View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Enough iMessage, enough troll, enough paid garbage. Look at the title of the thread, if not agree, create another thread and leave.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:55 PM
    Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:02 PM
    Anyone else curios to see if Samsung/Apple will somehow help promote BBM?
    In case you didn't see it, here's a recent article on Crackberry that speaks to your question. Pretty interesting if you ask me.

"The companies [BlackBerry / Samsung] have also agreed to joint marketing efforts to showcase BBM for Android to customers and to mobile users across Africa."

http://m.crackberry.com/samsung-offe...tphone-devices

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-05-13 11:15 PM
    To sum up the day today for those who missed the action here....

BBM to be available on Samsung phones soon

iMessage works. Most of the times. It is not going to go cross platform anytime soon.
    BBM is.

SP ended up more than 7%

No one is quite sure of the reason for the spike.

TA does work.
    The interpretation of TA is different for everyone.
    The same chart can have different meanings for different people looking at it.

Some people just can't comprehend the title of a thread on CB ! ! ! ! ! !
    08-05-13 11:16 PM
  5. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Enough iMessage, enough troll, enough paid garbage. Look at the title of the thread, if not agree, create another thread and leave.

Posted via CB10

This thread starts with a poll. "Did you buy shares." It is about 1/3:2/3 no/yes at the moment. Are you under the impression that only those who answered "yes" are eligible to comment in this thread?

PS: careful how you answer. I just checked and see no vote at all for Andy bb king.

PPS: I voted no, but that's not strictly true as I have a large amount of Canadian mutual funds that contain BBRY stock. They are icing on my eventual retirement cake, but it is still real money. I also have 0.68 million dollars in a cash account as of 10 days ago. If I see something to convince me that BBRY is a good place for a lump of cash to land, I can be in in less than an hour. Still overvalued in my opinion, but perhaps it will have corrected itself by November. At $4.50 it will definitely be worth dumping some disposable funds into it.
    08-05-13 11:40 PM
    Still overvalued in my opinion, but perhaps it will have corrected itself by November. At $4.50 it will definitely be worth dumping some disposable funds into it.
    You forgot to move your decimal one over to the right
    08-06-13 12:37 AM
    I'm with Hargreaves Lansdowne in the UK. Charge is about �10 per trade, if thats any help
    Halifax is charging me �11.25 for international trades
    08-06-13 12:41 AM
  8. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    You forgot to move your decimal one over to the right
    Quoted for posterity ;-)
    08-06-13 12:53 AM
    You would buy in at $4.50?! Hmmm, if $6.32 last September was considered a very difficult period, I'd hate to think what position BBRY would be in should the SP ever go to $4.50.

At $4.50 it will definitely be worth dumping some disposable funds into it.
    08-06-13 01:45 AM
    Good to see the regular gang on here. I hope all is good with everyone. Been a mad few weeks for me. Hadn't stopped LOL!

Still waiting for the September ER to make a decision.
    08-06-13 01:48 AM
    This thread starts with a poll. "Did you buy shares." It is about 1/3:2/3 no/yes at the moment. Are you under the impression that only those who answered "yes" are eligible to comment in this thread?
    Just a rebound about this :
    1. "It is about 1/3:2/3 no/yes at the moment" : funny how you promoted the "no" as the first option ... While you're absolutely right, it denotes much about your perception (no one is perfect )
    2. Of course, everybody is welcome to comment here, with two main principles in mind :"Stay on topic" and "don't look for troubles"
    3. The thread title start with "I" (as "me", "a contributor", "the author") and then "support BBRY" plus finaly "and I buy shares". Some semantic can help to understand what this thread is about: people who bought shares because they support BlackBerry. I think the usage of BBRY as an abreviation may lead some on the wrong track : "we" do not support the stock, we believe in the company's future.

Have a nice day, each and every one of you, folks !

P.S: (OT) just finished to configure my Z10 (under 10.2.1041 leak) as a bluetooth modem for my holidays desktop ... works like a charm !
    Zarpan, bkupris, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    08-06-13 02:39 AM
    Lenovo smartphone expansion rumors heating up again.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-06-13 04:52 AM

P.S: (OT) just finished to configure my Z10 (under 10.2.1041 leak) as a bluetooth modem for my holidays desktop ... works like a charm !
    I am also on 1047, how did you configure that?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-06-13 05:38 AM
    We're up 1.79% in PM.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:56 AM
    Some site is reporting that the Z30 will have 3GB of RAM. If it does, it would be the first smartphone to do so.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:01 AM
    When I dumped my 4s for a Z10, I didn't get any text message replies from anyone with an iPhone.

I transferred the sim and everything.

Little did I know, my new second alarm clock (aka my iPhone 4s) was preventing me from receiving texts, and it was in airplane mode! I had to physically turn imessage off, then viola!

Still don't know how it's possible, do any of you?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, when your friends sent a message from their iphones the default is for it to get sent through iMessage (which is free instead of a paid SMS). Since you had a registered iMessage account, their iPhones tried to send it that way. Apple and iMessage didn't know you had switched phones. Or that it was in Airplane mode, so the message just stayed at Apple's iMessage server waiting for a chance to get sent. You needed to delink your phone number from iMessage when you made the phone switch.

Folks who have an iPad and iPhone and then switch their phone have this problem as the messages from iPhone users only go to the iPad.
    08-06-13 07:04 AM
    I'd like to remind people of the ignore user feature.

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    Just did, what a good feeling :-)
    08-06-13 07:08 AM
    I am also on 1047, how did you configure that?

Posted via CB10
    Me too!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    08-06-13 07:17 AM
    Some site is reporting that the Z30 will have 3GB of RAM. If it does, it would be the first smartphone to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Can't see it, out of line with rest of spec plus increases production costs.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-06-13 07:22 AM
    BTW - they were pushing the Q5 hard by me on Saturday

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-uploadfromtaptalk1375792206271.jpg  
    08-06-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks all for your patience with me yesterday and apologies for a few incoherent posts. After digging through my online trading account I now know exactly what I bought. I have purchased 77 shares @ $9.5999 USD per share (plus commission). PM looks good so who knows maybe in the green by the end of the day ;-)
    08-06-13 07:33 AM
    Karma at work?

Fairfax ‘confident’ claims against SAC will be reinstated

Criminal charges filed against U.S. hedge fund SAC Capital Advisors LP by federal prosecutors could invigorate Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd.’s lengthy legal battle with the firm and its wealthy founder, Steven Cohen.

On Thursday, a grand jury charged that the insider trading at SAC was “substantial, pervasive and on a scale without known precedent in the hedge fund industry.” The move calls into question the future of the aggressive and well-known hedge fund SAC. But for Toronto-based insurer and investment manager Fairfax, the indictment in some ways vindicates its long and high-profile battle with the company.

“Seven years ago Fairfax sued SAC, alleging it was a criminal enterprise engaged in systemic insider trading and other misconduct,” said Fairfax’s lawyer, Michael Bowe of Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman LLP. “Today, after a wide-ranging and relentless seven-year investigation, numerous SAC employees have been arrested and the company has been indicted.”

Fairfax chief executive Prem Watsa, known for his value investments and bearish view of the North American economy, is also an investor in, and board member of, Blackberry Inc. (formerly Research In Motion, Ltd.), which the criminal indictment claims was one of the companies SAC employees traded using insider information.

Fairfax was one of the first public companies to come out against Stamford, Conn.-based SAC in 2006 when it launched a $6-billion lawsuit in New Jersey against a group of hedge funds. Fairfax alleged the defendants conspired to drive down its stock price, and alleged specific examples of illegal trading by SAC and other hedge funds. The scheme involved synchronizing short positions with negative analyst reports, according to Fairfax’s allegations, which caused a stock drop of close to 70 per cent between 2001 and 2003. (Fairfax’s stock price later rebounded.)

The allegations have not been proven in court. SAC Capital and the other defendants denied the allegations.

In September, 2011, a New Jersey superior court judge ruled in favour of SAC and dismissed Fairfax’s complaint in a way that didn’t allow the lawsuit to be refiled. In fact, all of the hedge funds that Fairfax sued won dismissals.

Fairfax hasn’t given up. It waited until May 31 this year to file its appeal, asking the courts to allow it to proceed with its lawsuit against SAC, as well as the other short sellers, on the grounds that the trial court made four key errors when it decided that Fairfax had no legal remedy.

By that time, SAC was already feeling the heat of the insider trading investigations by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Several media outlets charted redemptions from SAC’s major hedge funds that numbered in the billions.

The criminal indictment of the hedge fund could make Fairfax’s appeal more persuasive. And the charges, let alone a possible conviction, could make winning a trial more challenging for SAC – provided Fairfax‘s appeal is successful.

“Fairfax is confident its claims against SAC will soon be reinstated and it will try its claims against a criminally convicted SAC,” said Mr. Bowe.

Fairfax executives declined to comment.
    08-06-13 07:40 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Happy Tuesday!

Was totally watching the stock price movement yesterday while on holiday - decided not to comment but was still lurking. Missed you all =).

Kind of jelly I didn't hold on to my shares, but I'm trying to play it safer - 4k losses was not pretty. Grats to all of you on the recent gains - hope those of you who picked up more shares on the super lows helped level out your losses!

Cheers to a good day and week. I'll be around!
    08-06-13 07:40 AM
    El Z10 de Blackberry ya se fabrica en la Argentina - eleconomistaamerica.com

The Z10 Blackberry, now manufactured in Argentina Photo: Blackberry

The Canadian firm Blackberry began assembling in the southern province of Tierra del Fuego Argentina your smartphone Z10, along with two new teams have made ​​applications for local technicians.

The news was reported by executives of Blackberry to the Minister of Industry, Debora Giorgi, who said that "it is the policy of the state, for this government, creating opportunities for Argentines have access to new technologies, not only as users but as developers ".

According to managers, Argentina is the Latin American country most applications made ​​to the smartphone's integrated platform Z10, were made by local developers and are available in the online shop of the firm, which announced it will also produce in this province other two cellular models.

Blackberry executives Giorgi ally refined than the other two teams to occur in the coming months, are a response to the increasing demand of the local market.

On the employer side, was attended by the Vice President of Government Relations globally BlackBerry, David Paterson, the director of Government Relations for Latin America, Adrean Rothkopf, and to Argentina, Fernando Sedano, the Commercial Director for the Southern Cone, Juan Cardona , and is responsible for the relationship with the developers of applications, Bryan Tafel.
    08-06-13 07:47 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001596.jpg

Largest Billboard on Times square right now . Photo taken last night....won't make a huge difference in sales but it's a brave company Statement : "we're Back and we're here to stay".
    Well done

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 07:49 AM
113,256 ... 16541655165616571658 ...