View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This won't end well. This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor. I would want the share price to rise on the back of solid, verifiable proof rather than this garbage in order to have a solid base.

Having said that, well done to those who were lucky enough to buy in the week before the first 8% jump!
    Unfortunately, with no news these rumors run exactly like this.

Just imagine what the next ER will be like.
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 06:57 AM
    Well I'm going to sell bb.to @ 10.30 which is 8% over close yesterday. This will cost me about 6k- over my average 13.18 But when it drops ill pick up more at the bottom. I hope
    08-09-13 07:14 AM
    Well I'm going to sell bb.to @ 10.30 which is 8% over close yesterday. This will cost me about 6k- over my average 13.18 But when it drops ill pick up more at the bottom. I hope
    Or you could play some options. If you're prepared to sell anyways you could sell some call options or buy some put options.
    08-09-13 07:52 AM
    Should be hearing from Pacific Crest analyst James Faucette any second now.
    08-09-13 08:07 AM
    PM coming down now.
    08-09-13 08:09 AM
    So, if BBRY goes private then that would mean the end of this thread, right?
    08-09-13 08:10 AM
    I don't believe the message they're sending out. Even if the sources are saying this, there's a bigger story to it. Let's call it chess?

Morgan, what do you think?

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ !!!

This would be one of the most difficult deals to complete because of the short postion. You have US shorts, Canadian shorts and naked shorts and all of them have to cover. That's a number of shares, then, you'll have a Hedge Fund, at least one, try to capture 10% of the stock to negotiate a final price that they like. So you have to deal will all of these buyers to settle on a final price. The rumour creates high volume, you need to know who is the buyer of all of those shares, it makes perfect sense that the sellers are the weak hands who are flipping their stock in the hopes of buying it back cheaper. Don't be a fool and flip your stock hoping to buy it back cheaper. If you sell, be prepared to never get back into the trade again. Silver Lake would like it become a "rumour" to get the news out that they laughingly "want to buy the company", many of you decide to sell to them to play a swing trade. They acquire far more shares this way, rather than try to buy 52 million shares on the sly. You are out the stock, they own 10% of the company and a couple of weeks later, they announce their intentions to buy the whole company. Prem holds his block, Mikey holds his block and about 100 million shares are in the play and not for sale so you don't have to buy those shares to do the deal. Silver Lake has already gotten many to sell at low prices, cheap shares so to speak, the rest of the story is crazy. If they announce a takeover of $ 16.00/shr, all of the shorts will jump in and drive it higher (over $ 16), the Hedge Funds will jump in to get 10% or controlling shares for the final deal (in Canada, you need to purchase or control 90% of the stock to force a deal).

At $ 16.00/shr, they would be lucky to get 30% of the stock, the offer would go higher, say a 52 week high and sit there for 4 weeks, they might get 60% of the stock, and of course, the competition like Microsoft and IBM, Samsung and others would look at it at these prices. Meanwhile the shorts are still competing for very few shares!!! The final price will be well North of Book VAlue, at a level that forces the speculators, who do this all the time, to sell out which might be $ 25.00 plus in several months of trade. Now, the cost to Silver Lake is the "average" of all of the share purchases, not the final $ 25.00/shr plus price. So remember, if the story is true, they are buying shares TODAY. You are accepting their lowest offer to date and you are gone from the equation here. Watch the volume, be sure you know what you are doing and be completely prepared to never get back into the trade again.

FYI - with $ 3 billion in cash and great cash flow, they can finance a $ 25/shr final offer easily. A $ 25 buck offer is net $ 20 to them as they average up here. Cheap. They will know in advance what they'll be doing with the assets, i.e., spin off the hardware, allow Samsung rights to the patent portfolio, things like that, they know how to pay off the debt fast and come back with a new market offering in 2 years time. Be careful here and make sure your decision includes not being in the trade ever again. Tough call, this will be messy but it can be done and if it is slightly true, it has already started with the rally above $ 9.00 this past week.

Good luck!
    08-09-13 08:10 AM
    Need a dislike button for that!
    08-09-13 08:13 AM
    Short interest gets announced today as well...oh boy!
    08-09-13 08:17 AM
    Funny how morgan stanley and bmo were buying 4 and 6 million shares while cutting sp targets...
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com
    08-09-13 08:17 AM
    Short interest gets announced today as well...oh boy!
    Just remember that the number represents the short interest as at 3 days ago.
    08-09-13 08:22 AM
    If you are so looking forward to the end of this thread then why are you here?

Don't bother replying.... welcome to my list.
    08-09-13 08:22 AM
    Just remember that the number represents the short interest as at 3 days ago.

No. Actually represents short interest from July 31st.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 08:25 AM
    No. Actually represents short interest from July 31st.
    Yup, you're right.
    08-09-13 08:26 AM
    M+8. Is there an opportunity play options here? I understand trading the stock will take you out if the game but what if you sold puts?
    08-09-13 08:36 AM
    Looks like it might have been a bunch of weak handed shorts covering on the rumour. It got sucked back to the top line of the BB's awfully quickly there.
    08-09-13 08:48 AM
    M+8. Is there an opportunity play options here? I understand trading the stock will take you out if the game but what if you sold puts?
    Selling some naked puts gives you limited exposure to the trade. There is no better way to trade this than to hold onto your stock. The good news is that a pile of stock will trade much higher than yesterday, we will have new money enter the trade. The thing to look for today is volume, they need to keep it up all day here. The second thing is resistance, there is a mountain of resistance at the upper Bollinger Band which is $ 9.65/shr today. If the stock can trade above $ 9.65/shr it is going into strong hands and you would likely be smart to sit on your hands and not sell. The rally today isn't much higher than a day where BlackBerry announces something modestly positive so the downside risk is minimal if you hold. I see the stock trading just below $ 9.65/shr and volume slowing here, if anything other than that occurs, I would be watching it carefully for signs that big money is moving into the play. Buying calls or selling deep in the money puts would likely get you into the trade with little risk here. As for the stock, if any of this is true this is just the very beginning of the trade, nothing has happened yet. GL
    08-09-13 08:50 AM
    Need a dislike button for that!
    The thread has ended long ago for that individual when he/she/it entered the Hall of Fame Celebrity Ignore Club.
    08-09-13 08:58 AM
    If you are so looking forward to the end of this thread then why are you here?

Don't bother replying.... welcome to my list.
    Been on mine for some time!
    Bugmapper, sidhuk and ibpluto like this.
    08-09-13 08:59 AM
    Been on mine for some time!
    Geeze I can't keep up with you.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-09-13 09:01 AM
    What about a Shareholder Endorsed Insider Bid:

A Shareholder Endorsed Insider Bid is a take-over bid made by a bidder who together with its affiliates or associates and joint actors has beneficial ownership of 10% or more of the voting securities of the Company, by way of take-over bid circular to all shareholders, and in respect of which, among other things, more than 50% of the common shares held by shareholders have been tendered to the take-over bid at the time of first take-up under the take-over bid and the date of such first take-up occurs not later than the 120th calendar day following the date on which the take-over bid is commenced. A Shareholder Endorsed Insider Bid is not required to be open for a minimum period of time beyond the 35 days required under applicable securities law.

If the big holders all get together, control 51% of the shares, can't they vote to aprove the deal at $12.00????? Also, is that 51% of 520,000,000 shares or 700,000,000 shares? Do the shorts have to cover or do they just pay the $12.00??
    08-09-13 09:02 AM
    Misek on CNBC... thinks if they go private they should do it before year end because of cheap Asian Android makers...
    08-09-13 09:03 AM
    Good morning gang!! Holy crap! $9.81 this morning, but I doubt it will remain that high. I read the previous posts but will tend to agree with those that doubt this rumor is true. The article itself states BB is concidering going private. That's a big difference from WE ARE GOING PRIVATE. Just my thoughts anyway. Regardless, there's money to be made today for those that bought in low. As Morgan stated, perhaps the best way to deal with this is to hold fast and not do anything in a panic or rush. My average is still $15.10 so obviously I'm not doing anything right now except watch and wait. Good luck everyone!!!!
    Korepab, dusdal, Bugmapper and 5 others like this.
    08-09-13 09:07 AM
    Misek on CNBC... thinks if they go private they should do it before year end because of cheap Asian Android makers...
    Wow. Lost in your quotation. There must be something more to "cheap Asia android " and "going private".
    08-09-13 09:08 AM
    Where is mrfreetruth? Isn't taking BlackBerry out of the US markets right in his wheelhouse?
    dusdal, lcjr, cjcampbell and 4 others like this.
    08-09-13 09:10 AM
113,256 ... 16751676167716781679 ...