View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Pre-market is showing $10! Wonder if this Reuters report has any legs?

Maybe Ljcr had a dream yesterday!!
    08-09-13 03:43 AM
    Reuters going private news:

- Maybe they want to go private
    - There is no buyer at the moment
    - Confirmation of still poor sales

=> All in all not a good sign.
    Not so long to read, what you describes sounds more as an interpretation than a summary. As the article has been linked multiple times we can quote and read it full:

Reuters) - BlackBerry Ltd is warming up to the possibility of going private, as the smartphone maker battles to revive its fortunes, several sources familiar with the situation said.
    Chief Executive Thorsten Heins and the company's board is increasingly coming around to the idea that taking BlackBerry private would give them breathing room to fix its problems out of the public eye, the sources said.
    "There is a change of tone on the board," one of the sources said on Thursday.
    No deal is imminent, however, and BlackBerry has not launched any kind of a sale process, the sources said. Even if it tried, BlackBerry could find it hard to come up with a buyer and the funding to go private. With the company still posting losses and bleeding subscribers, private equity firms and other buyers may not want to step up.
    The company's shares have fallen more than 19 percent this year. Its market value has fallen to $4.8 billion, from $84 billion at its peak in 2008.
    BlackBerry, which had been pinning its hopes for a turnaround on its new line of BlackBerry 10 devices, declined to comment. The sources declined to be named because these discussions are private.
    BlackBerry's openness to consider a deal marks a radical shift in thinking at the once high-flying smartphone maker. Until recently, BlackBerry, formerly known as Research in Motion and a pioneer in providing secured emails on handheld devices, had been bent on staying independent, betting its turnaround on its latest smartphones.
    Last month, Heins said the company was on the right track and just needed more time to fix its problems. He said the company will unveil more devices that run on the BlackBerry 10 operating system over the next eight months.
    The company has also been looking at options such as licensing its BlackBerry 10 software and other partnerships.
    Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry has recently had discussions with private equity firm Silver Lake Partners about potential collaboration in enterprise computing, one of the sources said.
    Silver Lake is caught in a bruising $25 billion battle to take Dell Inc private. Should it succeed in the Dell buyout, one possibility could be for it to collaborate with BlackBerry in mobile computing, where the PC maker has struggled to gain traction, the source said.
    The talks with Silver Lake did not involve any buyout or other transaction-related discussions, the source said.
    Silver Lake declined to comment.
    Pressure is only increasing on the smartphone maker. BlackBerry 10 sales have come in well below some analysts' expectations, raising questions about whether the company can quickly win back market share from Apple Inc's iPhone as well as Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's Galaxy devices and other phones powered by Google Inc's Android operating system.

Some investors say the company must now look at all of its options, from a sale of the whole company to a sale of parts. Its valuable patent portfolio and high-margin services business could draw interest from technology companies.
    But private equity firms have circled the company for more than two years and have tried without success so far to figure out ways to structure a deal.
    Moreover, Ottawa reviews any big takeover of a Canadian company for competitive and national security reasons. Government officials have often said they want BlackBerry to succeed as a Canadian company, but concede they do not know how things will play out.
    bungaboy, BergerKing and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 03:58 AM
    BlackBerry up 9% after hours.
    I don't believe there is much merit to this talk of going private personally. But someone has jolted the SP. This being the main reason for the story, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dapper37; 08-09-13 at 07:12 AM.
    08-09-13 04:44 AM
    Looks like a pump and dump to me unfortunately...
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 05:06 AM
    Either **** is getting real or this is just BS and a way for the management to give the stock a much needed jolt.

Also, for the more experienced bunch in this group...would this trigger a squeeze anyways if the shorts have to return all the shares?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leafs123; 08-09-13 at 05:51 AM.
    ibpluto, Compaqee and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 05:30 AM
    Down 10 cents since its 10.10 peak in PM, what you reckon, fellas? Green today, but how much of a spike are we looking at?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:31 AM
    Even if this story is mostly smoke. If it succeeds in shaking out some short interest the company wins. It's the false negatives that are dragging perception down, and I will stand by its the short interest doing it.

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    bungaboy, peter9477 and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 05:32 AM
    Still blaming the short sellers, eh?
    Will be very interesting to see what happens today. Compared to the rest of the usual daily BBRY news, this should be considered "good".

If it is denied stock heads further south.
    ibpluto and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-09-13 05:35 AM
    This is going to be an interesting day. *grabs popcorn*
    08-09-13 05:38 AM
    Wow @ share price. See, it wasn't that samsung/bbm article that bumped the SP a few days ago. Someone knew something

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-09-13 05:45 AM
    OK, so what has caused this jump?
    08-09-13 05:49 AM
    OK, so what has caused this jump?
    Profit seekers are hoping it goes private so they can cash in. That or a pump and dump.
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 05:55 AM
    I, for one, will be taking advantage of this bump in BBRY and will follow with very close stops today. I do not think that going private is good news for BBRY, it is more like desperation. I got in a 9.145 and not matter what will take my profit by the end of the day.
    cjcampbell, 1stTry and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 05:57 AM
    Profit seekers are hoping it goes private so they can cash in. That or a pump and dump.
    I thought the whole idea of the stock market was to make MONEY!

What are you doing it for?
    bungaboy, sidhuk and bondary like this.
    08-09-13 05:58 AM
    I, for one, will be taking advantage of this bump in BBRY and will follow with very close stops today. I do not think that going private is good news for BBRY, it is more like desperation. I got in a 9.145 and not matter what will take my profit by the end of the day.
    How many shares did you scoop up Gregg?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:02 AM
    Still blaming the short sellers, eh?
    Will be very interesting to see what happens today. Compared to the rest of the usual daily BBRY news, this should be considered "good".

If it is denied stock heads further south.
    We'll see a bump today (Premarket is already flying), but much like Dell, this will play out over time. This could just be a pump and dump. Like I mentioned, I'm just hopin it shakes out more shorts. Yes I do blame them for a lot of the negative BBRY news.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 06:09 AM
    10.5% up
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-09-13 06:10 AM
    I thought the whole idea of the stock market was to make MONEY!

What are you doing it for?
    Yeah I'm in a position to make some money here, I will be spending the day watching this.
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-09-13 06:14 AM
    How many shares did you scoop up Gregg?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:17 AM
    10.5% up
    Make it 10.62%

Edit : beach time, CU later gang !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 06:19 AM
    I just want to break even lol. My other equities have paid me 30% plus this year.

Posted via CB10
    Compaqee, lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    08-09-13 06:24 AM
    Nice!! Should be a good 24 hour pay day

Posted via CB10
    Compaqee and lcjr like this.
    08-09-13 06:30 AM
    This won't end well. This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor. I would want the share price to rise on the back of solid, verifiable proof rather than this garbage in order to have a solid base.

Having said that, well done to those who were lucky enough to buy in the week before the first 8% jump!
    08-09-13 06:43 AM
    Re: $15 tops, you'd be surprised how M&A works, book Val is a nice number to throw around but plays little in the transaction details, i.e. purchase price. In either case, $15 or $40 is a win, no?

I went long Friday based on a descending triangle breakout, didn't think it would run this hard in a week but I'll gladly take a rumor to bank some profits & tighten my stops on the remaining. Managing my risk because I support capitalism & buy shares.

Mgmt better not throw a wet blanket on this story & remain silent as they have been, let the rumor mill churn so we all get paid.
    08-09-13 06:47 AM
    And in other REAL news.....

Fixmo, BlackBerry Partner In Device Integrity, Tamper Detection For BB10

Fixmo, a leading provider of mobile security and risk management solutions, and BlackBerry; (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced plans to bring the Fixmo Sentinel device integrity verification and tamper detection solution to the BlackBerry; 10 platform. Fixmo Sentinel is used today throughout the U.S. Federal Government to meet the Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) for mobile device deployments. Today's announcement expands on a collaborative effort between Fixmo and BlackBerry that began in 2009.

Developed under a Co-operative Research and Development Agreement with the U.S. National Security Agency, Fixmo Sentinel helps IT organizations ensure mobile devices start, and remain, in a known trusted state and within corporate compliance. Fixmo will offer a fully integrated version of Fixmo Sentinel for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that will enable Government agencies and Enterprise customers to track and audit all system-level and application-level modules residing on each smartphone. Enterprises and government customers will be able to proactively detect the installation of unverified or disallowed third party software and undesired changes to software configurations or settings, as well as attempts at malicious tampering or rooting of the operating system.

"BlackBerry is a critical platform for our government and enterprise customers, and we're seeing wide-spread demand for Fixmo Sentinel on BlackBerry 10 smartphones," said Bruce Gilley, President of Fixmo U.S. "We're thrilled to be partnering with BlackBerry to deliver a tightly integrated version of Fixmo Sentinel that will enable our mutual customers to maximize their use of BlackBerry 10 smartphones while mitigating security and compliance risks."
    Fixmo Sentinel for BlackBerry 10 will be available to U.S. Government agencies as part of an exclusive Technology Preview program later this year.

Full details here.... http://www.darkreading.com/end-user/...693?nomobile=1
    08-09-13 06:52 AM
113,256 ... 16741675167616771678 ...