View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Buying opportunities at the 10:30 dip.
    Well, I don't have anything to throw at this thing anymore and if we continue to have buying opportunities we'll never recover and make some money. This can go up now. If somebody hasn't bought by now they're not going to.
    08-07-13 09:40 AM
    Well, I don't have anything to throw at this thing anymore and if we continue to have buying opportunities we'll never recover and make some money. This can go up now. If somebody hasn't bought by now they're not going to.
    Gotta take the stairs, right?
    Bugmapper, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-07-13 09:50 AM
    Gotta take the stairs, right?
    Apparently the elevator is out of order until further notice. In fact, it's been out of order for quite some time. The window ledge is starting to look appealing though.
    08-07-13 09:57 AM
    If it goes much lower I am buying a few more shares. (near 9.0)
    08-07-13 09:57 AM
    At one point i thought $16.00 was cheap. I invested in blackberry. To me company is in better position today than 6 months ago. I havnt really seen anything solid out there that will make me loose faith in blackberry's value.
    08-07-13 09:58 AM
    At one point i thought $16.00 was cheap. I invested in blackberry. To me company is in better position today than 6 months ago. I havnt really seen anything solid out there that will make me loose faith in blackberry's value.
    Giving it until December/March ER. I'm just worried about another blow this September, hopefully the dumbed down expectations won't leave us slapped in the face like last ER.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-07-13 10:00 AM
    If it goes much lower I am buying a few more shares. (near 9.0)
    Not so sure it will get that low. This is the pull back that I expected yesterday and as far as I can see, I think the low is at 9.20. I could be WAY off base with that so don't take it as advice or any sort of recommendation.

EDIT - Ok... so I was wrong on that one.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 08-07-13 at 10:25 AM.
    08-07-13 10:09 AM
    What really scares me is that I am thinking of buying more!

Hurry, someone talk me out of it!
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    08-07-13 10:15 AM

No way... You've done well with this one and when you buy, the price tends to go up so giddy up Gregg...lol

EDIT - Of course you know I'm kidding and wouldn't advise you of anything.
    sidhuk and lcjr like this.
    08-07-13 10:16 AM

Lol, 9.10 or lower and I am pressing the buy button...
    lcjr likes this.
    08-07-13 10:19 AM
    Apparently the elevator is out of order until further notice. In fact, it's been out of order for quite some time. The window ledge is starting to look appealing though.
    LoL, not sure why your reply reminded me of this. Bang Bang (my babe shot me down)

08-07-13 10:19 AM
    Not so sure it will get that low. This is the pull back that I expected yesterday and as far as I can see, I think the low is at 9.20. I could be WAY off base with that so don't take it as advice or any sort of recommendation.
    I think we will go lower when they come out and kill the hardware but that is maybe two quarters away but then higher if by then they get the services/software right.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-13 10:22 AM
    Being long again is a bit of a pain... why can't this name rally hard, hold the gains and then rally some more. I'm raising my stops a bit in case my thesis is incorrect and it sells off. Risk Mgmt...
    08-07-13 10:24 AM

I had expected you to be back in business yesterday itself.
    You are late already!
    08-07-13 10:25 AM
    Being long again is a bit of a pain... why can't this name rally hard, hold the gains and then rally some more. I'm raising my stops a bit in case my thesis is incorrect and it sells off. Risk Mgmt...
    Yeah, well if I wouldn't have forgotten to set my stops before the last ER I wouldn't be in this spot. lol. Now I'm waiting for this to recover to at least meet my average of $15.10
    08-07-13 10:29 AM
    Just read some of the comments on the Globe and Mail this morning. General sentiment is low and getting lower. BBM is being outflanked by Whatsapp. There is no tablet to benefit from multi-platform app purchases. The media is humping this poor company to death for all the negative news it can. Apple has announced a whole series of new releases for this year. Google and Motorola are just ramping up with Moto X and more to come. There are still none of the big name apps available which people want. The list goes on and on.

I find I have to pinch myself every time I think of buying. Thankfully reality is always there to provide a swift kick in the pants. Blackberry is pulling in its horns - not making a charge. Sadly, I think Blackberry will be bought out at a lower price ($6-$8) for its patents. Of course one never knows. I'm just glad I got out on Blackberry Friday, losing only .2% of my initial investment. I have since recouped that loss buying Apple. I still love my Z10 though and have no desire to change it:but then again I don't need netflix on a tiny screen.
    08-07-13 10:30 AM
    Rogers getting deeper into mobile device management - Page 1 - Departmental and End User Computing

Recently, Gouveia said, Rogers signed a more detailed contract with Tangoe allowing it to bring more of the software in-house and to offer a more formal MDM service.
    As a result, he said, in September Rogers will make a big marketing push to enterprises for business.

The cost of that service alone ranges from $4 to $7 per device a month (or less if there are a lot of devices), Gouveia said depending on whether the customers oversees the management through a portal or if Rogers [TSX: RCI.A]handles most of the work.
    sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    08-07-13 10:31 AM
    No way... You've done well with this one and when you buy, the price tends to go up so giddy up Gregg...lol

EDIT - Of course you know I'm kidding and wouldn't advise you of anything.
    It is done, I am in if it hits 9.15.

Keep the bell handy!
    cjcampbell, Randeman and Bugmapper like this.
    08-07-13 10:32 AM
    Hi Morgan,

Who is this Abigail that you refer to and could you please, if possible, provide a link to her chart pattern?

Many thanks.
    The Selected Fruit!!

Here is her prediction:

This Stock to Double And More, Says Analyst | Talking Numbers - Yahoo! Finance

Here is her second comment:

Can BlackBerry Make A Rebound? | Talking Numbers - Yahoo! Finance

Here is a remake of her chart ( a couple of weeks old):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-11-year-chart-july-28a-2013.jpg

If you look at this July 28th chart, you will see that we didn't fall all the way back to the uptrend line, rather, we started the long awaited rally that she talked about from a slightly higher mid-$ 8.50's level. Back in 2002, we did the same thing, broke out of a long downtrend, rallied hard, dropped back to test the uptrend line and rallied before we actually got to the line. That is a bullish stance when the stock fails to test its TA lines and reverses course.

The DOW has given up 300 pts this week, things are turning negative here, it would be nice to see the general market stablize in here. Now we have the extremely bearish Pacific Crest bashing BB again, no surprise there. I think we are use to the public bashing of the company by now.

Anyway, without a chart to present to you, I think we have hit bottom this time around. The 9.00/shr area is support. GL
    08-07-13 10:32 AM
    I heard that Blackberry has been almost loosing or breaking even when manufacturing old bbos hardwares but continue to manufacture them and have said they will continue to support it by bringing more devices. I believe they will stay in hardware business. IMO They may even go one step further when producing specialized devices for medical or automotive sector etc. or buying out companies like sierra wireless etc. blackberry has been accumulating some key companies all along in these down times. It is just that some how they are shying away from competing in the regular Tablet market.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-07-13 10:34 AM
    As a Financial Officer my stake in this is the coming ER Blackberry will report a profit no matter how slim it is, Surprise awaiting the market!!
    08-07-13 10:38 AM
    I heard that Blackberry has been almost loosing or breaking even when manufacturing old bbos hardwares but continue to manufacture them and have said they will continue to support it by bringing more devices. I believe they will stay in hardware business. IMO They may even go one step further when producing specialized devices for medical or automotive sector etc. or buying out companies like sierra wireless etc. blackberry has been accumulating some key companies all along in these down times. It is just that some how they are shying away from competing in the regular Tablet market.
    That's exactly the type news we need to hit the street right now. We need to see what BB has in store past this Z30 and into next year. We also need something to come out about getting into and supporting different fields as you pointed out. I know it will come, but dang it's getting hard to hold on here with all the negativity.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-07-13 10:43 AM
    That's exactly the type news we need to hit the street right now. We need to see what BB has in store past this Z30 and into next year. We also need something to come out about getting into and supporting different fields as you pointed out. I know it will come, but dang it's getting hard to hold on here with all the negativity.
    Double edged sword there. They've been criticized for announcing things far too in advance so maybe it's best to keep the ship righted, continue with the heads down working, and announce new products or ventures closer to their actual fruition dates.
    BlackistheBerry, m1a1mg and sidhuk like this.
    08-07-13 10:51 AM
    From the Toronto Star this morning:

TO Star says BlackBerry advances for fifth day in a row

2013-08-07 09:31 ET - In the News

The Toronto Star reports in its Wednesday, Aug. 7, edition that bucking a falling trend in Toronto, BlackBerry on Tuesday climbed 64 cents to close at $9.91, marking its fifth positive day in a row. The Star's Vanessa Lu writes that BlackBerry's stock has been lagging, especially after the company reported a surprise first quarter loss that sent the stock plunging 28 per cent in late June. The stock rose Tuesday on news that rival Samsung plans to roll out BlackBerry's popular messenger service BBM on all its Galaxy devices in Africa. The move is viewed as a precursor to making the once-proprietary messaging platform available on Android and iPhone devices around the world this summer. Samsung said the free BBM app would be available in Africa through the Samsung App store as well as the Google Play store and that the two companies would have joint marketing efforts to showcase BBM for Android in Africa. BBM began as a text messaging system for BlackBerry users, but has expanded to include group chats, sharing of photos as well as voice notes. "We have a unique asset and we want to let BBM flourish," said BlackBerry boss Thorsten Heins in May. Mr. Heins called Samsung's move a vote of confidence in BBM.

For my first post, we need to close above $ 9.20/shr today to resume the rally.
    cjcampbell, jxnb, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    08-07-13 10:53 AM
    Double edged sword there. They've been criticized for announcing things far too in advance so maybe it's best to keep the ship righted, continue with the heads down working, and announce new products or ventures closer to their actual fruition dates.
    Agreed. Just wishful thinking so we shareholders have some type comfort while all this takes shape.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-07-13 10:54 AM
113,250 ... 16601661166216631664 ...