock to move higher. If we have decent sales in hardware we can bounce back nicely. Still holding my shares.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:23 PM
    Or he just doesn't want to give up his shares. If there's a buyout all shares are pulled in, right? Then they go private and come back out of the closet a year from now with the SP already in the 20s-30s. ??
    yes, because BB is under valued. if they go private, it will take more than a year to go public again.
    Robert Halloran, lcjr and fedakd like this.
    08-09-13 03:30 PM
    Do you actually believe the author owns any shares?
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 03:43 PM
    Do you actually believe the author owns any shares?
    No clue my friend. But I would imagine that would be the reason anybody would fight this. Just thinking out loud on a long boring Friday.
    08-09-13 03:48 PM
    Today is the fifth day of uptrend. 50 million in volume, and the SP closed at $9.76; just $0.02 below $9.78 opening price to form a long legged doji candle (shown in the daily chart). With the action today, I need 2 - 3 more days of trading to identify a major pattern, but it looks like we might have a parallel uptrend channel--yellow fill on the second 30 minute chart. The validity of this pattern needs to be confirmed in the next 3 trading days based on the high and low of the SP in the next 3 days.

Also; only 15 million less in shorted stock by end of July. 145 million to go.

Bullish interpretation:
    Boosted with the news of the consideration to go private, this helps to change the sentiment to the SP. This news, certainly, helped the SP to break out of the mini asymmetrical triangle. It went up close to the high point of the triangle, and the Reuters news was published right after midnight of August 9, 2013. Isn't well-timed? And it closed just one cent below the opening price right around the $9.77 support line resulting in a long legged doji to keep the suspense. In the short term, we may see a couple red days next week for retracements based on the MACD and Stoch. RSI on the 30 minute chart. However, the weekly chart is bullish. All indicators are in sync to curve up. I would not be surprised to see it peek above $10.44 with a test to $9.49 as support next week. To stay within the parallel uptrend channel, the low support are from $9.27 - $9.49 until next Friday morning.

Bearish interpretation:
    MACD and stoch. RSI on the daily chart will cycle down eventually. Let's see it test $9.49, when the MACD and stoch. RSI cycles down based on the 30 minute chart. If it breaks, then $9.07 is next.

Hi Morgan; could we see an updated chart of Abigail's TA, please? Also what do you think of the Bollinger Band on the daily chart?

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-09-4.06.58-pm.jpg

Second 30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-09-4.44.39-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-09-4.09.16-pm.jpg

Weekly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-09-4.10.07-pm.jpg
    08-09-13 03:49 PM
  11. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    with other words BB is under priced....
    That is certainly one way to look at it. I offer a more straightforward interpretation of the article. Direct quotes below. Apologies in advance for the strong nature of some of the quotes. I, in this case at least, am just the messenger.

The

"The notion that BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) thinks it should, could, may, or even hope to go private is quite frankly nothing but hogwash."

Rumour

"You have to know that 1) the company would not telegraph a sale and 2) drive up the price it would have to pay."

Is

"Perhaps a more important issue is that BlackBerry would not want to cause any further risk or disruption to what has been a lackluster reintroduction of BB10"

Totally

"Bloomberg has said that after talking to private equity and financing sources, such a move is not believed to be in the works. We would take it a step further and signal that getting money to take this company private would be very difficult. It might not even be possible.

False.

"Maybe Thorsten Heins would like to run BlackBerry as a private company. Frankly, Heins can wish that go-private notion all he wants in one hand and simultaneously relieve himself in the other hand. Everyone on the planet should know which hand will fill up first."

The 6% pop as a result of this rumour last night and today will be wiped back and momentum being what it is, will likely go lower at the start of the week as even the least informed investors realize this. Then it will be back to reality. I outlined my thoughts on that a few times above already.
    08-09-13 03:59 PM
    No clue my friend. But I would imagine that would be the reason anybody would fight this. Just thinking out loud on a long boring Friday.
    Perhaps the comments at the end of that article may give some clue... Shorts would fight it too!
    lcjr likes this.
    08-09-13 04:05 PM
    [QUOTE=JLagoon;8981285]

Hi Morgan; could we see an updated chart of Abigail's TA, please? Also what do you think of the Bollinger Band on the daily chart?

JLagoon!!!

It takes me awhile to make up that chart!!! Here it is:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-11-year-chart-august-9a-2013.jpg

So far, she is spot on with her claim that BBRY is setting up for a long rally here. The stock dropped back to support but didn't hit the uptrend line this time around either. Notice back in early 2003, it didn't touch the uptrend line, nor is it doing that today. I suspected it wouldn't drop below the recent lows, too much value there.

This was a very impressive day, we haven't seen one like this in many months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-9-2013-chart.jpg

For the first time in many months, we tried to break above the upper Bollinger Band twice earlier this week, and today, we closed above it! That's extremely bullish. There really wasn't a solid reason for the strength, by rights, the stock should have closed under $ 9.65/shr but it didn't see that again after the afternoon run. As is typical on a Friday, bids stopped coming in as traders go home, we will know on Monday just how important it is when a stock closes outside its BB's. Look what happened the last time we dropped outside the BB's, that was a 40% haircut! Great charts by the way, thanks for your daily update.

I have to close by saying that today, and all of this week for that matter, turned out to be a terrific turning point for BBRY.
    08-09-13 04:10 PM
    Here's a strong endorsement on ECC by experts. Not sure if this was posted earlier, but a good read if you haven't seen it. Was published a week ago last Friday, before the unexplained rise of sp Monday the 5th .
    An excerpt:
    "The solution, the team said, is to jump ship and move to elliptical curve cryptography (ECC) before the actual fall of RSA and Diffie-Hellman. This is doable: ECC is implemented on most desktop and mobile platforms, the speakers noted. But many of the implementations are quirky and not well exercised, because in almost every case where ECC might be used in normal scenarios, the software defaults to use RSA. "
    Black Hat 2013: Experts urge elliptical curve cryptography adoption

Also here is the size of hardware encryption market ( picked up the article from another thread ). Not sure where ECC fits in, but RSA replacement perhaps?

Here is an excerpt.
    "According to the new market research report "Hardware Encryption Market - By Algorithms (AES, RSA), Architectures (FPGA, ASIC), Products (Hard Disk Drives, USB Drives and In-Line Encryptors), Applications, Verticals and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)", the total market is expected to reach roughly $166.67 billion by 2018, growing at an explosive CAGR of 62.17% for the period of 2013 to 2018."

Hardware Encryption Market Worth $166.67 Billion by 2018 -- DALLAS, July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
    08-09-13 04:12 PM

7/31/2013 145,904,806
    7/15/2013 160,837,750
    .....and I'll tell you WHY-

There are a lot of people (even some on this thread), who think that the current SP is overvalued, believe that it should be trading a lot lower, and are waiting for the SP to get to $4.50, but don't have the balls to short the stock anymore ! ! ! !
    La Emperor, lcjr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    08-09-13 04:13 PM
    I'm interested in reading Abigail's predictions regarding BBRY. If I can't find it on-line can somebody post a link? I can't read TA Charts anyways but I can read words. lol
    Last edited by lcjr; 08-09-13 at 04:50 PM.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-09-13 04:33 PM
    I am already appreciating the ignore feature. what a relief. Thank you.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-770673.png
    08-09-13 04:51 PM
    I'm interested in reading Abigail's predictions regarding BBRY. If I can't find it on-line can somebody post a link? I can't read TA Charts anyways but I can read words. lol
    Thank you for the updated chart, Morgan.

Here it is LC:
    June 14, 2013: This Stock to Double And More, Says Analyst | Talking Numbers - Yahoo! Finance
    June 28, 2013: Can BlackBerry Make A Rebound? | Talking Numbers - Yahoo! Finance
    08-09-13 04:55 PM
    Dang, I only have two people on my ignore list and I don't even think they're on this thread anymore. lol
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-09-13 04:57 PM
    If you were here I'd buy you a beer my friend. Thanks!
    08-09-13 04:58 PM
    Holy cow, some of the folks that leave comments on those pages are really challenged. I had to laugh out loud on some of them.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    08-09-13 05:06 PM
    Well I tried to cancel my sell order at $10.20 but even though it was 8:30 central my shares had already been sold on the TSX and the market wasn't open even..

So now I hope to buy back in at the 9.80-9.70 range. With the profit from the difference I think I'll buy more shares. Gotta keep an eye on this now, I can re buy at $10.20 and won't miss a beat.
    08-09-13 05:17 PM
    Well I tried to cancel my sell order at $10.20 but even though it was 8:30 central my shares had already been sold on the TSX and the market wasn't open even..

So now I hope to buy back in at the 9.80-9.70 range. With the profit from the difference I think I'll buy more shares. Gotta keep an eye on this now, I can re buy at $10.20 and won't miss a beat.
    I'm sure you'll get a chance to buy back in early next week, but I would hope the SP continues to rise after Wednesday.
    08-09-13 05:24 PM
    Well, I'm off and on the way home to hit the pool and chug some cold ones. I may check back in later on the patio, but if not I hope each of you have a great evening. Great support amongst everyone this week!
    08-09-13 05:26 PM
    Made it to Prince Edward Island after two days on the bike. Left our hinies somewhere in Quebec. Man it takes some time to get used to sitting for so long.
    Thanks for looking after the share price - I like what you did with it. Go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, sidhuk, dusdal and 7 others like this.
    08-09-13 05:29 PM
113,256 ... 16791680168116821683 ...