View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    lcjr, would you mind providing your insights on the most recent news?
    Good morning! Well, let me finish catching up on what news was released. I'm a bit behind the news today because of some course work I'm in. Be back in a few.....
    08-08-13 08:37 AM
    Good info here.

Math Advances Raise the Prospect of an Internet Security Crisis | MIT Technology Review

"Implementations of ECC were pioneered and patented by a company called Certicom that is now a subsidiary of the phone manufacturer BlackBerry. Although the U.S. government has purchased licenses that allow the use of ECC by itself and its contractors, other companies that want to use ECC will need to make expensive deals with Certicom to avoid lawsuits. In 2007 Certicom sued Sony for using ECC in software for BlueRay DVDs without licensing its patents. Sony initially attempted to have some patents invalidated in court, before settling out of court in 2009.

Stamos called on BlackBerry to change its policy regarding the Certicom patents, suggesting it could allow open use of them for SuiteB-based systems using ECC, but still make significant revenue from other use cases. �There�s not a company in the world that has the opportunity that BlackBerry has right now,� he said, adding that if RSA and Diffie-Hellman were broken, the U.S. government would likely overturn Certicom�s patents in the national interest. �If the cryptopocalypse happens, those patents are not going to last.�"
    08-08-13 08:41 AM
    Using your logic:
    That won't be surprising either, BBM = best messaging system, everyone around the world should naturally migrate to BBM, BBM channels, and BBM money.

Posted via CB10
    I’m long so I don’t necessaryly disagree; but I think best security vs best anything else is a tough argument. You get the title for best security because it can’t/very difficult to be hacked...

BBM – what’s best for you isn’t what’s best for me. Best for me is iMessage & Google hangouts because that’s where 100% of my friends are.
    BBM channels – I prefer twitter because it fits the way I consume anything social and it isn’t broken.
    BBM Money – no use for it... but pretty happy w/ Venmo
    08-08-13 08:43 AM
    Hate to spread rumors and the such... but Twitter might be looking into "closer encounters" with Blackberry.
    just heard it through the grapevine of NYC ( best grapevine ever... :P ) and given it some more thought it may seem very reasonable.
    08-08-13 08:45 AM
    Good morning! Well, let me finish catching up on what news was released. I'm a bit behind the news today because of some course work I'm in. Be back in a few.....
    And are you wearing a green shirt today?
    08-08-13 08:47 AM
    They rarely mention the devices themselves. Shareholders don't care what sells as long as money is being made.
    Look at the earning of any N.A. carrier last year and they all single out the iPhone as increasing subscribers.
    08-08-13 08:47 AM
    Look at the earning of any N.A. carrier last year and they all single out the iPhone as increasing subscribers.
    Rogers didn't
    08-08-13 08:48 AM
    Hate to spread rumors and the such... but Twitter might be looking into "closer encounters" with Blackberry.
    just heard it through the grapevine of NYC ( best grapevine ever... :P ) and given it some more thought it may seem very reasonable.
    Based on Twitter’s projected mkt cap, they could buy BBRY... Twitterberry?
    08-08-13 08:50 AM
    Hey you guys ... need my first coffee... this is awesome news for us. Many of us always believed that the high security of Blackberry would be a key ace in the sleeve. This news just validates that totally. If it's the best thing available for US Defense, then why would a fortune 500 company not want to have it? The wind has shifted my friends and as I said the other day ... the next 6 months are going to be very interesting for us. Keep moving!
    08-08-13 08:50 AM
    in order for me in particular to wear a green shirt regarding the particular stock it would take alot... not a rumor my friend
    regardless i thought i should share
    08-08-13 08:51 AM
    Morning Folks, Happy Thursday!

Just bought back in (against my better judgement) but I missed the party so I decided to come back. This time a much smaller chunk but that's all I'm using to play with right now.

45 @ 9.65 BB.TO.

Hold down the fort, it's a busy day today. Will check in and out!

Have a great day peeps!
    cjcampbell, lcjr, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-08-13 08:52 AM
    Firefox is the exact same, shows your passwords,
    I don't believe that's true. With Firefox you can (and absolutely should!) set a master password, and nobody can just view your passwords then. You have to enter the password at least once after launching the browser, if you want it to fill your credentials into forms for which it remembers them, but you also have to re-enter the master password every time you try to view the saved passwords. It's an effective system, as far as I can tell, at least to prevent the kind of casual viewing (e.g. if someone borrows your laptop briefly) that Chrome is incapable of protecting you from.
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and imz like this.
    08-08-13 08:57 AM
    Rogers didn't
    I stand corrected, All 3 of the American carriers and 2 of the 3 Canadian mobile carriers single out iPhone sales.

Correction... Rogers mentions iPhone wireless subscribers under: wireless operating expenses & wireless subscribers & network revenues
    08-08-13 08:58 AM
    Hey lcjr ... could you get your red shirt and run over it with your hot truck?
    08-08-13 09:04 AM
    I stand corrected, All 3 of the American carriers and 2 of the 3 Canadian mobile carriers single out iPhone sales.

Correction... Rogers mentions iPhone wireless subscribers under: wireless operating expenses & wireless subscribers & network revenues
    Fair enough. I stand corrected. I just don't recall hearing it on the CC. Could have missed it though.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-08-13 09:05 AM
    Ok, I called this a while back. Let’s remember I’m going off of what I’ve been told by my IT buddies who are into this professionally. I’m a Plans and Operations guy so I can’t answer all the details.
    Blackberry and another corporation will be the underlying security stronghold within the new DoD network, cloud, wifi and apps packaging. Hearing the security problems on the other platforms is good for BB right now, but we have to feel bad for their customers too. Glad it’s not us.
    We’ll share space with other brands on this network, but they’ll be limited to the same security standards BB security has. Supposedly, the new network is based around BB10 software so as I stated earlier, this is really big news. BB is going up regardless of how the media tries to hold us back, I just don’t know when we will get a boost.
    Remember way back when all this news started and Take99 and I laid all this out according to the DISA policy regarding the “implementation plan”?... Well, here we are in the final stages and the beta server is up and running and being tested by DISA and IT professionals within the DoD.
    The Authority to Operate (ATO) is nothing more than the “go ahead” once BB passed all the tests. It just makes for better news when you throw out fancy acronyms. The other brands will also eventually get their “ATO”, so be ready for that.
    The network details are still classified, but from what I’ve been told it will be like a virtual server, complete with secured wifi and cloud services for all authorized devices on the secured network.
    The “capacity to support” is just what it implies. There are no hidden meanings, but rather adapting the new server (network) to accommodate a certain number of authorized devices. My personal opinion is that that number will grow rapidly as we bring more devices into the workplace.
    More to follow once I get some more unclassified news.
    08-08-13 09:06 AM
    Naw, didn't feel like ironing it this morning. I have a BROWN shirt on so now you know what to expect. lol
    morganplus8, zyben, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    08-08-13 09:07 AM
    Naw, didn't feel like ironing it this morning. I have a BROWN shirt on so now you know what to expect. lol
    Awe ****.... lol
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-08-13 09:10 AM
    Here is an idea (might be stupid since out of my field) , should BlackBerry make desktop BBM with a secured embedded browser?

Posted via CB10
    Html 5 based Web page

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-08-13 09:22 AM
    Hey you guys ... need my first coffee... this is awesome news for us. Many of us always believed that the high security of Blackberry would be a key ace in the sleeve. This news just validates that totally. If it's the best thing available for US Defense, then why would a fortune 500 company not want to have it? The wind has shifted my friends and as I said the other day ... the next 6 months are going to be very interesting for us. Keep moving!
    First does not mean only.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:23 AM
    I would have expected this news to move the share price more than 6 cents... Any thoughts?
    08-08-13 09:28 AM
    NEWS!!!

"BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) announced the U.S. Defense Information System Agency (DISA) has given BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, the Authority to Operate (ATO) on Department of Defense (DoD) networks. BlackBerry is the first Mobile Device Management (MDM) provider to obtain an ATO."
    Well, I guess we have the reason for Monday's big gains now, don't we? ;-)
    08-08-13 09:28 AM
    On a side note, IMG went for a run today.
    08-08-13 09:30 AM
    Might as well throw in a chart today, as boring as it is:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-8-2013-chart.jpg

All of those green circles represent the upper and lower Bollinger Bands, we always (with the exception of the last ER) fail to close outside of those bands. Try as the stock will, the technical selling knocks us back into the bands and we have to retrace back to support and try again. When we stay above the center line, this means we are bullish in the short term and likely to try again to expand the bands. Such is the case today, we are still well above the $ 9.08/she level of the center line not having tested it in the past two days. With three attempts to break above the upper band, and failure, we'll regroup and try again here.

This is why I mentioned that we would pop, then settle back and wait for the bands to broaden, as well as head higher so that we can make higher highs. It takes time without stunning news to drive the stock higher. Of course we did get some great news today but 10 - 30 thousand phones won't cut it for BlackBerry. We need BB 10.2 to go live and BES10 news along with BBM cross platform, then you have something meaty to start forecasting subs growth. I like the news today, brilliant stuff and makes for a great floor for the stock. Support is at $ 9.08/shr, resistance is at $ 9.26/shr and $ 9.30/shr for the 3-ema and the 5-dma. GL
    08-08-13 09:33 AM
    I would have expected this news to move the share price more than 6 cents... Any thoughts?
    It's great news, but not enough (as Morgan pointed out) to push this higher. However, it is a sign that great things are to come if we can just hold on a bit longer. As much as the media tries to bash BB, more corporations will go BB10 once they hear the DoD based their network off BB10 software. Believe me, I'm getting tired of waiting too.
    08-08-13 09:46 AM
113,250 ... 16661667166816691670 ...