Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OK, enough with this.
    I can feel the mod police getting hot.
    Please stand to the topic, a 2-3 posts OT is OK ... but pages about this is useless and -worse- we have to dig for valuable content. I sincerely hope it's not anyone's goal ... ok, it's not - say.

Thank you very much, all.
    Agreed some steering would be appropriate. The majority are comporting themselves just fine, so far.
    08-07-13 07:05 AM
    Down a penny in PM, going to be a green day...blink blink.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:20 AM
    I am wondering if patents are worth the paper they are written on anymore?
    Yes BBRY patent portfolio is worth quite a bit.

The problem is how that value might be utilized in the future. Some falsely believe that as a shareholder the patents are like gold backing paper money and that IF the worst were to happen they would get the gold.
    08-07-13 07:27 AM
    Yes BBRY patent portfolio is worth quite a bit.

The problem is how that value might be utilized in the future. Some falsely believe that as a shareholder the patents are like gold backing paper money and that IF the worst were to happen they would get the gold.
    Agreed. It would be interesting if someone did an analysis of the Motorola purchase by Google with reference to how many patents Moto had and how important they are. Although Moto had more parts than BlackBerry, we know that Google purchased them for the patent portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:33 AM
    Coming soon: Touchscreen controls for Chrome - Brattleboro Reformer

Coming soon: Touchscreen controls for Chrome

The latest developer ' Canary' version of Google's desktop internet browser can support swipes, pinches and other hands-on operations.

Touch screens are already the standard for mobile devices -- even BlackBerry's latest flagship keypad phone the Q10 also offers a high-definition touch screen in support of its QWERTY keyboard.

Indeed, so big are touch screens that according to Lux Research, the market for haptics -- the technology that provides a tactile response to a touch command -- will experience a 16-fold increase over the next 12 years as touch and gestures become the norm for everything from smartwatches to control pads on running machines
    08-07-13 07:49 AM
    At least this one is BlackBerry's decision and not those people quiting.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. BlackBerry is leaving them. Rebuilding the Team. Making sure they have the "BEST" is all positions. Good Move.
    08-07-13 07:56 AM
    OK, enough with this.
    I can feel the mod police getting hot.
    Please stand to the topic, a 2-3 posts OT is OK ... but pages about this is useless and -worse- we have to dig for valuable content. I sincerely hope it's not anyone's goal ... ok, it's not - say.

Thank you very much, all.
    Good advice to be sure. Does this off-topic advice also apply to Youtube music videos and pictures of beer? Does it also apply to personal announcements of putting other members on ignore and observations that the thread has a lot of greyed out (ignored) sections? The latter, by the way, is not merely off-topic, it is also thinly veiled workaround that just barely avoids directly mocking other members.
    08-07-13 07:58 AM
    08-07-13 08:02 AM
    Good advice to be sure. Does this off-topic advice also apply to Youtube music videos and pictures of beer? Does it also apply to personal announcements of putting other members on ignore and observations that the thread has a lot of greyed out (ignored) sections? The latter, by the way, is not merely off-topic, it is also thinly veiled workaround that just barely avoids directly mocking other members.
    Y'all do what you normally do. And I'm watching your concerns. When it comes to ignores, as the ads say, Just Do It, the rest will work itself out.
    08-07-13 08:06 AM
    Good advice to be sure. Does this off-topic advice also apply to Youtube music videos and pictures of beer?
    It's been my observation, after months on this thread, that the videos are not someone claiming BB10 video playback sucks relative to iOS or Android and here's the proof, or something similar, but rather a mood lightening moment, usually in response to a bad share day.

As for the beer? Well, Friday afternoon is a bad time to be here if you don't like beer comments or pictures. And we never get into multi-page fights about which beer is best.
    08-07-13 08:14 AM
    Seems we need to be brought back to earth:

After conducting checks, Pacific Crest believes that lack of Q10 supply at some U.K. stores is due more to destocking than stronger demand. The firm believes that the Street is too optimistic about Q10 sales data, and it keeps an Underperform rating on the stock
    08-07-13 08:18 AM
    Seems we need to be brought back to earth:

After conducting checks, Pacific Crest believes that lack of Q10 supply at some U.K. stores is due more to destocking than stronger demand. The firm believes that the Street is too optimistic about Q10 sales data, and it keeps an Underperform rating on the stock
    Well, I guess that is that. The next ER will be a disappointment.

I can't see very many consumers walking in to a store and choosing a Q10. There may be lots of them issued by corporations and governments, but store front sales... I doubt it.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    08-07-13 08:20 AM
    It's been my observation, after months on this thread, that the videos are not someone claiming BB10 video playback sucks relative to iOS or Android and here's the proof, or something similar, but rather a mood lightening moment, usually in response to a bad share day.

As for the beer? Well, Friday afternoon is a bad time to be here if you don't like beer comments or pictures. And we never get into multi-page fights about which beer is best.
    It seems life can be cruel when you are on the outside looking in. Buying a wack of BBRY or BB shares would possibly help.

Seems like it will be an interesting day on SP today looking at PM.
    BlackistheBerry and sidhuk like this.
    08-07-13 08:30 AM
    Like BB's response on twitter. They need to be more direct.

http://alexkinsella.tumblr.com/post/...ceive-two-free
    08-07-13 09:00 AM
    In my opinion, there is a momentum change in the US in favour of patent reform which long term will diminish the value of patents in the hands of "patent trolls." The value of a "patent portfolio" would be then realized only in the hands of a big going concern as a shield against other going concerns. All of which means that valuations of "patent portfolios" are likely depreciating quicker across the board than historically.

Agreed. It would be interesting if someone did an analysis of the Motorola purchase by Google with reference to how many patents Moto had and how important they are. Although Moto had more parts than BlackBerry, we know that Google purchased them for the patent portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:01 AM
    Well, I guess that is that. The next ER will be a disappointment.

I can't see very many consumers walking in to a store and choosing a Q10. There may be lots of them issued by corporations and governments, but store front sales... I doubt it.
    It is ashame as Blackberry has such promise.

I know it will offend many here but I lay most of it's troubles at the doorstep of the leadership at Blackberry. At times their comments did way more harm than help. Their "lack of action", early on with the BB10 introduction, scared me.

There is very little they can do at this point. It is sad.
    08-07-13 09:05 AM
    In my opinion, there is a momentum change in the US in favour of patent reform which long term will diminish the value of patents in the hands of "patent trolls." The value of a "patent portfolio" would be then realized only in the hands of a big going concern as a shield against other going concerns. All of which means that valuations of "patent portfolios" are likely depreciating quicker across the board than historically.
    I guess it will come down to the definition of "going concern". If a patent troll licenses the right to use the patent to an accommodating party and earns income from the agreement then is that sufficient to be considered a going concern? Lawyers get paid big bucks to find loop holes.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-07-13 09:07 AM
    Good morning gang! It's going to be a very busy and productive day and the SP is going to continue to work it's way back up (slowly). I don't see much regarding news that is relevant enough to push this hard, so we'll continue to wait for something that can put a spark under this. Hope everyone has a great day.
    08-07-13 09:08 AM
    BlackBerry shares offer something for free

Just like smartphone subscribers that sign on to long-term service plans, BlackBerry Ltd. investors are getting something for free.

In this case, its the company?s enterprise software and services business, QNX, the device business, and a promising machine-to-machine (M2M) business.

According to Scotiabank analyst Gus Papageorgiou, BlackBerry has $5.90 per share in net cash and patents that are worth another $4.26 per share. With the stock trading below $10 per share, he noted that leaves that company?s other businesses and opportunities valued at zero.

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/fp...thing-for-free
    08-07-13 09:15 AM
    BBM will form part of the Samsung Messaging Hub that comes preinstalled on all of the South Korean firm's Android smartphones. The BBM for Android app is still in a closed beta testing stage, but BlackBerry says that it will be available in the Samsung Apps store on launch day.

BlackBerry and Samsung team up over BBM, marketing in Africa | ZDNet
    08-07-13 09:18 AM
    Oh good lord, better not watch the SP. lol I'll check back in later.
    BergerKing and cjcampbell like this.
    08-07-13 09:26 AM
    WOW! I did not think it would react this badly.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-07-13 09:32 AM
    Buying opportunities at the 10:30 dip.
    sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    08-07-13 09:33 AM
    Like BB's response on twitter. They need to be more direct.

What Does This Win Mean? — You
    Ok, can i just go we bit off topic? But still blackberry related.
    What is the definition of a Perv? Ofcourse according to blackberry's business team's comment to a cricket cricket.
    Cool down every one, it is only a wednesday.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-07-13 09:37 AM
    Isn't a perv a pervert? Usually has a sexual connotation.
    08-07-13 09:38 AM
113,256 ... 16591660166116621663 ...