View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am now in at 9.145.

I swore I would never come back for more punishment and yet here I sit at the gates of hell!
    bkupris, cjcampbell, lcjr and 12 others like this.
    08-07-13 10:57 AM
    I am now in at 9.145.

I swore I would never come back for more punishment and yet here I sit at the gates of hell!
    What. . . . . .what is that? I can hear something way off in the distance! So much smoke and the smell of sulpher! What is that sound?

Good Grief! I can see it now! You won't beleive this but it is some guy with a COW BELL!!!

Kinda makes me feel "warm and fuzzy"
    08-07-13 11:00 AM
    What. . . . . .what is that? I can hear something way off in the distance! So much smoke and the smell of sulpher! What is that sound?

Good Grief! I can see it now! You won't beleive this but it is some guy with a COW BELL!!!

Kinda makes me feel "warm and fuzzy"
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-07-13 11:01 AM
    This stock is emotionally exhausting. On the bright side they are really doing some nice updates for the OS. The newest link has an infinitely better copy and paste among other things.
    08-07-13 11:03 AM
    I am now in at 9.145.

You're a damn good man Greg. You'll make some money on that purchase. I'm determined to start playing the peaks and dips again as well since we'll be doing this dance for a while it seems. Just need it to go a bit higher so I don't take to much a loss if I sell. Then I can buy back in when this drops real low again. Might as well make some change if this is going to keep doing this. We'll see.
    08-07-13 11:14 AM
    Where does it say that Blackberry fired them? I have yet to find a confirmation of this.

At least this one is BlackBerry's decision and not those people quiting.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 11:17 AM
    Where does it say that Blackberry fired them? I have yet to find a confirmation of this.
    In an email to CBC News, company spokeswoman Rebecca Freiburger wrote: "We are in the second phase of our transformation plan where we will be assessing our organization — from top to bottom — to ensure we have the right people in the right roles with the right skill sets to drive new opportunities in mobile computing."
    lcjr, sidhuk, BergerKing and 4 others like this.
    08-07-13 11:21 AM
    More mid-level executives leave BlackBerry

Three More Mid-Level Executives Leave BlackBerry - Canada Real Time - WSJ
    08-07-13 11:21 AM
    The wording for these 3 is different than the 2 who were announced a few weeks ago.
    08-07-13 11:30 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't open the APIs needed to manage BB10 to other MDM vendors. So, BlackBerry is the exclusive MDM vendor for BBOS and BB10. Even Microsoft has open APIs to manage Windows and Windows Phone.
    Some people could think this is a brilliant strategy. Companies need to support BB10 so they have to buy BES10, and then they can use BES10 for iOS and Android devices and pay an annual fee.

I think the effect could be the opposite. This exclusivity of the management of BB10 is not a good thing for CTOs, they could decide to avoid BB10 and opt for a more open solution (iOS or Android), you don't want to be locked up with one MDM vendor, even more if that vendor is in trouble.

BES10 doesn't offer any advantage over others MDM established vendors for the management of iOS and Android. If companies don't adopt BB10 there is no incentive to adopt BES10.

So, that brilliant strategy could be one of the causes of the failure of BlackBerry in the enterprise.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-07-13 11:30 AM
    The wording for these 3 is different than the 2 who were announced a few weeks ago.
    Lcjr's comment still stands.

Just wait for some USA news outlets to spin this.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 11:33 AM
    IMO the negative headlines spin on this news and Pac is already built in the current share price.
    then again you never know because, it is blackberry stock = Step child of the dark side. hahahahahhahahhahhhaha
    lcjr, FastLane228 and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 11:52 AM
    This is interesting...5/10 officially on BB10 at the moment. 8/10 with sideloads.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bq9nux1cuaacnvb.jpg
    bungaboy, fedakd and BergerKing like this.
    08-07-13 11:53 AM
    You're a damn good man Greg. You'll make some money on that purchase. I'm determined to start playing the peaks and dips again as well since we'll be doing this dance for a while it seems. Just need it to go a bit higher so I don't take to much a loss if I sell. Then I can buy back in when this drops real low again. Might as well make some change if this is going to keep doing this. We'll see.
    Do not know if I am good or crazy but I have already made money!

Everyone has to let their own consious be their guide but I am putting the directly on CJ! LOL (just kidding)

Best of luck to us all.
    08-07-13 11:57 AM
    Another comparison of values BBRY could fetch. See below, again from my friend who is a CFA

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000322_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 11:59 AM
    This stock is emotionally exhausting. On the bright side they are really doing some nice updates for the OS. The newest link has an infinitely better copy and paste among other things.
    Absolutely correct. I have had the Z10 since launch in the U.S. Initially, it was a fast, very slick OS, but one that had several clunky, non-user friendly features. My phone also had the reboot problem. I was very, very reluctant to show someone my phone until the reboot issue was fixed. I installed a 10.1 leak, and that problem went away, and started showing off the phone more. Now, with 10.2, I finally feel like it's something I could hand to a non-BlackBerry user and have them like it a lot, even with initial misgivings. My Droid and iPhone using friends are starting to not make fun of it anymore, and have been impressed by the speed of getting things done, and with some gorgeous apps like Star-Tracker.

I have no idea if positive word-of-mouth will help BlackBerry enough for BB10 to gain traction in the States. But at the very least, I feel like the Z30 will be on solid footing when it ships. The software side of BlackBerry is operating very, very well. It's just such a contrast to the marketing side.
    sidhuk, zyben, lcjr and 13 others like this.
    08-07-13 11:59 AM
    Do not know if I am good or crazy but I have already made money!

Everyone has to let their own consious be their guide but I am putting the directly on CJ! LOL (just kidding)

Best of luck to us all.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 12:10 PM
    We must all realize that the 3 executives being shown the door is a very positive move. All other executives will realize that they must 'Keep Moving' or take the door. Blackberry management needs to be lean and fast. No room for dead wood or redundancy at this point in time.
    08-07-13 12:30 PM
    And a lot of good people will leave on their terms instead of waiting to be terminated. The best will be hired elsewhere first.

It is not a smart practice in this sector.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:37 PM
    This is interesting...5/10 officially on BB10 at the moment. 8/10 with sideloads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BQ9nUX1CUAACnvb.jpg 
Views:	916 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	190433
    I don't understand.

Edit... oh, now I get it.
    Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:39 PM
  21. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Seems we need to be brought back to earth:

After conducting checks, Pacific Crest believes that lack of Q10 supply at some U.K. stores is due more to destocking than stronger demand. The firm believes that the Street is too optimistic about Q10 sales data, and it keeps an Underperform rating on the stock
    So what happens to these "destocked" phones? Presumably BBRY still has their production lines running at at least 1 million BB10 devices a month as well. Faucette claims higher ("We believe the production levels of 1.5 million to 2 million units per month are well in excess of the sell-through," Faucette said in a note to clients on Tuesday, adding that the company is likely going to be forced to cut production levels").

I don't see any other conclusion other than that a massive buildup of unwanted product is now happening. And now they are going to throw an under spec Z30 (pretty much a Z10 with a lower res screen x720 vs x768 stretched out for even lower ppi) up against the [snapdragon 800 / 1080p / huge app and hardware ecosystem] of this fall's phablet competition.

What next? There is recent historical precedent. Lets take a look:

The Playbook was released in spring 2011 with great fanfare.
    -It was released with software... issues against strong competition.
    -It sold poorly. Prices were cut over the summer.
    -Inventory continued to swell.
    -By fall of that year RIM took a 0.5 billion dollar "write down" on the unsold inventory.
    -The fire sales on Playbooks began in earnest. Sales got better, but at a retail price that was lower than the bill of materials.
    -You know how the story ends.

I think you could search and replace "PlayBook" with "BB10 handsets" and "2011" with "2013". This will be a direct hit to cash reserves, and it will also drive a stake into BBRY hardware efforts. This would not necessarily be the end of BBRY, but it will be a much truncated enterprise, battling it out with myriad messaging and MDM competitors.

Once the market sets fair value on BBRY stock at that point (certainly no more than half of the present value depending on how much cash they burn trying to save the hardware business), probably spring 2014, I could definitely see buying in at that time.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."
    08-07-13 12:41 PM
  22. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    I think we will go lower when they come out and kill the hardware but that is maybe two quarters away but then higher if by then they get the services/software right.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    I think there will be at least two lurch points. One with confirmation of continued poor handset sales (see the 'destocking' report today and what that is doing to stock price) during the Sept earnings report. Next when the final announcement about 'focusing exclusively on our vibrant software and services business' or some other euphemism for giving up on hardware. Although, come to think of it, the second lurch might not be so bad depending on how obvious the need to do this beforehand is. This 'right sizing' by leaving a failing part of their business behind may be seen as a positive by at least some investors.

I do see a potential stock climb after the 'adjustment' to its price that will accompany the hardware failure as well though. I will certainly have some liquid assets available and see how this shakes out next spring.
    08-07-13 12:48 PM
    We must all realize that the 3 executives being shown the door is a very positive move. All other executives will realize that they must 'Keep Moving' or take the door. Blackberry management needs to be lean and fast. No room for dead wood or redundancy at this point in time.
    and yet, the reporters have the creative way to say "more executives leaving blackberry". what more should I say that press is totally against blackberry and yet most of those reporters use blackberries themselves.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 12:54 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-local-news-pain-butt.jpg
    it happens all the times in blackberry threads.
    08-07-13 01:00 PM
    OK, close enough. Bought at 9.13
    08-07-13 01:10 PM
113,256 ... 16611662166316641665 ...