1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Double digits? In what currency?
    08-09-13 10:21 AM
    Double digits? In what currency?
    TSX, but its moving around the high 9's and low 10's for now...
    08-09-13 10:23 AM
    Thank you! $9.67 on the NYSE.
    08-09-13 10:24 AM
    Oh yes Sir, yes Sir. I would be rolling on the floor laughing if this went into the teens over this rumor. I'd also cry a bit as I pushed the sell button. I'd ride it up placing stops along the way though, but would definately sell and move on to other ventures. This is just getting under my skin lately.
    08-09-13 10:28 AM
    Volume already drying up some. Hmmmm..
    08-09-13 11:05 AM
    Had to go to a meeting and the price hit my stop and sold at 9.845 a while ago. I will take my money and be feeling "safe" till this shakes down.
    08-09-13 11:38 AM
    FYI,

Stock will be closing above the SMA5 on the weekly chart for the first time since April
    08-09-13 11:44 AM
    Had to go to a meeting and the price hit my stop and sold at 9.845 a while ago. I will take my money and be feeling "safe" till this shakes down.
    Nicely done. See..... I told you yesterday... You buy, price goes up. lol
    08-09-13 11:46 AM
    Nicely done. See..... I told you yesterday... You buy, price goes up. lol
    And I THANK YOU for the encouragement.

This "going private" is new for me but very interesting!
    cjcampbell, BergerKing and lcjr like this.
    08-09-13 11:49 AM
    Look at it go!
    08-09-13 11:50 AM
    What is going on? In the middle of last week many of us noticed that the SP was getting a solid bottom supported by a steady stream of non-aggressive buyers. What I found strange was the increase in negative publicity. Old negative news was climbing back on to the first page or two of BB google search and the trolls were in full force on multiple threads. It would constantly cause me to question the motivation behind these efforts. Is it the shorties getting greedy? Maybe. Is it Apple or Samsung people? I don't think so ... Samsung is not going to fret over a 3% player and certainly Apple has bigger problems on it's hands at the moment than to worry about what BB is doing.
    We remember last fall Thor made it clear that they were going to explore all opportunities. So we shouldn't go into shock when we hear rumours of the company going private. When we are planning to sell a home many of us can understand the value in painting the front step, cutting the grass, straighten the fence ect. . Maybe the executive clean up and layoffs were more about buyer seduction!
    Anyone interested in taking BB private or taking it over would certainly want to grab as many shares as possible at rock bottom prices for as long as they can before the lid comes off.
    I think M+8 has put out some great thoughts today and I would encourage you all to read his posts. ***Caution*** Please keep in mind that none of us(including M+8) have a crystal ball so you make your decisions at your own peril.
    My guess is that there IS some kind of potential deal going on. The next 6 months is going to be very interesting. Think long. Thor said "investor patience will be rewarded."
    Wishing you all a great weekend!
    Who needs a roller coaster thrill ride when you can get the same sensations just by owning BB shares?
    08-09-13 11:56 AM
    The rumor is indeed juicy... TH did explain however a buyout or anything in that regards was off the table until he felt the company
    Was able to create value for itself... Or something like that during the shareholder meeting
    08-09-13 12:03 PM
    how is the option closing situation today?
    could the movement related to options?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-09-13 12:05 PM
    The rumor is indeed juicy... TH did explain however a buyout or anything in that regards was off the table until he felt the company
    Was able to create value for itself... Or something like that during the shareholder meeting
    Heins can say what he wants, however he is not in charge of who owns the company. So, we will see. Would be nice to see the shorters feeling the heat and acting on it...
    08-09-13 12:11 PM
    Yes he did. But feelings are a funny thing. Humans are very good at rationalizing, thus changing our feelings accordingly (read this thread much) Perhaps since his prediction on Q10 sales now seems a bit optimistic, he now feels that it is a good time to explore the possibility of going private. In any case, I'm long, so I'm holding onto my shares - my average is $14.60. Hopefully, like you, I can break even or make a profit one day! Never a dull moment around here.
    Oh, and thanks Morgan for enlightening all of us with you knowledge.
    08-09-13 12:15 PM
    Should I sell and buy back on a pull back. It pull backs almost always. Hmmmm.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-09-13 12:17 PM
    Hmmm danger, maybe not
    Should I sell and buy back on a pull back. It pull backs almost always. Hmmmm.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:19 PM
    Not so long to read, what you describes sounds more as an interpretation than a summary. As the article has been linked multiple times we can quote and read it full:
    Well aren't you just the 'king of links'! Or perhaps, the ling of kinks(?)
    08-09-13 12:22 PM
    TSLA shorter please go for it and take it down to $120! I sold all my shares early this morning for some pretty good profit and bought more BBRY shares at $9.62
    08-09-13 12:22 PM
    The only worry I have about this SP jump with the privatized rumor is that all weekend long I am going to be wondering how much the SP will dip on Monday.

LOL.

Hope I am wrong.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG! BONUS BERRIES!!
    Ok, back to reality.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 08-12-13 at 10:15 PM.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-09-13 12:24 PM
    08-09-13 12:26 PM
    Interesting. Everyone may want a piece.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:28 PM
    Really hope you are wrong
    [Hope I am wrong.[/QUOTE]
    08-09-13 12:28 PM
    The only worry I have about this SP jump with the privatized rumor is that all weekend long I am going to be wondering how much the SP will dip on Monday.

LOL.

Hope I am wrong.
    with or without rumour, BB bottomed and spiked for the second time in a week and the second spike gets supported for now. so, the trend is up and as they say the trend is your friend. so, don't worry, be happy.
    08-09-13 12:30 PM
    What is going on? In the middle of last week many of us noticed that the SP was getting a solid bottom supported by a steady stream of non-aggressive buyers. What I found strange was the increase in negative publicity. Old negative news was climbing back on to the first page or two of BB google search and the trolls were in full force on multiple threads. It would constantly cause me to question the motivation behind these efforts. Is it the shorties getting greedy? Maybe. Is it Apple or Samsung people? I don't think so ... Samsung is not going to fret over a 3% player and certainly Apple has bigger problems on it's hands at the moment than to worry about what BB is doing.
    We remember last fall Thor made it clear that they were going to explore all opportunities. So we shouldn't go into shock when we hear rumours of the company going private. When we are planning to sell a home many of us can understand the value in painting the front step, cutting the grass, straighten the fence ect. . Maybe the executive clean up and layoffs were more about buyer seduction!
    Anyone interested in taking BB private or taking it over would certainly want to grab as many shares as possible at rock bottom prices for as long as they can before the lid comes off.
    I think M+8 has put out some great thoughts today and I would encourage you all to read his posts. ***Caution*** Please keep in mind that none of us(including M+8) have a crystal ball so you make your decisions at your own peril.
    My guess is that there IS some kind of potential deal going on. The next 6 months is going to be very interesting. Think long. Thor said "investor patience will be rewarded."
    Wishing you all a great weekend!
    Who needs a roller coaster thrill ride when you can get the same sensations just by owning BB shares?
    Yeah, you make some good points, but I disagree with you in your statement about Samsung not fretting over a 3% player. This three-percenter has huge potential; especially in the business game, where Sammy has always wanted to dominate.
    I think this is why they are opening their doors to BBM with a one-hand shake, because the other hand is holding a knife behind their back, waiting for an opportune time to action a plan against BlackBerry.

Speculation quote for a Samsung sales rep to the DOD:
    "See, we are the phone you want! We even have BBM wrapped- up, so you can still use the preferred IM client, while using our devices! Now, forget about BlackBerry"!

LOL.
    08-09-13 12:35 PM
113,256 ... 16771678167916801681 ...