View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TSLA investors are about to go for another nice ride. Good for them, wish I had gotten in for a bit but tied up my money here with BBRY.
    Yep, that's me too. should'a would'a could'a.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 03:14 PM
    Lol I know. Hopefully we get rewarded here.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-07-13 03:16 PM
    Disclosure: more unreliable, low credibility data which exhibits my personal bias as a shareholder. And tastes great in kool-aid.

Casually checking in on Best Buy USA bestsellers every week or two. Changes are from my last check last week of July to today.

Verizon: the Z10 moved from 18th to 17th.

AT&T: ($50 promotion) the Z10 moved from 11th to 8th. (still ahead of HTC One which also has promotion)

T-Mobile: Z10 moved from 11th to 5th.

For whatever reason the Q10 only seems to appear on the unlocked lists.
    I wouldn't use best seller data for anything - companies use it in all sort of ways moreover - the drop-off between the top-selling products can be vast as well with no way for us to work it out.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-07-13 03:24 PM
    TSLA investors are about to go for another nice ride. Good for them, wish I had gotten in for a bit but tied up my money here with BBRY.
    I started following this name when the NYTimes article tried to smear them... but never got around to doing the dilligence on the name... that's what I get for spending my time on BBRY message boards.
    dusdal likes this.
    08-07-13 03:43 PM
    I started following this name when the NYTimes article tried to smear them... but never got around to doing the dilligence on the name... that's what I get for spending my time on BBRY message boards.
    Actually, we were discussing them here back when they were in the 30's. Some got on board and profited and some didn't.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-07-13 03:45 PM
    Since we are talking quite a bit about MDM - anyone got any recent figures that indicates clear where BBRY is in regards to its competitors in terms of market share?
    08-07-13 03:58 PM
    blackberry just really needs to step up their marketing and show how different their BB10 products are from the older devices.

Most of my friends don't even know that there are "new" BB phones. One of them said they would never get one to which I asked "why?". She could not answer. When she did finally answer, she said "I just didn't like that little ball"...........im in NYC mind you, so not middle of nowhere USA
    They shouldn't be advertising in times Square. They should be all over grand central.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:03 PM
    Lenny, whatever you do, don't look at Tesla right now!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm considering shorting it.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    08-07-13 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well that was just an official invite!! Yeah, I saw that. Lesson learned but still keeps jabbing me in the eyeball everytime I see that. Happy for them and I'll definately get in on the next one. Oh, there will be a few new electic car/motorcycle corporations pop up soon, that's a fact. Like these:

About the Company - Zero Motorcycles - Electric Motorcycle Manufacturer

http://www.brammo.com/home/
    cjcampbell, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 04:13 PM
    Well that was just an official invite!! Yeah, I saw that. Lesson learned but still keeps jabbing me in the eyeball everytime I see that. Happy for them and I'll definately get in on the next one. Oh, there will be a few new electic car/motorcycle corporations pop up soon, that's a fact. Like these:

100% Electric Motorcycle : Brammo Empulse and Enertia Home
    Hoping BB follows in TSLA's SP footsteps!
    lcjr, dusdal, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-07-13 04:20 PM
    Hoping BB follows in TSLA's SP footsteps!
    I hear ya. I'm getting in on the next electric opportunity as well. Problem is most are private companies so far.
    08-07-13 04:23 PM
    Me too and I added some shares today at $134
    Randeman and lcjr like this.
    08-07-13 04:26 PM
    That's ok with me you need to bring down below $100 before I politely ask you to not short it anymore.
    I'm considering shorting it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:30 PM
    Me too and I added some shares today at $134
    Be careful! The mighty foot is about to come down from the sky when the word "tapering" is announced by the Federal Reserve. High beta stocks will drop like a stone. But I have been saying to this for a while so carry on...
    lcjr and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    08-07-13 04:34 PM

http://www.brammo.com/home/
    You should never feel too bad when you made money. So many times I've held on too long and missed the opportunity.
    However, this time, it's just ridiculous with Tesla. BlackBerry will do the same for all of us, eventually.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:36 PM
    Actually, I might be more interested in checking out the electric motorcycles than the stock.
    Just loading up my bike for a road trip from Ottawa to PEI, leaving tomorrow. Taking my daughter with me to a wedding. I'll have to leave the BlackBerry stock in your capable hands for a few days.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:48 PM
    Check out these other electric cars just as hot as the Tesla. These are Fisker cars.

FISKER KARMA

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/GALL...ET-INDEX.shtml

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/GALL...RF-INDEX.shtml
    Randeman likes this.
    08-07-13 04:53 PM
    Actually, we were discussing them here back when they were in the 30's. Some got on board and profited and some didn't.
    Perhaps the message board should be changed to "I support capitalism, I buy shares"

I blinked one day & it was 60, blinked again & it was 110... Now $150 :/
    lcjr, sparkaction and Randeman like this.
    08-07-13 05:11 PM
    So, the biggest surprise, according to Forbes is that BlackBerry lost market share in the US when comparing the 3 month average ending March against the 3 month average ending June.

He mentions that June was when both phones were out, however, the Q will appear for June for, maybe two weeks. Being that the figure is averaged over April/May/June it will also be lumped in with the months of falling marketshare due to there being zero new product.

I am surprised that he is surprised. Shame they couldn't pull out just the June figures.
    I read about this before jumping on the forums and I want to say that I agree with this comment!

We expect market share to bottom at some point in the first half of the year. This is not to say that it's all roses and sunshine from here, but we are just getting into the strongest sales periods with a variety of models out.

If anything, I'm relieved it wasn't worse! These numbers are roughly matching anecdotal evidence (i.e. still hanging in there, but only with low single digits). If they can keep it together for another year and get some low cost models out, then I think that Blackberry could retake third place globally.

And please note that Blackberry is in third place in the US!!! It is the low cost models in other countries that bump up Windows numbers.
    08-07-13 05:12 PM
    You know, whether BB is in 3rd or 4th place doesn't matter seeing there are hundreds of phone manufactures out there today. I just care about big corporations buying into the BB10 software and their devices selling on an average basis. There are just too many options out there for the consumer to choose from and commission hungry salesmen pushing the flavor of the day. I'm focusing on their software acceptance and use by powerful corporations and government agencies. Seeing how BB will never win the entire market share in each market category, the fact that they are a part of each of those categories will get this back where it belongs.
    08-07-13 05:19 PM
    OMG Telsa up 18$ in the after hours. I guess its too late to sell all my BB stock and go to Tesla.. Just today I would have made 2k back vs the 8k loss I would take in selling BB>

Any thoughts on the up coming IPO of Twitter?
    lcjr likes this.
    08-07-13 05:20 PM
    OMG Telsa up 18$ in the after hours. I guess its too late to sell all my BB stock and go to Tesla.. Just today I would have made 2k back vs the 8k loss I would take in selling BB>

Any thoughts on the up coming IPO of Twitter?
    Twitter is too high profile. The IPO will be overpriced so there will be a chance to buy it in the open market for less. Although it will unlike be another FB scenario.
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 05:28 PM
    And please note that Blackberry is in third place in the US!!! It is the low cost models in other countries that bump up Windows numbers.
    Dont confuse Blackberry being in 3rd place on Comscore with BB being in 3rd place in sales in the US.

E.g. in some countries tens of millions of people still have Symbian handsets, but their market share is 0 because they are not being sold anymore.

According to Comscore 6.25 million people in USA still own Blackberry handsets, down from 7.1 million in Q1 2013. Obviously that 6.25 number can either increase or decrease, but given that BB's installed base (4.4%) is much higher than BB's market share (1.1%) that 6.25 million number still has a long way to drop before it is supported by BB's market share.
    sparkaction and Geeoff like this.
    08-07-13 05:41 PM
    I'd rather buy Pinterest (where I understand how they can more easily monetize) vs. Twitter... Though the latter probably has more explosive growth.

On a side note, this board seems to be chugging along a little better post the last time out. Is it a function of other names being discussed or people's ignore list greater than their age?

In any case it's kinda nice to see a more tranquil banter...
    Randeman and dusdal like this.
    08-07-13 05:41 PM
113,256 ... 16631664166516661667 ...